Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one who loves purging my closet? I filled 3 large garbage bags today with all my size 14 & 16 pants, all my XL tops and a good portion of my size L tops, several dresses and a bunch of shoes that are now too big. All donated to a women’s shelter. Started a new bag for my 12’s and the rest of my L tops as I move out of those in to 10’s and M’s. Feels so good!

I love that feeling too! I've donated a ton and am down to my smallest clothes I had pre-surgery. I'm pretty close to being unable to wear any of them (the only reason I still can is Stay At Home and not really being seen except on video). It's great!

I just filled another bag for St Vincent de Paul. This one is full of camis, singlet tops, pantyhose & Shapewear. The one before was pyjamas, leggings, track pants & hoodies. This should be my last lot as I think I’ve gone through all my wardrobes & drawers now for the last time? It feels so good not only to cleanse but also to be able to donate the clothing to help others. (Knowing the clothing was all way too big made me feel good too! 😁)

I'm still doing it - and some of the clothes I've moved along are new ones I bought thinking that I'd hit my lowest weight. I wish I'd held off a bit longer as I'm still shrinking.

I did take great pleasure in getting rid of my "big" clothes, I think everyone had clothes they bought just because they fit, not because they loved them. Getting rid of those felt amazing!

I was in a support group that had clothing exchanges. People brought the clothing that no longer fit them and gave it to those who were not as far along. You don't really want to buy new clothes until you are at or near your goal weight, because they will only fit you for a couple of months at most!

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 PM, Recidivist said:

I was in a support group that had clothing exchanges. People brought the clothing that no longer fit them and gave it to those who were not as far along. You don't really want to buy new clothes until you are at or near your goal weight, because they will only fit you for a couple of months at most!

That's a great idea. My support groups is on hold for now but if it picks back up I'll recommend that.