Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, mattk53 said:

3 weeks 21 pounds, No real cravings yet, Even though I had to sit there and watch my son eat a half a loaf of garlic bread a couple days ago. One of my favorites.:371_bread:

I leave the area if others are eating. It makes it so much easier for me to not see or smell the food.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, loveslostcause said:

Hello everyone I had surgery yesterday and me and my sleeve are not getting along so far. I'm in so much pain 😩

I was in soooooo much pain the fist few days, but it definitely gets better as the days go by. I am 10 days post-op and can still feel the change in my stomach but am not in pain anymore. I can drink Water normally but no chugging obviously. Hang in there! Go slowly with your diet. Anything other than Clear Liquids takes time to go down and makes me feel sick if I consume it too fast. And by sick, I mean tired, weak, and slightly nauseous, although I have yet to actually throw up. I usually just end up laying down for a loooooong time.

On 6/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, loveslostcause said:

Hello everyone I had surgery yesterday and me and my sleeve are not getting along so far. I'm in so much pain 😩

I was in soooooo much pain the first few days, but it definitely gets better as the days go by. I am 10 days post-op and can still feel the change in my stomach but am not in pain anymore. I can drink Water normally but no chugging obviously. Hang in there! Go slowly with your diet. Anything other than clear liquids takes time to go down and makes me feel sick if I consume it too fast. And by sick, I mean tired, weak, and slightly nauseous, although I have yet to actually throw up. I usually just end up laying down for a loooooong time.

18 hours ago, srgrl08 said:

Hi @ Heather13 welcome! I think I was similar to you. I had my surgery on 6/8 and had very little pain and nausea. The only thing I'm currently struggling with is exercise. Before my surgery I was pretty active, boxing 3-4 times a week, I'm only three weeks out and when I get up too quickly I get a little dizzy, but I'm hoping once i start incorporating soft foods my doctor will let me pick up on the exercising a bit.

Thank you! This website and forum have been incredibly helpful. Just so nice to be able to know other's experiences. I know what you mean about exercising. I'm eager to start, but also get dizzy when I stand up quickly. I thought that might be low Iron, but I've been taking iron. I'm a little concerned about losing the muscle that I have, but don't feel particularly strong to take on exercise. I did start a 30-day plank challenge two days ago and found that even the incline planks at 15 seconds were a struggle. I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 30th so I'm going to ask him about all of this. Are you able to do 20-30 minute walks per day?

17 hours ago, srgrl08 said:

Let's play a game, maybe something we can all do each week.

Tell me one high in your WLS journey this past week and one low. Also one goal you have for next week. Here's mine:

I love this idea! BTW, I was able to have soft food after my first week. So you having a little salmon, I think, is not bad. But I get what you're saying about wanting to follow the rules and your surgeon has different rules than mine. They really vary quite a bit I've noticed from dr to dr.

My high is going on a long car trip yesterday and planning for it by packing two Protein Drinks and a hard-boiled egg. I didn't even eat/drink all of it - but I was prepared. My low is not walking 30+ minutes every day.

Next week I plan on writing down everything I eat. I haven't done this yet, and realized that I really have no idea how many calories I've had in a day and specifically how much protein/fiber/etc.

Also, congratulations on all the walking you did! I love that you weren't feeling fatigued when you did such a long walk. That's promising for all of us.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, angryspice said:

I was in soooooo much pain the fist few days, but it definitely gets better as the days go by. I am 10 days post-op and can still feel the change in my stomach but am not in pain anymore. I can drink Water normally but no chugging obviously. Hang in there! Go slowly with your diet. Anything other than Clear Liquids takes time to go down and makes me feel sick if I consume it too fast. And by sick, I mean tired, weak, and slightly nauseous, although I have yet to actually throw up. I usually just end up laying down for a loooooong time.

That's exactly me I have not vomited but I just end up laying down and feeling so worn out

Hey all! So I was sleeved yesterday about 5pm. I’ve done really well except uncontrollable belching (weird) and the pain meds made me itch terribly! I have a few questions for those further along
1) I weighed myself as soon as I got home today think I’d had nothing to eat/drink that my weight would drop a little but it’s up almost 4 lbs from yesterday morning
2) any tips on getting the liquid pains medicine down? The taste makes me instantly nauseous and so now because I’m not able to take a full dose my pain level is starting to go up and it dang been bad at all until now that I can’t manage it.
Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Sayj513 said:

Hey all! So I was sleeved yesterday about 5pm. I’ve done really well except uncontrollable belching (weird) and the pain meds made me itch terribly! I have a few questions for those further along
1) I weighed myself as soon as I got home today think I’d had nothing to eat/drink that my weight would drop a little but it’s up almost 4 lbs from yesterday morning
2) any tips on getting the liquid pains medicine down? The taste makes me instantly nauseous and so now because I’m not able to take a full dose my pain level is starting to go up and it dang been bad at all until now that I can’t manage it.
Thanks in advance

Do not stress about the weight. I gained 9 pounds the two days I was in the hospital! It was for sure the extra fluids and swelling. It took a week to drop off and then I lost 12 pounds the second week.

Hey all! I had sleeve surgery on 6/25, tomorrow I see my surgeon for my 1 week post op and I’m containing the urge to weigh myself until then.

I spent 1 night in the hospital, was able to get in enough fluids and was discharged the next afternoon. I live about an hour away from the hospital where I had surgery and summer traffic in the area doubled the time it took to get home. I was glad to have had a pillow in the car (after reading another person mention it to help going over road construction & such) it definitely helped with the stop and go traffic car jerking my hubby fought to drive me home.

Everyday has gotten a little better with everything from pain to sleep, I slept for 5 solid hours last night before waking up (it’s killing me to sleep on my back, I’m a side sleeper normally).

My incisions have been the most tender things once the gas pain dispersed. Mainly my large incision and the one to the right of it. But they are healing well with no heat, inflammation or anything concerning.

I’m not taking real walks yet but have made sure to walk around the house often (every hour or so when awake) But today felt like a giant leap in energy as I got an itch to organize and unpack some things in my kitchen and did it before getting too tired out.

Makes sense I get worn out quick as I’m on a watered down juice diet since surgery. But after my checkup tomorrow I will start 1 week of shakes on Thursday, followed by 2 weeks of soft foods, before moving into solid foods after my 1 month check up.

Important side notes- I had my first BM 4 days after surgery. I attribute this to adding daily liquid Probiotics to my regiment (add to my first Water in the morning) when I came home (it was cleared through my program) & it helps promote healing. After all 70% of your immune system comes from the bacteria in your gut good,bad, or ugly.

-I also dilute concentrated Protein with some water to get some protein in even while drinking mainly juice and I think this has helped with everything from having some energy to not feeling nauseous.

Both of the above are products that are non-gmo/vegan/organic/no sugars/no sugar alcohols in them.

Highs and lows for the week;

High- Having more energy each day
Low- Not being as ‘active’ as I want to be yet. (Listening to my body, not my head)

5 hours ago, Sayj513 said:

Thanks in advance

I'm impressed that you're writing here only a day out. I didn't feel terrible, but definitely didn't feel like I could put together a sentence. I think the anesthesia really made me tired. The IV Fluid, I think, is the reason for the "weight gain" and it will come off fast. I don't know if this will make it even more unpalatable, but could you mix the pain med into your Protein Shake? I didn't need it after the first night at home. Hopefully that will be the same for you and you won't have to worry about how bad it tastes soon.

Question, i was sleeved 6/29 and am 5 days post getting up to about 70 grams protein/day now (2 mixed proteinshakes and 2 Greek yogurts) anyways my question is how long before you were sleeping comfortably at night and how long before you stood all the way upright? I’m not able to yet and have developed HORRIBLE sciatic/lower back pain on my right side from not being able to sleep like normal or walk like normal. HELP! The lower back pain is now making it harder for me to get around than just my incision. Any ideas or insight

2 minutes ago, Sayj513 said:

Question, i was sleeved 6/29 and am 5 days post getting up to about 70 grams protein/day now (2 mixed proteinshakes and 2 Greek yogurts) anyways my question is how long before you were sleeping comfortably at night and how long before you stood all the way upright? I’m not able to yet and have developed HORRIBLE sciatic/lower back pain on my right side from not being able to sleep like normal or walk like normal. HELP! The lower back pain is now making it harder for me to get around than just my incision. Any ideas or insight

Took me about two or three weeks possibly a little longer before I could sleep on my side. To make myself more comfortable haid a v shaped pillow which leant against two other pillows that were flat, it helped me sleep on a bit sitting up.

With the standing upright, I remember being a bit ginger about standing tall, but possibly that was about the same time...I was able to stand tall as soon as I was able to get out of bed without needing to roll out of bed.

Hi y’all..Hope everyone is having a great day. I’m 3 weeks out just wondering if y’all have any discomfort when drinking Protein Shakes? ? I can take about 5 sips then my stomach just starts cramping like lactose cramps. I drink Premier Protein but this past week it just feels like they r so thick and my stomach is like NOPE. Any suggestions on what else I can drink and will this continue once I start actually eating?? Right now I’m n the puréed diet but I eat like 3 bits and I’m done. I’m just worried about getting in my Protein.