Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any dense, high protein meals?

I had surgery on 12/31/19 and have done very well. I was very lucky to have an easy recovery, including no physical hunger. Well, I'm 5 1/2 months out now and my hunger has returned - a lot! I'm trying to be sure to eat dense Protein at all my meals. My program doesn't like snacking so I'm trying to avoid that but if I am really hungry I'll have some greek yogurt.

Does anyone have any advice on good, high protein, dense meals you like? I'm not much of a cook so simple items would be best.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

You could take a look at bodybuilding or fitness websites. There are usually lots of high Protein recipes on their websites or boards.

I got the idea of high protein oats, protein mug cakes, protein pancakes and waffles and protein balls from there.

tuna. Salmon. chicken breast.

we always have a thing of marinated chicken skewers from costco in the fridge. I could make them myself for about 1/3 of the cost, but they're very convenient. Two of those usually fill me up.

If you eat meats/seafood then that will def fit the bill. Grilled/baked/air-fried....

Congratulations on all your hard work.

Some of my favorites are at albertsons. Fresh meat case has seafood, poultry, beef pork. Items in the meat case are already seasoned You can buy in single servings and cook at home. Beautiful chicken parmesan. Asparagus stuffed chicken breast. Swordfish, ceviche, great cuts of beef.

My quick Proteins - Low to no cook days photos below

Lots of meal combinations - Be creative.

Cubed Turkey salad with sliced strawberries, pecans and skinny girl raspberry vinaigrette

Beef fajitas no tortilla or if allowed on your plan

rotisserie chicken wrapped in sliced zucchini add enchilada sauce. Serve with a side of riced cauliflower

Sliced Turkey, steamed veggies

Smoked salmon salad

2.jpg

download.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

download.jpg

Thanks All. I am not a big meat eater - I just don't like most of it. I've been living off of various chicken dishes and greek yogurt, Protein Shakes, etc... My "go to's" include: Ground chicken, Beans, onion and taco seasoning: or sliced chicken breasts, various peppers, onion and fajita seasoning; I also do chicken PIccatta only with almond flour instead of bread crumbs.

I'll take a look at the body builder sites and see what I can find. I am doing some carbs but am trying to be careful as I could easily live on nothing but carbs if it was just about taste :)

I will definitely look at the costco chicken skewers!

We don't have Albertsons here (we did where I grew up) and my local deli/meat case isn't nearly so nice! I may have to shake up my routine and try some other stores.

I will have to try that Turkey strawberry salad. It sounds amazing!!!

Thanks again all!

Lori