Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just make sure you tell them a head of time. they only have for nasal so throat has to be ordered

On 06/19/2020 at 14:55, maddmar said:

so happy nothing up his nose ha ha... turns out when i told them i suffer from panic attacks and anxiety which is true.. i was about to the throat one... so happy so relived praise praise....

covid done didn't have to do nasal got to do the throat awesome easy didnt know it started

I had it on Monday. It’s kind of like the feeling when Water goes up your nose in the pool and it burns a little bit. The stinging a little milder than that, but it’s a little more sustained as they have to do it 10 seconds in each nostril.

I haven’t read the responses above, so my next comment isn’t toward anyone particular, but I’ve heard seen so many people online being dramatic about the test and referring to it as horrible (someone was telling people it’s like childbirth - what?! 0. There’s are some horrible medical procedures, and this one is not. For those of you who haven’t had it yet, please don’t worry

Edited by AlwaysCruising

Hmmmmm.. They only did one nostril for me.

55 minutes ago, Lanie992 said:

Hmmmmm.. They only did one nostril for me.

I guess that person wasn’t an over achiever 😂 The protocol is for both, but what is really scary to me is the 20% false notice rate. Yikes.

10 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

I guess that person wasn’t an over achiever 😂 The protocol is for both, but what is really scary to me is the 20% false notice rate. Yikes.

🤣 No wonder mine wasn't that bad.. only one nostril and it seemed to be finished in 10 seconds. 🤣

I understand your concern. I had it done the day of surgery. Fortunately, I was able to have the blood test done for COVID-19 instead of the nasal swab. It reminded me of getting a finger stick to check your glucose. It was simple, quick and less uncomfortable for me. See if that’s an option.

On 06/20/2020 at 10:58, AlwaysCruising said:

I had it on Monday. It’s kind of like the feeling when Water goes up your nose in the pool and it burns a little bit. The stinging a little milder than that, but it’s a little more sustained as they have to do it 10 seconds in each nostril.

I haven’t read the responses above, so my next comment isn’t toward anyone particular, but I’ve heard seen so many people online being dramatic about the test and referring to it as horrible (someone was telling people it’s like childbirth - what?! 0. There’s are some horrible medical procedures, and this one is not. For those of you who haven’t had it yet, please don’t worry

Childbirth hahaha
Not even close!
I’ve had 5 covid tests. Three for surgery and 2 for thinking I was and one for routine at doc.

It’s not horrendous but It’s not fun at all. It’s more weird and discomfort. Takes 10 seconds if that.

6 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Childbirth hahaha
Not even close!
I’ve had 5 covid tests. Three for surgery and 2 for thinking I was and one for routine at doc.

It’s not horrendous but It’s not fun at all. It’s more weird and discomfort. Takes 10 seconds if that.

Yikes, you may win the covid test prize!

I thought the childbirth thing was pretty laughable too! I mean we each perceive things our own way, but there is a only so much variety that fits reality (and the covid test is more an aggravation than a huge problem).

On 06/21/2020 at 07:38, AlwaysCruising said:

Yikes, you may win the covid test prize!

I thought the childbirth thing was pretty laughable too! I mean we each perceive things our own way, but there is a only so much variety that fits reality (and the covid test is more an aggravation than a huge problem).

:/)
I can’t believe they test throat. That seems wrong to me. But I’m not Fauci lollllll

I had a Covid test before my surgery. Honestly, it was no big deal. I went to a drive-thru test site. The test itself involved sticking a very thin swab waaaaay up one nostril and swirling it around for about 10 seconds. It tickled going in but burned when it reached where it needed to go. The whole time she was doing it I just moaned and said "uggghhh make it stop make it stop." Then it was over and within about 20 minutes my nose didn't even feel weird anymore.

In my experience, a strep test is MUCH worse - I have involuntarily pushed nurses away who were trying to swab my throat!

Even though I was 99.9% sure my result would be negative, having that confirmed by the test was reassuring.

I got mine over a week ago. Soooo dreading it. Surprisingly it was bad.

5 hours ago, Groovymommy said:

In my experience, a strep test is MUCH worse - I have involuntarily pushed nurses away who were trying to swab my throat!

Even though I was 99.9% sure my result would be negative, having that confirmed by the test was reassuring.

I said the same thing! I had a strep test about 2 months ago and it was horrid. I almost threw up on my doctor!

On 06/21/2020 at 11:25, Lanie992 said:

I said the same thing! I had a strep test about 2 months ago and it was horrid. I almost threw up on my doctor!

sorry to hear that. i am a huge baby and i mean huge. i didnt feel anything she literally just went to the back of my throat not bottom or anything. but i know everyone experiences is different. my results came back neg no surprise to me. but i did tell her i suffer from panic and anxiety attacks so maybe she was extra gentle. they other nurse had the guy hurting in pain. glad i didn't get her because well i might have been in jail she was real rough with it

On 6/20/2020 at 9:53 PM, ge0rgette2 said:

Childbirth hahaha
Not even close!

I agree. I had a COVID test yesterday for my surgery tomorrow and it was not terribly bad. This test was using both nostrils. I had a prior test in May, before a procedure and it was one nostril and a bit more annoying but it doesn’t take long.