Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want to hear from others who had botox w tummy tuck

Looking for others that have had a botox and Tummy Tuck to see how the procedure felt after surgery and what it did

8 hours ago, MVK said:

What does Botox have to do with a Tummy Tuck? Seems like an odd combination. I only get Botox in my forehead 😆

Botox injections in the stomach for weight loss, its a thing....

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/digestive_weight_loss_center/services/concierge_weight_loss_program/gastric_botox.html

I have never heard of that before..... Botox is a temporary thing... well at least on the face. @Hop_Scotchi read the attachment and still don't get it.

I had a tt 8 years ago. With Muscle repair and Lipo of the flanks.

Posted (edited)

I found this, it explains how it supposedly works https://estetikland.com/en/weight-losing-with-stomach-botox/ ps it written by someone whose first language isn't English

Effects of stomach Botox

Botox is applied to stomach muscles and it is effective on smooth muscles of stomach. Muscles with Botox have decreased contraction capacity. For example, since contraction of stomach muscles that process food in 2-3 hours and discards this processed food in 4-4.5 hours slow down, this process can take up to 10-12 hours. With the help of injection to stomach part where hunger hormone ghrelin is segregated, level of this hormone is significantly decreased. This way, appetite of the patient can be decreased significantly and sense of fullness can be maintained for a long time.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Do you know how expensive Botox is? I pay roughly $1200 to get it in my forehead every 3 months. I can’t imagine how many units something like this would be... I’d imagine thousands of dollars every few months. Seems like a bogus scam invented by someone who wants to take advantage of desperate WLS patients.