Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You gals are lucky you only have to do a week and get some type of food! My program has us on liquids for 2 weeks and we’re only allowed 1 boiled egg a day 😩 today is day 4 and so far I’m liking premier Proteins chocolate, vanilla and Carmel.... Cookies and cream I could do without lol

On 2/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Confidently_Me said:

Hello everyone! Has anyone else received March 10 as a surgery date? Was thinking we could all swap info to help keep each other motivated!!

I am March 5th! Im in the middle of the pre-op clear liquid diet phase or as I like to call it "About to eat one of my kids phase" lol!

On 2/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, NewEnglanderGal said:

I have been trying out different brands to see which are palatable. So far I’m digging the protein20 drinks and premiere Protein chocolate the best.
I’ve also got three different types of Protein Soups that in anxiously awaiting to try 🙃

I started my liquid diet yesterday (actually 2 days early than needed). The Premiere Protein Carmel is to die for! I fully expect it to be too sweet for me post op.

I tried the Swanson chicken Bone Broth (plain) -- not bad. I have to find the other flavors though.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:22 AM, Confidently_Me said:

You gals are lucky you only have to do a week and get some type of food! My program has us on liquids for 2 weeks and we’re only allowed 1 boiled egg a day 😩 today is day 4 and so far I’m liking premier Proteins chocolate, vanilla and Carmel.... Cookies and cream I could do without lol

Heh, I'm on straight liquids, broth, sugar free popsicles and Jello. That's it for me, or and Water of course. Yeah, that Cookies and Cream.... yuck. I just threw out some old ones this weekend when I purged the refrig of all foods...

Edited by Mello1

1 hour ago, KS Mermaid said:

I am March 5th! Im in the middle of the pre-op clear liquid diet phase or as I like to call it "About to eat one of my kids phase" lol!

How bad is yours!?! I start mine tomorrow 😬

1 hour ago, Mello1 said:

Heh, I'm on straight liquids, broth, sugar free popsicles and Jello. That's it for me, or and Water of course. Yeah, that Cookies and Cream.... yuck. I just threw out some old ones this weekend when I purged the refrig of all foods...

Damn, that’s rough! How long do you have to do that for. One or two weeks?

9 minutes ago, NewEnglanderGal said:

Damn, that’s rough! How long do you have to do that for. One or two weeks?

2 weeks and they made it clear that if you don't do it, you won't have the surgery. I've fasted before, so I know what to expect. I used to fast for 14-21 in the fall, but the acid reflux couldn't handle green juice fasting anymore.

Actually, I'm into day 2, and so far, so good. I think it's the Protein Shakes.

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I found this site last night while struggling mentally with the LSD. My surgery is also on 3/9. I am on a high Protein liquid-only diet for 14 days. The last two are Clear Liquids only.

I wanted to share some of the drinks that I have found to be appealing in the last 7 days to help some of you who are just starting.

The Primer Protein chocolate was my go-to, but in the last week, I have found it to be too thick and a little chalky. I seem to have latched on to the Muscle Milk Light. It's not as thick but checks all the boxes.

My guidelines in my book for shakes are under 160 calories, between 15-30 grams of protein and less than 5 grams of sugar. I can have 5-6 of them.

I'm also allowed 2 servings of skim milk, all the Water (with crystal light) I can drink, sugar-free Jello and popsicles as well as broth. I did the Swanson's Bone Broth stuff three times last week and that was all I could handle. So I do bullion cubes in hot water, or I found a brand called "Better than Bullion" which is a paste that you add to water. It's pretty good.

I try to save my milk for night time and treat myself to a Protein Powder shake. I make sure it meets the guidelines listed above. Ghost Protein has one called chips Ahoy. It's amazing. I drink that about 9:30 pm. I'm not hungry overnight and don't get hungry for Breakfast until about 8:30 am the next day.

I'd also like to note that Grape Crystal Light is wonderful. It tastes so good!

Edited by starting over 2020

2 hours ago, Mello1 said:

2 weeks and they made it clear that if you don't do it, you won't have the surgery. I've fasted before, so I know what to expect. I used to fast for 14-21 in the fall, but the acid reflux couldn't handle green juice fasting anymore.

Man, you are a trooper!

4 hours ago, NewEnglanderGal said:

How bad is yours!?! I start mine tomorrow 😬

I can have 1-3 Premier Protein shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, chkn/beef broth, crytal light w/caffeine is my friend. (1) fruit and (1) vegetable a day

2 hours ago, NewEnglanderGal said:

Man, you are a trooper!

Yeah, I got a call from the nutritionist this afternoon to officially discuss my liquid diet. Heh, I told her I was already on it. I like to start things on a Sunday.

18 hours ago, Mello1 said:

I’ve sneaked a few nibbles 😩 but it just hit me surgery is MONDAY 🤯 NO more nibbles!

17 hours ago, starting over 2020 said:

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I found this site last night while struggling mentally with the LSD. My surgery is also on 3/9. I am on a high Protein liquid-only diet for 14 days. The last two are Clear Liquids only.

I wanted to share some of the drinks that I have found to be appealing in the last 7 days to help some of you who are just starting.

The Primer Protein chocolate was my go-to, but in the last week, I have found it to be too thick and a little chalky. I seem to have latched on to the Muscle Milk Light. It's not as thick but checks all the boxes.

My guidelines in my book for shakes are under 160 calories, between 15-30 grams of protein and less than 5 grams of sugar. I can have 5-6 of them.

I'm also allowed 2 servings of skim milk, all the Water (with crystal light) I can drink, sugar-free Jello and popsicles as well as broth. I did the Swanson's Bone Broth stuff three times last week and that was all I could handle. So I do bullion cubes in hot Water, or I found a brand called "Better than Bullion" which is a paste that you add to water. It's pretty good.

I try to save my milk for night time and treat myself to a Protein Powder shake. I make sure it meets the guidelines listed above. Ghost Protein has one called chips Ahoy. It's amazing. I drink that about 9:30 pm. I'm not hungry overnight and don't get hungry for Breakfast until about 8:30 am the next day.

I'd also like to note that Grape Crystal Light is wonderful. It tastes so good!

Thought it was just me with the chalky taste... also they leave my lip a bit stiff lol the crystal light have been better than I thought but I find some of them to be a bit too sweet