Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!

Just now, Stinkerbells2ndact said:

Thanks for your input @asnirak and @Rearguard. Nice to know I'm not alone and questioning. I don't really have any trouble getting water/tea type drinks down. It worries me a bit that I can drink them pretty fast? Even the Dr. provided shakes are pretty liquidy and I can get 8 oz down w/in 30 mins or so. Hope that's not a bad sign?

Question: does the Water that it is in all these type of items count towards the Water intake count?

The approved liquids for me are water, low salt clear broth, low salt creamy Soups, apple or white grape juice 50% juice mixed with 50% water, unsweetened nut milks, non fat milk, low salt Tomato Soup, sugar free kool aid, etc. All these are considered fluids and count towards the 64oz Fluid intake.

Just now, Rearguard said:

The approved liquids for me are Water, low salt clear broth, low salt creamy Soups, apple or white grape juice 50% juice mixed with 50% water, unsweetened nut milks, non fat milk, low salt Tomato Soup, sugar free kool aid, etc. All these are considered fluids and count towards the 64oz Fluid intake.

Thanks for clarifying. It's pretty much what I thought, but wouldn't mind double dipping, lol. Feel like I'm constantly sipping. :)

Just now, Stinkerbells2ndact said:

Thanks for clarifying. It's pretty much what I thought, but wouldn't mind double dipping, lol. Feel like I'm constantly sipping. :)

Sure, no problem. I'm sure you're doing fine. This is a learning experience for all of us! 😃

Well, it appears that week 3 is the bubble week as folk set to go in week 4 are now getting cancelled. I'm waiting myself to see if my surgery will be switched back to the original date of tomorrow. Ahhhh the anxiousness of it all....

I'm not so annoyed because of the virus, but because the hospital switched my date in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Mello1 said:

Well, it appears that week 3 is the bubble week as folk set to go in week 4 are now getting cancelled. I'm waiting myself to see if my surgery will be switched back to the original date of tomorrow. Ahhhh the anxiousness of it all....

I'm not so annoyed because of the virus, but because the hospital switched my date in the first place.

Oh that stinks, I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess it really depends on the location and hospital, I think this whole thing is surreal.

I think I have entered what my surgeon called “the tunnel of misery”. I bought so many different broths and Soups so I’d have a variety, and the idea of ANY of them makes me nauseous. I also can just BARELY stand the thought of any of the shakes. And I desperately want all the food my husband is cooking for my family. I know I’ll get through it, and it’s worth it, I just needed to share with people who would get it.

Also, I’m so sorry to the people who are getting canceled. From my perspective, I am terrified right now about developing complications that could send me back to the hospital in the midst of chaos. For example, I developed a little respiratory rattle in the Hospital BC I can’t breathe deeply bc of the pain, and I’m so scared it will develop into pneumonia. Also I feel like while I’m healing my immune system is compromised, so I’m nervous about that too.

I don’t mean to devalue the experience of getting your surgery postponed. I would have been devastated. But there are some pros to it.

Now will someone help me get out of the Tunnel of Misery?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the website. I just had my bypass on friday so that makes me 3 days post-OP. Does anyone have weird internal stitch pulling? I placed an order for a bodyband and a body pillow, does anyone else have any suggestions?

On 03/16/2020 at 10:03, Mello1 said:

Well, mine is still on for the 24th at this moment just because it’s at an outpatient surgery center and not a hospital but I’m sure this will be a Fluid situation day by day.

@ansirak

I have been worried about my breathing as well. I try to get up and move when I can. I find myself fearing coughing from my dry throat. My husband keeps the little container by my side of the bed full with poweraid zero, Water and a Protein Shake. I dont have much of an appetite. I try to get in liquids as I can I may je up to 8 or 10 ounces day. I'm just not hungry. They had pizza and Pasta today, the pasta smell was intoxicating. I licked a little of the sauce off his fork...after that some broth did the trick and I was okay.

Does broth work for you? I have found ham broth and chicken bouillon to be amazing!!!!

50 minutes ago, JDubs said:

Well, mine is still on for the 24th at this moment just because it’s at an outpatient surgery center and not a hospital but I’m sure this will be a Fluid situation day by day.

I’m going in the morning. I’ll be back to posting by this weekend. Hold thoughts for me!

7 minutes ago, Mello1 said:

I’m going in the morning. I’ll be back to posting by this weekend. Hold thoughts for me!

BEST of luck to you!!! Many hugs!