Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uncontrollable binge eating PO

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm 2+ yrs PO sleeve

My brain sometimes gets into the mode where I "must" eat and I cannot stop. Yesterday I ate like 7 bowls of cereal!!! I typically dont even like Cereal but for some reason I just couldn't put down my spoon. While I'm eating I know I'll regret it later but I just can't stop. I'm suffering the consequences of this like crazy. My tummy is going crazy and I'm gaining weight. I dont remember doing this pre op. I just dont understand where this is coming from. I didn't calculate but I'm pretty sure I hit over 3,000 cals yesterday. :(

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, chayarg said:

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm 2+ yrs PO sleeve

My brain sometimes gets into the mode where I "must" eat and I cannot stop. Yesterday I ate like 7 bowls of cereal!!! I typically dont even like Cereal but for some reason I just couldn't put down my spoon. While I'm eating I know I'll regret it later but I just can't stop. I'm suffering the consequences of this like crazy. My tummy is going crazy and I'm gaining weight. I dont remember doing this pre op. I just dont understand where this is coming from. I didn't calculate but I'm pretty sure I hit over 3,000 cals yesterday. :(

it can happen, yes. You need to get a handle on that ASAP or you're going to end up gaining most or all of your weight back. It's much easier to lose 10 lbs than it is 50. Do you have access to a therapist and/or dietitian? It might not be a bad idea to find some help...

WOW - Not as long post Op but wishing you luck on this.

May be head games, No way you can be that hungry, I suggest you look at yourself in the mirror and then go find old photos of yourself before, That should scare the f#$ck out of you to imagine going back to being that unhealthy and unhappy. Do you really want to go thru all that work again or possibly never be able to do it again? OVER food?

my logo stands strong f@#CK FOOD!

Hi If you live alone you can just get rid of binge inducing foods.

I lived with my MOm and put on seventy lbs post op because she had all sorts of bingeable carbs.

I can not control myself around carbs so I control my environment,

Get on this whether with therapy or a change in what is available in your home.

It took me two years to lose 40 lbs. Still working on the last thirty.

Don't head down this path if you can help it.

Good Luck!

Sorry you are struggling,

Thank you for your honesty. The work does not end after goal. Things may come up that people don't expect. No shame in asking for help. Look into therapy and support in NY (goggle it) Keep us updated and share how you are taking control of the situation.

Anything we can do to support you...let us know.

Yes, I had a Cheeto addiction post op, might sound crazy but I could eat a whole bag in a day. I won’t even buy them anymore. If you have access to meetings, it helps to go and even hear from the pre op people to help you remember why you went through this. Think back on the day after surgery when you probably thought to yourself what the hell did I just do to myself and think about how far you’ve come so far. But a support group really does help. I only go when I start to falter and need the help, they have then once a month where I went.

Thanks for all the support
Currently I'm on day 2 of IF doing a lot better. I live with A LOT OF PEOPLE. 12 to be exact so getting rid of "bingable" foods is not really an option. I'm looking into finding a good nutritionist in my area. The main thing is to get right back on track.

I’m going through this too. Especially with being cooped up inside. Could really use some serious help now. Sounds crazy but it’s feels good to hear I’m not the only one. I’m 2 years out as well....

I'm having problems with binge eating too. My husband keeps trying to get me to eat when I'm not hungry. If you have a lot of people in the house and they bring their goodies into the house you might ask them to keep them in their rooms. You could write their names on the bags, so it reminds you that their goods don't belong to you.

Most of all be kind to yourself, You have eaten some food, gain a few pounds. you haven't killed anyone

Marcie, Sleeved in January 2020