Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 26th will be the date...

No dumping.

However, one has to keep in mind that dumping usually doesn't occur once you eat a gram of sugar.

With the MGB, when I ate too much sugar at once I felt queasy. Late dumping only occurred when I also drank alcohol and ate too much sugar.

I'm starting to feel better. Walking with my husband and dog got easier during the last days but of course I'm still not on top.

Tested my newly arrived air up bottle today with lemon scent. I think it's a really good thing for people who struggle with drinking plain, tasteless and non-carbonated Water. However, it's not for the no-straws crowd.

Interestingly enough straws aren't a topic of concern in my team. I heard about the air up bottle during my last hospital stay and ordered it. I'm pleasantly surprised though I have to get used at sucking at the bottle. I never was much of a straw guzzler.

As expected my follow-up appointment that was scheduled in advance was just cancelled. I wonder how much time it will take for people to come back to some kind of normalcy. Like, how long does it take for us to learn to live with the virus and the changes it brings for most likely many months?

People are whining that they should stay at home. Come on... there is worse. And TV, phone, video chat, internet and the book have already been invented. If it helps your need to show everyone on social media how busy and cool your life is, post a selfie reading a book on Facebook, instagram or wherever.

And dear (self-proclaimed) "influencers", make stay-at-home activities look cool, please.

For starters take a look at this real classy selfie showing off my 3 week old incisions. They look fine. Skin not so much. Bleh.

Scar Show Off.jpg

Edited by summerset

Tolerated everything so far. Black coffee. Pumpernickel with lentil spread and nut butter. Protein Bar. Sushi. Yum!

However, my restriction is higher at the moment. Feels weird to have that again. Prepared food for tomorrow. Pumpernickel with an onion spread, a sweet nut spread and smoked tofu with mustard. Protein Shake and a pear. Protein bar just in case. Some cashews.

A colleague told me the salad bar is closed now. Bummer I haven't stocked up on some vegetables one can eats raw just fine. My husband will bring some on Saturday when he comes over for the weekend though.

Edited by summerset

Update: first day of work and this "weird bump" wasn't seroma/haematoma but herniated tissue. Thanks to the surgeons who fixed it the same day. Also many thanks to my co-workers who are all very helpful and understanding. People are all very caring and I'm very grateful.

And I'm home again after what? 1.5 hours of work and a night in the hospital.

The fresh wound looks adequate. Still some swelling and hematoma around it but nothing to be concerned about. I will be home for a week. Hopefully everything will be alright then.

Eating is ok. I still have cravings that most people would label as weird I guess. I still want these roasted red beets I fantasied about (but couldn't get my hands on the raw ones, they're kind of hard to get, only the cooked ones).

Tonight I will try raw vegetables with a self-made dip for the first time. Everything else I tried (with the exception of smoked tofu) was ok so far.

Still having some mild pain at the fresher wound. Nothing serious, but a little bit annoying nevertheless. Still some swelling there.