Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bitches

What's wrong with us? We should be able to stick together and support each other but it has only worked that way for me in a workplace setting once in 20 years.

How true, how true! I do OK working with women now but my first job out of college was miserable! I was working for a newpaper with a bunch of women who prided themselves on being feminists but basically carried on like a bunch of junior-high cheerleaders. One of them was a flat-out bully and people tended to fall in line behind her - even some of the guys. I was a target and at 23, just out of school and cut off from my support group, I just didn't know how to cope or to fight back. I finally ended up being fired, in part because my confidence was shot by these people and I was overcome with anxiety at work. Although I must say I'm kind of glad it happened early in my career - everything else seems minor now. (P.S. I'm not knocking feminists in general ... just these particular ones.)

I sooo totally understand where you are all coming from. Before I was a nurse, I worked at an ambulance service, where it was mainly guys. Then I became a nurse and had to work with all women. Wow, what a change!! Women are so nitpicky, gossipy, and always in your business. I can't stand it sometimes. The clique in the ICU was really bad when I went to work there, but it has gotten much better over the last few years. Once you figure out who the main offenders are, you can figure out how to deal with them. I swear it's like being in high school again sometimes though!

LOL, this is so funny because this is what I am have been going through for the last 4 or 5 months, I have a target on my back. I have a crew of 12, 10 women and 2 men. About 6 of them went running to there union pres. last week at a meeting and the story is that 3 of them aired there dirty laundry, 1 has a valid complaint and we are in the mist of correcting that, the other 2 was just plain stupidity on there part. My office door turned into a revolving door the next morning after the meeting. I thought it was really funny because everyone approached me that was there, except the two, telling me what had happened, there was several that was upset about what the two had said because they knew that what they was saying was not true. I never once asked anyone what happened at the meeting, I could care less about what goes on there, but they let me know. It has been funny because 1 is walking around like her crap don't stink, and she had been avoiding me for the last two weeks. She is acting like I got something on you, and you are going to get it. The other 1 has a guilty trip going on, I walked by her the day after the meeting deep in thought, and I looked at her, not even realizing she was there and she goes why are you looking at me like that. Oppps sorry did not know you was there.

Anyway, after my office door stopped spinning I called there union rep and told her I want a mediation meeting ASAP, I am not going on winter break with this crap hanging all over everyone. I think I shocked her, she was like ohhhhhhhh ok. If these women really think that can go over there a spill there guts with out me finding out about it they are stupid, and if they really think I am going someplace else they are really stupid. I did not go looking for this job, this job came looking for me.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a place to vent also, it is always nice to know that there are other women out there having too fight multiply battles everyday. Weight and Work. lol

First of all babygrrl, I would go up to the party planner and ask her CALMLY point blank if there was a reason she didn't invite you. Put her on the spot and and watch her squirm. Women tend to do nasty things in a group to avoid personal responsibility, so hit them up one by one. Then I would go to the birthday girl and tell her you wish her happy birthday, and would have liked to have been invited so you could do so at the party. Never raise your voice, just calmly show them up for the bitches they are.

The queen bee is at it again. Why oh why are some people just not happy unless they are causing other people pain? Funny how this lady tries to portray being all righteous and Christian. Let me tell you honey just because you have 75846 pictures of Jesus in your cubicle and you talk bible when ever you can, you are not a true Christian if you spend the rest of your day belittling, judging, tattling, and poking your nose into other people business.

Ugh. God Bless those too self absorbed to notice that they are acting like complete assholes. God Bless those too nosy to stay out of other people's business.

I am way jealous.

I started my career in accounting with all women, and was disgusted at how women in the workplace treat each other. So I would dig ditches before going back to that. The technical world worked out nicely for me and I adore all my co-workers!

The clique in the ICU was really bad when I went to work there, but it has gotten much better over the last few years. Once you figure out who the main offenders are, you can figure out how to deal with them. I swear it's like being in high school again sometimes though!

Nurses are the WORST!!! You just want to hang them by their silly looking feet with swollen ankles and poke them with a stick that has a sharp pointy thing on the end.

I hate working with women. This is part of why I do my best to not make friends out of co-workers.

My current situation works very well for me. I'm on a virtual team. My boss and 13 out of the 14 people on my team are in other states. I sit in an office full of people that I will never work with or interact with - I really just kind of sit here and take up space. Out of the 300ish people in my office, I know maybe 20 of them. There's one other person here who is on my team and reports to the same VP, but we have different managers and very different responsibilities. We've never had a project together. She & I get along well, which is nice, because as long as we trust each other to have the other's back we can pretty much do whatever we want. At least 2 or 3 days a week I'm working from home, so there goes what little connections I have to the office.

It's spoling me though. I've certainly worked jobs where I didn't care for the people I had to interact with daily, and it's no fun.

Oh - hell job!

I interviewed for a position, and during the interview they told me their intention would be to move the spot into a director job once it was approved, but that they were posting it as a subordinate position until the director opening was approved.

Took the job, moved into the director spot 3 weeks later, and became responsible for managing 8 female managers and indirectly their 30 or so female associates.

For the simple fact that I came in and was "promoted over our heads", I was instantly a target.

Keep in mind this was a social service industry, which is a festering petri dish for the angry & co-dependent. These people could be beyond mean when they wanted to.

It was absolutely miserable. I was... probably 23 or so, and some of these women were in their 50s, and every single one of them acted like a child. The most asinine behavior you can imagine... seriously on par with 4th grade name-calling.

Best thing about it - IU was the boss, so I didn't have to deal with too much (just the stuff behind my back), and the two other people there, the Exec Dir and Pres, were men. To this day I'm still friends with the Exec Dir.

Let me tell you honey just because you have 75846 pictures of Jesus in your cubicle and you talk bible when ever you can, you are not a true Christian if you spend the rest of your day belittling, judging, tattling, and poking your nose into other people business.

It's been my experience that the people who make the biggest deal about being Christians (or Creeeestiyuns, as a lot of them say here in WV) are the biggest haters, fakers, games-players and backstabbers around. It's like being a lady ... if you have to say you are, you aren't. :straight

It's been my experience that the people who make the biggest deal about being Christians (or Creeeestiyuns, as a lot of them say here in WV) are the biggest haters, fakers, games-players and backstabbers around. It's like being a lady ... if you have to say you are, you aren't. :straight
Ain't that the truth!

Mom...

It's been my personal experience that the more someone has to tell me they are xtian, typically that means they are not showing it in their behaviors.

My favorite type of xtian is the type that just PMed me earlier today or maybe yesterday. I LOL'ed in real time. There is a PITA (pain in the ass) atheist here that is making all atheists look bad. She laughed and teased me that the PITA is one of mine vs. one of hers.

Okay, I'm not sure if that came out right, but it was as though she accepts me for who and what I am. She doesn't push her beliefs on me. She understands that after all is done and over we are all people doing our thing in this world. I wouldn't dream of insulting her for her beliefs and she wouldn't dream of insulting me for my lack of belief. We may not understand and relate to one another but that's okay. We don't need to.

We are just two people plugging away in this world doing what we think is right.

Who the heck can't respect that?

When someone has to tell me they are xtian that usually means I can't tell by their behaviors alone.

I don't care if people believe in the tooth fairy. Don't harm others, live your beliefs, and leave me the hell alone. I don't understand why beliefs or lack of beliefs separate us. We are all in this world together and we should be helping and supporting one another. Period.

Mom...

It's been my personal experience that the more someone has to tell me they are xtian, typically that means they are not showing it in their behaviors.

My favorite type of xtian is the type that just PMed me earlier today or maybe yesterday. I LOL'ed in real time. There is a PITA (pain in the ass) atheist here that is making all atheists look bad. She laughed and teased me that the PITA is one of mine vs. one of hers.

Okay, I'm not sure if that came out right, but it was as though she accepts me for who and what I am. She doesn't push her beliefs on me. She understands that after all is done and over we are all people doing our thing in this world. I wouldn't dream of insulting her for her beliefs and she wouldn't dream of insulting me for my lack of belief. We may not understand and relate to one another but that's okay. We don't need to.

We are just two people plugging away in this world doing what we think is right.

Who the heck can't respect that?

When someone has to tell me they are xtian that usually means I can't tell by their behaviors alone.

I don't care if people believe in the tooth fairy. Don't harm others, live your beliefs, and leave me the hell alone. I don't understand why beliefs or lack of beliefs separate us. We are all in this world together and we should be helping and supporting one another. Period.

I think the Shakespearean saying of "methinks (s)he doth protest too much" definitely holds true in regards to religion. Like my mom always says, it's all in how someone acts, not what they say. Someone can howl up and down about how devout they are, and how they are such good [insert faith here]. I just say, "put your money where your mouth is."