Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Fill

I received my first fill today, I had my surgery 6 weeks ago. My DR said she filled it with .8 almost 1cc....Has anyone else had such a small fill...I am on liquids for a day or so and then mushies for another couple of days...It just seems like so little compared to what I am reading....

Well, no. Inamed recommends 2cc for the first fill in a 9.75 band.

Maybe your doc felt pressure when filling and stopped...meaning she met resistance at .8cc and felt you would get restricted with that amount.

Of course, I've heard some others go back, and back again for fills just to even equal 2cc...meaning their doc was ripping them off. I'm sure this is rare.

Just get the handbook out from your band and read up on your fills. You and your doc should be working together to be efficient...gaining restriction w/ minimal fills.

I have the 14cc band and got my first fill today. I had 1cc in the band already, and got a 4cc fill for a total of 5cc's.

I have a 10 cc band and had my first fill today of 5cc's........... I dont feel any different, after a bowl of Soup i was still hungry and Water is going down easily..... the band is not half full and i feel no new restriction i dont think i am normal

hey i got my 1st fill on nov. 13th of this month and i have a 10cc band. my doctor only gave me 2.4cc for my first fill. i am still hungry and i gained 2lbs which i am sorta upset about cuz i have been eating healthy. i am going for my 2nd fill tomorrow though. hopefully she fills it up more than 2.4cc. maybe ur doctor filled it up very to make sure you don't throw up. cuz that what my doctor did, she wanted to make sure i don't throw up cuz 2 weeks after i had the surgery i was still feeling nautious. were you feeling nautious after your surgery?

I received my first fill today, I had my surgery 6 weeks ago. My DR said she filled it with .8 almost 1cc....Has anyone else had such a small fill...I am on liquids for a day or so and then mushies for another couple of days...It just seems like so little compared to what I am reading....

hey i got my 1st fill on nov. 13th of this month and i have a 10cc band. my doctor only gave me 2.4cc for my first fill. i am still hungry and i gained 2lbs which i am sorta upset about cuz i have been eating healthy. i am going for my 2nd fill tomorrow though. hopefully she fills it up more than 2.4cc. maybe ur doctor filled it up very to make sure you don't throw up. cuz that what my doctor did, she wanted to make sure i don't throw up cuz 2 weeks after i had the surgery i was still feeling nautious. were you feeling nautious after your surgery?

This is directly from Allergan/INAMED:

The following are general guidelines for

BioEnterics LAP-BAND System adjustments:

1. The initial adjustment postoperatively

should occur at six weeks or more after

operation and usually 1-2 cc of normal

saline would be added for the 9.75 and 10

cm LAP-BANDs. The initial adjustment

for the 11cm and Vanguard Bands is usually

4cc

2. The patient should be reviewed regularly

(4-6 weekly) and weight and clinical status

measured. If the weight loss has averaged

less than 1lb per week over the period and

the patient indicates there is not excessive

restriction to eating, a further increment of

Fluid should be added (usually 0.3 – 0.5 ml).

3. Where the average weight loss between

visits has been greater than 2 lbs per week,

normally no additional Fluid would be added.

4. If the weight loss averaged between 1 and 2

lbs per week, additional fluid would be

indicated if the patient felt he/she could eat

too freely or found difficulty in complying

with the dietary rules.

5. Fluid would be removed from the system if

there were symptoms of excessive restriction

or obstruction, including excessive

sense of fullness, heartburn, regurgitation

and vomiting. If symptoms are not relieved

by removal of the fluid, barium meal should

be used to evaluate the anatomy.