Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! It is looking like my surgery will be scheduled for April as well! Everything should be submitted to my insurance company for approval by the 23rd of the month!

That’s awesome Paula!! Sending positive vibes your way. My documents are being sent out on Monday. So nervous!!

Hi, joining the April club! My VSG is on April 6th.

I still have my doubts about whether I should go through with it or not, but I just keep reminding myself the small risk of complications is worth a few possible extra years of life. The worst that could happen is I regain the weight. The best that could happen is that it helps me take 'reset' my health and lifestyle.

I encourage you to go through with the surgery but also must advise you that it is still hard work losing weight. The difference is that due to circumstances beyond my control, it took me over two years to get my surgery. I started modifying the way I ate and began to exercise faithfully. In two years I lost 35 pounds with a lot of ups and downs.
Yesterday I had my six month post op with my surgeon and have lost 80 pounds since my surgery.

This isn’t a silver bullet for weight loss. You still have to do the work but it is so much more efficient than seeing the difference encourages you to stay with the diet and exercise and get healthier.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, glannin said:

No sorry I just hang out on here and fb. I do have an Instagram but I really don't use it. Your really not that far from me I am in Michigan. We had some snow this morning and everyone forgot how to drive lol. I am counting down yesterday was exactly 3 months, so I m looking at this like I have 7 more pay checks, 12 weeks before I start the liquid diet part I am so excited. My boss had it done and she looks great.

Yay Michigan! I'm from Michigan! And having surgery April 1st- hopefully my surgeon doesnt have a sense of humor that could get interesting lol

18 minutes ago, Solo4ever said:

Yay Michigan! I'm from Michigan! And having surgery April 1st- hopefully my surgeon doesnt have a sense of humor that could get interesting lol

Hey I know your excited. I ended up having my surgery on March 3rd. Everything went get just relaxing at home. Movement is a bit better. Pain is minimal. Had my first bm very happy. Tolerating food well. Just broth Water water Protein Drink. My recovery is going very well. Couldn't of asked for any better.

12 minutes ago, ImsexyandIknowit said:

Hey I know your excited. I ended up having my surgery on March 3rd. Everything went get just relaxing at home. Movement is a bit better. Pain is minimal. Had my first bm very happy. Tolerating food well. Just broth Water Water Protein Drink. My recovery is going very well. Couldn't of asked for any better.

I am anxious. Seems like it's been forever. I start the gauntlet of all the presurgical and liquid diet class stuff next week. I'm counting days! I'm still nervous and to what to buy to have at home. Everyone keeps saying wait to buy Protein Shakes etc because I might not be able to drink them after surgery. I live alone so I dont have anyone to just send shopping for me after surgery. Kinda stressing. I'm glad your surgery went smooth! 4 days post op! Im jealous! I hope you heal fast!

On 1/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, glannin said:

No sorry I just hang out on here and fb. I do have an Instagram but I really don't use it. Your really not that far from me I am in Michigan. We had some snow this morning and everyone forgot how to drive lol. I am counting down yesterday was exactly 3 months, so I m looking at this like I have 7 more pay checks, 12 weeks before I start the liquid diet part I am so excited. My boss had it done and she looks great.

Welcome all my April surgery mates! I don’t know if I have a preop diet yet. I go to my pre-op class in 2 weeks. I will also get the paper work needed for my medical clearance. So nervous about the insurance approval process. I have a BMI lower than 40 but i do have mild sleep apnea and high blood pressure.

Still waiting on a definitive surgery date in late April, have a couple of items pending with my health insurance including an appeal but I have already prepared myself for “self-pay”. Had my pre-op class last week, very informative. A substantial amount of information was provided during the almost 4-hour session. There were about 7 people in the class and the pre-op and post op meal plans were the most discussed topics. Getting support from others who are in pre/post op WLS was the second most popular topic, this forum was mentioned as a good option for on-line support.

9 hours ago, Solo4ever said:

I am anxious. Seems like it's been forever. I start the gauntlet of all the presurgical and liquid diet class stuff next week. I'm counting days! I'm still nervous and to what to buy to have at home. Everyone keeps saying wait to buy Protein Shakes etc because I might not be able to drink them after surgery. I live alone so I dont have anyone to just send shopping for me after surgery. Kinda stressing. I'm glad your surgery went smooth! 4 days post op! Im jealous! I hope you heal fast!

Hey thank you. I have been lucky cause I've heard and had read about people who cannot tolerate certain foods. I was going to bummed if I was one of them. So far so good stick with a flavor that you like and go for it. When I was leaving the hospital they told me to make sure I drink my Water etc. So I have been home since Thurs so far so good. 🙂

How is everyone feeling??? April is approaching quickly !!

I'm both nervous and really excited to get this done :D What are you guys gonna pack to the hospital?

All I have left is my final nutrition class which is scheduled Monday (16th) and then all my information will be submitted to insurance. Ahhhhhh... It is getting closer. I'm getting a little nervous now!!!

Packing for the hospital... Comfy clothes (I live 3 hours from where I'll be having surgery), phone charger, lotion (hospitals dry me out), body/facial wipes, deodorant/body spray, hairbrush, tooth brush/paste, dry Shampoo, and hair tie.

I’m bringing a pillow for the car ride, toiletries, my fave pjs, lip balm,
Comfy slip on shoes for the walk around the hospital to help with the gas and all I need to keep my phone charged.

I live 3 hours from my surgeon and the hospital too. I went up the day before my surgery and spent the night at a hotel and am glad I did as I had to be at the hospital at 5 am (I am not a morning person).
I decided not to chance the long drive home so I spent the night after I was discharged at the hotel too.
But from your picture you are much younger than me so you may not require all the recuperating time I thought I would need. I could have easily made the trip home after I was discharged. My surgery was in Las Vegas and it gave my hubby time to play a little while I slept and rested.

Good luck with your surgery.