Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone and congrats to everyone enduring this process!! We are all brave and strong!

I am feeling some anxiety surrounding the Insurance process. I know it will all work out as I am confident in my Bariatric program and their efforts. I am looking forward to having much more confidence during the holiday 2020 season! I loooove Christmas :) I also want to be able to fit into my old clothes which I never tossed away. Most of all, I want to get back into running which helps so much with my anxiety.

8 hours ago, glannin said:

Hello,

I am so glad to hear April is you month. May date is the 7th of April 4 days after my 56th birthday. Happy Birthday to me...This is my gift to myself. I can not wait. I am in Michigan started the journey in May of 2019. Due to my insurance I had to go 6 months in a row with missing any appointments. on my last appointment I gained some weight so they gave me another month, to make sure I was living the bariatric life style...so I did good in November lost 11 lbs. my next goal was to stop smoking which I did (happy dance) and now I have to be 3 months smoke free, hence my date in April. I am very excited to do this I am dragging along so uncomfortably right now... let's do this!!!!!

Such an awesome birthday gift !! Which procedure are you looking into ??

16 hours ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

Such an awesome birthday gift !! Which procedure are you looking into ??

I am getting the Sleeve. I am so excited I can not wait....

Hello ladies! Welcome!

This is a great site, full of all kinds of useful information, awesome people and lots of support! I started trawling in here over summer last year when I first started the process. Now, I've got one more nutrition (NUT) visit and then my nurse practitioner reviews my case to send forward to surgery. That's the next thing I'm worried about. Have I dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's"?

I'm thinking I'm going to have an April date too, so I'm really happy to meet you! I have a great team here in Virginia, and while it took a little while for my husband to come around to the idea, he is now supportive. Now that it's the New Year, I'm excited to be getting closer. Work has been all kinds of crazy so my efforts have been a bit haphazard and I've not gotten in the 5 small meals a day they want a lot of the time because I forget to eat. Or I had planned to eat at such and such time, but forgot to stop drinking and so had to wait until it was 30 minutes. So much to remember!

It is a very exciting journey and I'm very grateful to be on it. I haven't had time to be on the site recently (again because of work) but I can already feel my motivation and excitement coming back just reading this thread. Thank you and I look forward to getting to know you!

33 minutes ago, Machalo said:

Hello ladies! Welcome!

This is a great site, full of all kinds of useful information, awesome people and lots of support! I started trawling in here over summer last year when I first started the process. Now, I've got one more nutrition (NUT) visit and then my nurse practitioner reviews my case to send forward to surgery. That's the next thing I'm worried about. Have I dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's"?

I'm thinking I'm going to have an April date too, so I'm really happy to meet you! I have a great team here in Virginia, and while it took a little while for my husband to come around to the idea, he is now supportive. Now that it's the New Year, I'm excited to be getting closer. Work has been all kinds of crazy so my efforts have been a bit haphazard and I've not gotten in the 5 small meals a day they want a lot of the time because I forget to eat. Or I had planned to eat at such and such time, but forgot to stop drinking and so had to wait until it was 30 minutes. So much to remember!

It is a very exciting journey and I'm very grateful to be on it. I haven't had time to be on the site recently (again because of work) but I can already feel my motivation and excitement coming back just reading this thread. Thank you and I look forward to getting to know you!

Well Hello and welcome to the club...I already printed a calendar and stared my count down...I am so excited now

time to really work some stuff before that date comes flying around the corner lol

52 minutes ago, Machalo said:

Hello ladies! Welcome!

Hi! It's sooo nice to meet you! I'm not as far in the process as you are, but time is winding down. This site is definitely motivating and can help this process, it's honestly what's been keeping my anxiety down (reading about others success). Hopefully we both will have April dates!

Good morning Michigan April 2020 surgery's

How is everyone doing?

15 minutes ago, glannin said:

Good morning Michigan April 2020 surgery's

How is everyone doing?

Hey! (even though i'm in Wisconsin) lol. I'm good! I've finally become a tad less anxious about this whole ordeal, but it is SO exciting. How are you?

17 minutes ago, danielleleigh90 said:

Hey! (even though i'm in Wisconsin) lol. I'm good! I've finally become a tad less anxious about this whole ordeal, but it is SO exciting. How are you?

I am doing good

I made a calendar to count down my days

I am getting very excited 🙂

3 hours ago, glannin said:

I am doing good

I made a calendar to count down my days

I am getting very excited 🙂

I know you have to be excited, I soooo cannot wait until I can have my final countdown.

Surgery twins now that I have a New Surgery Date!! 🙏🏼😀

Well I went to my follow 2 week Post Op today..it was suppose to be a revision but could only remove the Lapband due to scar tissue...
I walked in the office today and the Surgeon says he was “so sorry he couldn’t do both surgeries at same time.”
“How does April 7th sound for your gastric bypass?”
YES!
Hell YES!
Let’s get this done already😂

Hope everyone is doing well!! Congrats on getting them surgery days!!!

I finally received approval from my insurance to see my surgeon under my new health plan. I’ve lost 6lbs since January 1st. I hope to continue this trend 💪🏽 I’m soooo excited for April.

Believe it or not, because my employer kept changing insurance carriers; it took me five years to get my surgery. I finally got it once my Medicare kicked in and I was retired. Then it took nearly a year because of an incompetent employee of my surgical team. In the two years prior to my surgery I lost 35 pounds on my own. In the five months since my surgery, I have lost 63 pounds.
My surgeon performed 5 surgeries on the day I received mine and I was the first due to my age (remember I said I was on Medicare?) and he has been astounded at how successful I have been. Of the five patients I have had the fewest post surgical issues and have lost the most weight. He attributed it to my exercise routine and food diary that I have been keeping in my Fitbit app. I strongly recommend a good exercise tracker and food diary.

Hello. How is everyone doing? My surgery has changed from 4/16 to 4/9. as of today, I am scheduled for RNY but my gut keeps telling me to go for the DS. Ahh decisions.

I've lost 17 lbs since 1/1/2020. However, I was told to stop because my BMI is on the lower end (pros of being tall). I do have sleep apnea and hypertension .

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

My surgery date is April 8th. I started the process last May. I just got my approval yesterday. 53 days and counting! I don’t mind waiting because now that I know for sure it’s happening I have time to get in the right headspace.