Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving over here Now!



Recommended Posts

Ok first day of Maintenance Going from 500 calories a day up to at least 1200 - Think i got this but looking forward to ready this whole area now,

If this side of the fence is nearly as helpful as the pre side Looking forward to it

AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that's a huge jump. I think you should taper up over the course of a couple months, adding 100-150 cals every 2 weeks or so. Just my opinion. Congrats on the goal weight though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, lvidacovich said:

Wow, that's a huge jump. I think you should taper up over the course of a couple months, adding 100-150 cals every 2 weeks or so. Just my opinion. Congrats on the goal weight though!

@AJ Tylo :

^^ Yeah, agree with above poster.

I also tried to do a big jump (form 600 to 1000) and the sudden increase in calories made me feel ugh and stuffed. So I went back down again and slowly increased by 100-150 cals every week, which felt better. But then again, you are a dude and a bit bigger than me, so it may not affect you as much...

P.S. I'm 6+ months into maintenance now and average maybe 1800-2000 normally.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll navigate maintenance as well and self-assuredly as you did weight-loss.

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have no clue - I doubt i am going to be able to even eat close to that but No more weight loss - Just ordered a Jug of MRE powder to help -

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED BUT WILL FIGURE IT OUT TODAY - MEETING WITH NUTRIONSHIST TODAY AT 2:00 SO SHOULD HAVE A PLAN - for what she charges me better work.

yea good feeling hitting it Never would have believed this could have been done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on hitting your goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes - you need to do it slowly. I increased by about 100 calories/day every week or two until I hit my sweet spot (where I was maintaining - not losing or gaining).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to make slower incremental jumps in calories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

I actually have no clue - I doubt i am going to be able to even eat close to that but No more weight loss - Just ordered a Jug of MRE powder to help -

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED BUT WILL FIGURE IT OUT TODAY - MEETING WITH NUTRIONSHIST TODAY AT 2:00 SO SHOULD HAVE A PLAN - for what she charges me better work.

yea good feeling hitting it Never would have believed this could have been done

What is your goal weight you've hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

245 From 377 since July -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like a huge jump to me anyway may want to slowly add can you eat almost triple ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@AJ Tylo :

^^ Yeah, agree with above poster.

I also tried to do a big jump (form 600 to 1000) and the sudden increase in calories made me feel ugh and stuffed. So I went back down again and slowly increased by 100-150 cals every week, which felt better. But then again, you are a dude and a bit bigger than me, so it may not affect you as much...

P.S. I'm 6+ months into maintenance now and average maybe 1800-2000 normally.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll navigate maintenance as well and self-assuredly as you did weight-loss.

I am so curious, and you might not know why, but why do you think it is in weightless mode you can be at 500 cals a day but not gain anything at 1800-2000 a day? I would gain weight at 1800 a day and Im trying to understand how that works since the less you weight the less calories you should be able to tolerate to even maintain, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

I am so curious, and you might not know why, but why do you think it is in weightless mode you can be at 500 cals a day but not gain anything at 1800-2000 a day? I would gain weight at 1800 a day and Im trying to understand how that works since the less you weight the less calories you should be able to tolerate to even maintain, right?

I have no idea the why's, but I also maintain at around the 2000 calorie level.

One theory is WLS is metabolic surgery, and it revs up your metabolism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Ok first day of Maintenance Going from 500 calories a day up to at least 1200 - Think i got this but looking forward to ready this whole area now,

If this side of the fence is nearly as helpful as the pre side Looking forward to it

AJ

Congrats on your amazing success! You should feel so proud!

I'm more curious about why you feel it's ok to stop in Obese mode after going to the extremes you've gone to during WLM? You've been very gung ho about sticking to mostly liquids and keeping cals at the 500/daily level. And you are clearly still losing well...so why stop at 30BMI in the obese range?

I take this from 2 sources: Rush.edu (a very noteworthy Chicago institution) and from Cancer.org. I know BMI charts aren't totes accurate but they are within pounds of accuracy unless you are Andre the Giant...not football fields of accuracy such as 45-50lbs...

In my observation, people who are not yet at true goal and who start upping cals to stop weight loss rarely end up reaching a normal weight and then tend to regain. Let your body tell you where normal is for your 6'3" frame. You will know cuz weight loss will taper off to a very slow downward trend line. When that happens you decide is that maintenance for you or do you want more off...

image.thumb.png.f8b09cb99d74e41ed5004b48e5042c7e.png

image.thumb.png.4bbff59e3a29c358b55939558a4dbe5c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I have no idea the why's, but I also maintain at around the 2000 calorie level.

One theory is WLS is metabolic surgery, and it revs up your metabolism.

Lucky....gah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

I am so curious, and you might not know why, but why do you think it is in weightless mode you can be at 500 cals a day but not gain anything at 1800-2000 a day?

You maintain your weight when you meet your TDEE. Your TDEE depends on quite a lot of things, e. g. age, gender, activity level, past dieting attempts etc.

For the sleeve people... yeah, maybe it is the metabolism thing sillykitty already mentioned. For the bypass people there is also the mechanism of malabsorption on top.

However, quite a few patients complain that they start gaining on 1800-2000 kcal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×