Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel so stupid right now....

It will take getting used to never eating like you used to.... I used to scoff down like 3 fully stacked burgers with the lot In record time...

The other day I tried to just eat one tiny little patty of 1-2oz size and after a few bites I was done!

Sometimes it can be an issue mentally adjusting to this new way of life... But you have to remember the reason why you got this surgery and to keep focused!

Whenever you find yourself "literally sitting" it is time to get up and move! [emoji4] Makes you feel so much better.
I was sort of down yesterday and feeling stressed. Decided to go for a bike ride and I felt soooo good once I was doing it and then much more empowered afterward. "literally sitting" is a bad place to be. It is depressing, inward looking, unmotivating, and really sets one up for emotional eating. Getting some blood circulation to the brain and releasing some endorphins is a much better place!
But she is only 3 days out, so she's still recuperating. I'm 3 days out today and can't do much more than lie in bed. A bike ride is a dream for future days!

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, catchthewind said:

But she is only 3 days out, so she's still recuperating. I'm 3 days out today and can't do much more than lie in bed. A bike ride is a dream for future days!

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

She was 3 days out...at 3 days out barring complications you should be walking as much and often as possible. When feeling that way get up walk do ur spirometer or deep breathing!!!

Yes fairly normal. 10 days out and HUNGRY ! lol Think I'll have some Soup.
I had my surgery done December 17th and I'm so freaking irritated annoyed by everyone in my house eating normally for me I've been watching videos of people eating is sickening and I'm trying to fight it

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm looking at a wonderful Ribeye Roast . Last year I would have carved off a thick 12 oz slab. Tonight I nervously had 2 oz pureed. + 2 oz sweetpotato slowly over 1 hour. I just hit the - 100 lb mark this morning ! SO WORTH IT ! Hang in there . Marry Christmas !

My nutritionist told me that obese people tend to live to eat while healthy people eat to live. What you are feeling is a normal reaction to a huge change in your life in a relatively short time. There’s going to be a period of adjustment.
I know for myself, I used to love good food and often didn’t know when to stop. Since my surgery, my pleasure in the taste of good has diminished and I realized that I was no longer living to eat.
I was terrified of putting on weight over the holidays but even though I felt that I had splurged I did not put on an ounce for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. For the first time in my life, I feel in control of my eating habits. I am only half way to my goal weight but I am feeling so optimistic.
The high point from Christmas was my younger daughter said, “Mom, that’s the first time I have ever seen you sit with one leg crossed over the other!”

1 hour ago, bethow said:

My nutritionist told me that obese people tend to live to eat while healthy people eat to live.

Lol, some assumption. I guess I don't know too many healthy people.

My nutritionist told me that obese people tend to live to eat while healthy people eat to live. What you are feeling is a normal reaction to a huge change in your life in a relatively short time. There’s going to be a period of adjustment.
I know for myself, I used to love good food and often didn’t know when to stop. Since my surgery, my pleasure in the taste of good has diminished and I realized that I was no longer living to eat.
I was terrified of putting on weight over the holidays but even though I felt that I had splurged I did not put on an ounce for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. For the first time in my life, I feel in control of my eating habits. I am only half way to my goal weight but I am feeling so optimistic.
The high point from Christmas was my younger daughter said, “Mom, that’s the first time I have ever seen you sit with one leg crossed over the other!”
I am only in soft foods but I am still a foodie and present that whole eat to live/live to eat dichotomy. I HAVE found that I am spending more time analyzing flavors and textures than I was before, which made my chrismas dinner really interesting, and still 100% satisfying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I got my surgery 8/12/19 it felt like one the worst decision I ever made right after the surgery. My neighbor got the same surgery 6 months before I did and she was down almost 100 lbs and the one thing she told me was keep telling yourself “it gets better.” For the first two months I just kept talking myself that and it did get better. I just made it through most of the holidays and I’m down 80 lbs from my surgery weight in over 4 months. Does it suck not to be able to eat all the food I want, of course it does but then I remember I did this so I wouldn’t eat all the food I used to. My Dad reminded me that I used to eat a whole plate of food, use the restroom and have another plate and it made me kinda sick that that’s the way I used to eat. Today I went buy some new clothes (I’m 36 almost 37) and I haven’t worn a size 40 men’s since I was a freshman in HS. Just keep telling yourself “It gets better”

15 minutes ago, Daveyboy83 said:

I got my surgery 8/12/19 it felt like one the worst decision I ever made right after the surgery. My neighbor got the same surgery 6 months before I did and she was down almost 100 lbs and the one thing she told me was keep telling yourself “it gets better.” For the first two months I just kept talking myself that and it did get better. I just made it through most of the holidays and I’m down 80 lbs from my surgery weight in over 4 months. Does it suck not to be able to eat all the food I want, of course it does but then I remember I did this so I wouldn’t eat all the food I used to. My Dad reminded me that I used to eat a whole plate of food, use the restroom and have another plate and it made me kinda sick that that’s the way I used to eat. Today I went buy some new clothes (I’m 36 almost 37) and I haven’t worn a size 40 men’s since I was a freshman in HS. Just keep telling yourself “It gets better”

Totally understand. I'm 35. I used to eat enough for 4ppl and go to buffets and eat until I was sick.

Now my food bill is 1/4 of what it used to be.

I can buy clothes in normal shops.

People actually smile at me rather than laugh or point.

I feel so much more alive and I'm 4 months out and 114lbs gone.

Have been following my plan 110% never gone off track not once.

Should be at goal by 6 month mark and fitter and healthier at 35 than I've been on my entire adult life :)

possibly extended my life by 20 years!!!