Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration with bariatric team



Recommended Posts

I completed my requirements on 11/4 and they didn't start reviewing my chart until 11/22. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. I have contacted them twice and they just tell me there isn't any update. So I asked my patient coordinator how long a review typically takes and she said that there isn't a time limit. -_-

Right now, I am dying to get a job. I currently stay home with my 2 year old and I want to get a job, obviously for money but two things are hindering it: 1) I have no set date until my insurance approves (medicaid). 2) I have horrible joint pain and back spasms so I would need an office job of some sort. Part of me wants to just wait it out but I am annoyed because this whole process is making me want to improve every aspect of my life but I can't get a job due to no set surgery date. I don't want to get a job, only to quit in a month or so.

Any pointers? I am so aggravated and needed to rant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

Edited by Billy Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danielleh said:

I completed my requirements on 11/4 and they didn't start reviewing my chart until 11/22. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. I have contacted them twice and they just tell me there isn't any update. So I asked my patient coordinator how long a review typically takes and she said that there isn't a time limit. -_-

Right now, I am dying to get a job. I currently stay home with my 2 year old and I want to get a job, obviously for money but two things are hindering it: 1) I have no set date until my insurance approves (medicaid). 2) I have horrible joint pain and back spasms so I would need an office job of some sort. Part of me wants to just wait it out but I am annoyed because this whole process is making me want to improve every aspect of my life but I can't get a job due to no set surgery date. I don't want to get a job, only to quit in a month or so.

Any pointers? I am so aggravated and needed to rant!

*Try* to be patient, the approval wait time is a very hard purgatorial period. Trust that since review has begun and you have piped up/asked questions you will not be forgotten. Check in again before the end of the year to make sure you don't slip through the cracks but Nov/Dec are hard months for progress with the holidays.

Good Luck :780_sparkling_heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Try* to be patient, the approval wait time is a very hard purgatorial period. Trust that since review has begun and you have piped up/asked questions you will not be forgotten. Check in again before the end of the year to make sure you don't slip through the cracks but Nov/Dec are hard months for progress with the holidays.
Good Luck :780_sparkling_heart:
I'm trying my hardest to be patient! I'm just so eager to get healthy and get a stable and secure job. I'll definitely check in before the new year. I feel like since I'm using Medicaid and not a private insurance/employer insurance that they're taking their time since I don't have to worry about deductibles and such!

Thanks! [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you failed the psychologist evaluation . They use that to deny Medicaid patients when you pass every other test all the time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you failed the psychologist evaluation . They use that to deny Medicaid patients when you pass every other test all the time..

I passed it. The psych that my surgeon uses, tells you after your eval if you passed or not. It's just taking them forever to review my chart. We haven't sent it to my Medicaid yet because the team has to approve it to make sure I'm surgery ready, then they send it to my insurance to get approval for surgery. I think it's taking a while due to it being the holidays.

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start being a squeaky wheel. Call your team daily. Maybe even nicely let them know that you are getting annoyed having your life put on hold like this.

Seriously call daily for update. Hopefully they will process you just to stop the calls. You are paying for their service so they work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is. Medicaid holding things up, maybe you need to call them. Ask them if there is anything that they lack in order to get you approved.

Edited by Losingit2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danielleh said:

I'm trying my hardest to be patient! I'm just so eager to get healthy and get a stable and secure job. I'll definitely check in before the new year. I feel like since I'm using Medicaid and not a private insurance/employer insurance that they're taking their time since I don't have to worry about deductibles and such!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

No probably not. I swear this period of time is a black hole- just check back often. It will happen 💚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a message today from the nurse at my surgeon's office saying she was reviewing my labs and saw that my B12 is low. So at least I know they're reviewing my chart! They may be slowing reviewing it, but that's the first update in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed I hear something later this week!

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danielleh said:

I got a message today from the nurse at my surgeon's office saying she was reviewing my labs and saw that my B12 is low. So at least I know they're reviewing my chart! They may be slowing reviewing it, but that's the first update in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed I hear something later this week!

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

You got this !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bugged my insurance almost on the daily after my surgeons office told me they submitted paper work. I was at work and was going to call on my break when my surgeons office called and told me I was approved, it took about 10 days if I recall. I had a very specific timeline I needed to follow and was able to get in on the date I was dead set on in my head even when I thought it wouldn't happen. Keep your head up, it'll all work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: She called me yesterday because she was about to submit it to my insurance when she realized I needed to do a video session with the dietitian because it was recommended during my psyc eval but for some reason, it was never set up for me to do. So I did that quickly yesterday! The dietitian is excited to work with me and thinks I will do great with the surgery. So now I am just waiting on my patient coordinator to receive the information from my dietitian before she can submit it to my insurance! Fingers crossed that it will be today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Danielleh said:

Update: She called me yesterday because she was about to submit it to my insurance when she realized I needed to do a video session with the dietitian because it was recommended during my psyc eval but for some reason, it was never set up for me to do. So I did that quickly yesterday! The dietitian is excited to work with me and thinks I will do great with the surgery. So now I am just waiting on my patient coordinator to receive the information from my dietitian before she can submit it to my insurance! Fingers crossed that it will be today!

Soon, verry soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tabatha529

      I went to my first of 12 education classes yesterday.  We have a great group of 11 people who will be learning together.  So excited!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CaptMarvelfangirl

      Just joined the forums and am in the process of completing the requirements in order to get my surgery date. Going for gastric sleeve. Nervous, excited, frantic...LOL. Wishing the day would just get here!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Tabatha529

        You are doing this for YOU not anyone else!! Do not worry about what others think, it is how you think and feel about yourself that counts.

    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×