Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op nausea

Why do i still feel so ill. I have awful nausea even on meds for it and my tummy just seems to be in hyper gurgling mode & feels empty.

I am not enjoying food when i can eat and am on very low cals.

Most days around the 300 cal mark, not getting close to my 80g Protein and my hair is vacating my head.

I've spoken to the bariatric nurse but not very helpful and can't give me a ball park figure for how long the nausea will last. So over it because i just can't function as a normal human being because i have to lie down so much!

Bonus is that my weight loss has been steady and i am almost in the healthy weight range

Any others have nausea issues?

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I can't answer your questions... but just wanted to say I am sad you are having this, after all the other complications you had I hoped for you it would be a nice easy journey from there. Sending you positive vibes and hoping you can resolve these issues soon.

Instead of speaking with the nurse, have you tried seeing your doctor? Maybe he or she can prescribe you something different for your nausea. Hope you get better soon as I know how you feel.

Try a does of Sea Sick pills - I am the same time as you and it fires up about every two weeks. In fact today is one of those days where i feel light headed and sick. I have found if i take a ginger stick or a Bonnien Motion sickness pill It levels it out.

No clue why the ginger works but a ginger stick works also, Just suck on it for 5 minutes and for some reason it goes away,

It has slowly became less and less of a issue, hopeful it will go away for good for both of us.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:04 PM, LadyVS said:

Instead of speaking with the nurse, have you tried seeing your doctor? Maybe he or she can prescribe you something different for your nausea. Hope you get better soon as I know how you feel.

I was given another type of anti-emetic which works well but is contraindicated with another med I am on and need as it can cause serotonin syndrome :rolleyes: But I am tachycardic-resting pulse is 110 and bp is still high even after weight loss.... sigh.

Spoke to my team and they think I have something else going on and that it isn't actually surgery related. So frustrating, so off to see my Gp today, as most days I am feeling like death warmed up and am clutching a plastic shopping bag 24/7 in case I need to vomit as it comes on really fast. Standing up is awful too and I just want to sit/lie down as soon as I stand up. :wacko: I'm also getting worse rather than better.

Weight loss is great but I feel too ill to get dressed and feel good about it! pah! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that my Gp has some ideas of what is happening!

On 11/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, AJ Tylo said:

Try a does of Sea Sick pills - I am the same time as you and it fires up about every two weeks. In fact today is one of those days where i feel light headed and sick. I have found if i take a ginger stick or a Bonnien Motion sickness pill It levels it out.

No clue why the ginger works but a ginger stick works also, Just suck on it for 5 minutes and for some reason it goes away,

It has slowly became less and less of a issue, hopeful it will go away for good for both of us.

I have tried travel sickness pills and unfortunately, they don't help, I feel like this 24/7, no break at all. Ginger doesn't help me either. I have tried eating Protein when I wake, not eating when I wake, Soup only etc I have even weaned myself off my pain medication wondering if that was the cause but no luck.

1 hour ago, Bastian said:

I was given another type of anti-emetic which works well but is contraindicated with another med I am on and need as it can cause serotonin syndrome :rolleyes: But I am tachycardic-resting pulse is 110 and bp is still high even after weight loss.... sigh.

Spoke to my team and they think I have something else going on and that it isn't actually surgery related. So frustrating, so off to see my Gp today, as most days I am feeling like death warmed up and am clutching a plastic shopping bag 24/7 in case I need to vomit as it comes on really fast. Standing up is awful too and I just want to sit/lie down as soon as I stand up. :wacko: I'm also getting worse rather than better.

Weight loss is great but I feel too ill to get dressed and feel good about it! pah! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that my Gp has some ideas of what is happening!

:100_pray: all goes well for you.

So went back to my Gp and got sent straight to hospital because I was tachycardic, which has been an ongoing problem anyway after staying in and lots of bloods being done, they think I have PoTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) so have been started on a cardiac drug and have to go for more tests for a definitive diagnosis. It could well be the cause of the nausea so I guess I shall just have to wait and see!

On 12/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, Bastian said:

So went back to my Gp and got sent straight to hospital because I was tachycardic, which has been an ongoing problem anyway after staying in and lots of bloods being done, they think I have PoTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) so have been started on a cardiac drug and have to go for more tests for a definitive diagnosis. It could well be the cause of the nausea so I guess I shall just have to wait and see!

Fingers crossed it can get resolved for you soon, it must be awful feeling like that constantly.

Do keep us informed 🤗

Just now, DaisyChainOz said:

Fingers crossed it can get resolved for you soon, it must be awful feeling like that constantly.

Do keep us informed 🤗

Thanks, my darling, :780_sparkling_heart:yes it sucks. I have been so unwell I am going for a week plus not getting out of my pj's even.

My weight loss has been fab and I feel too unwell to revel in it you know? I bought a sewing machine so I could upcycle most of my clothes but can't even attempt any resizing/cutting/sewing grrrr

The waiting list for the test is a couple of months, so I am hoping the meds at least get me feeling well enough that I can get dressed and even go to the shops now and then, or even just feel well enough to stand and cook for the family. ;)

4 hours ago, Bastian said:

Thanks, my darling, :780_sparkling_heart:yes it sucks. I have been so unwell I am going for a week plus not getting out of my pj's even.

My weight loss has been fab and I feel too unwell to revel in it you know? I bought a sewing machine so I could upcycle most of my clothes but can't even attempt any resizing/cutting/sewing grrrr

The waiting list for the test is a couple of months, so I am hoping the meds at least get me feeling well enough that I can get dressed and even go to the shops now and then, or even just feel well enough to stand and cook for the family. ;)

Wowsers babe, I am sure it does suck the life out of the universe, but sounds like your medical team are onto it, so stay strong!

Awesome re the weight loss, and aren't you clever to be able to alter your own clothes!! haha.. not something I would attempt having zero talent with sewing lol, but great idea and you will get to it when you can. Right now you need to get well and stay positive :)

I wonder if the surgery triggered this or if it was going to come on now anyway?

10 hours ago, DaisyChainOz said:

Wowsers babe, I am sure it does suck the life out of the universe, but sounds like your medical team are onto it, so stay strong!

Awesome re the weight loss, and aren't you clever to be able to alter your own clothes!! haha.. not something I would attempt having zero talent with sewing lol, but great idea and you will get to it when you can. Right now you need to get well and stay positive :)

I wonder if the surgery triggered this or if it was going to come on now anyway?

Well, I definitely had these symptoms pre-op but only a couple of days a week and it is common for trauma such as operations to make it worse, something to do with the autonomic system... So it seems likely. Having a pretty good day today, I showered and am eating a quick curry I made AND my blood pressure and pulse were much better than usual so quietly excited the meds are starting to work :D

11 hours ago, Bastian said:

Well, I definitely had these symptoms pre-op but only a couple of days a week and it is common for trauma such as operations to make it worse, something to do with the autonomic system... So it seems likely. Having a pretty good day today, I showered and am eating a quick curry I made AND my blood pressure and pulse were much better than usual so quietly excited the meds are starting to work :D

So glad to hear you are having a better day today! Woohoo :D

Well let's hope it is the new meds, and fingies crossed it keeps on improving!

Sheez girl, 35kg in 3 months is amazing, you deffo want to be able to enjoy that :D