Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Day! and beyond: Part 2



Recommended Posts

I'm so happy you're doing well. I'm not going to lie though. The thought of pit staples just made the hair stand up on my arms and I might have just died a little inside.
It's definitely weird to look at. I've never had staples before so I hope they don't hurt coming out. =/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

anyone considering an arm lift or had one recently should buy this BRABIC Upper Arm Shaper Post Surgical Slimmer Compression Sleeves Humpback Posture Corrector Tops Shapewear for Women (Beige, S) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2TWL6F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2Wz3DbE7DE8XR

I got two separate arms that hooked in the back that were crap. This is so much better and looks like a sleek off shoulder blouse. lol. And compresses the pits.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the tip! So you got the small? What size shirt do you wear? (want to gauge what size I would fall under...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip! So you got the small? What size shirt do you wear? (want to gauge what size I would fall under...)
I wear a size 4 or so. I would go based on bicep circumference since you want to ensure you have good compression. This thing is amazing though. My surgeon asked the brand because he liked it so much they may switch to it.


Update:
got mah toobs out and the surgeon said it looked just like the rice noodles he had last night. i love him. lmao. also got the stitches off my belly button so hopefully that stays attached.... monday i go get my pit-staples out. then one more followup and i am done until my 6 month.

gunna max chillax today so i can maybe do a thing this weekend. it's legit been only 8 days since surgery wtffffff. it feels like forever!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I wear a size 4 or so. I would go based on bicep circumference since you want to ensure you have good compression. This thing is amazing though. My surgeon asked the brand because he liked it so much they may switch to it.


Update:
got mah toobs out and the surgeon said it looked just like the rice noodles he had last night. i love him. lmao. also got the stitches off my belly button so hopefully that stays attached.... monday i go get my pit-staples out. then one more followup and i am done until my 6 month.

gunna max chillax today so i can maybe do a thing this weekend. it's legit been only 8 days since surgery wtffffff. it feels like forever!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Seriously, I am really hoping my recovery is like yours! I had already written off any New Years' Eve partying this year due it falling so soon after surgery, but if I can come out 2 weeks later like you did in just 8 days...I think I may have to start shopping for some party clothes now, just in case 😎

P.S. thanks for the compression garment tip, again. I think I am going to order a few different brands cuz based on the size charts, I am not convinced this will fit properly on me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 8 pics. No drains! Woohoo! Look. I have a bicep. lmao.

I think I may order a third set of arm garments. The hospital ones I am never wearing again and the ones I just got stank so quickly. 20191127_190347.jpeg 20191127_190300.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres better pics for comparison. 20191127_191849.jpeg Collage%202019-11-27%2019_16_43.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2019 at 3:17 AM, mousecat88 said:

Today is the day! Leaving at 5am for a 6am arrival. Surgery scheduled at 7:30! I am the first and only patient of his of the day. I'll post frequent updates and all post-op everything here! I have my recliner bed all set up, my Percocet, Keflex, and Celebrex near the "bed". I have given the cats a stern warning about jumping on me. I've done all I can. Wish me luck!

#abdominoplasty #brachioplasty 20191119_041408.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats and speedy recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Mousecat!!!!!! Already looks amazing![emoji108][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my pit staples out today. One was bent so that was pinchy. I have some separation at my belly button but it's internal so the scar won't be visible. It isn't infected... just where they reattached it on one of the four spots pulled away a bit so it's a little thicker scar. Need to coat with Aquaphor and gauze for a little while.

Other than that, all is awesome. I went clubbing Saturday and danced for 3 hours - no pain. I told the surgeon and he just laughed and said moving is great just don't do it if it swells or hurts... but nothing about this has hurt. Great experience so far!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

Got my pit staples out today. One was bent so that was pinchy. I have some separation at my belly button but it's internal so the scar won't be visible. It isn't infected... just where they reattached it on one of the four spots pulled away a bit so it's a little thicker scar. Need to coat with Aquaphor and gauze for a little while.

Other than that, all is awesome. I went clubbing Saturday and danced for 3 hours - no pain. I told the surgeon and he just laughed and said moving is great just don't do it if it swells or hurts... but nothing about this has hurt. Great experience so far!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

That is amazing. Glad you're recovery is so easy so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I went clubbing Saturday and danced for 3 hours - no pain.

what the...?!?

That's it. I'm gonna go plan to go out for New Years, dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got the staples out. but how do i shave my pits..... lmao. it's wintertime so i guess it's okay. 20191203_102616.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...you are healing really nicely. The part of the incision closer to your elbow is already fading! It's been like a week!

P.S. Your arm is tiny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing really nicely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2019 at 1:44 PM, mousecat88 said:

anyone considering an arm lift or had one recently should buy this BRABIC Upper Arm Shaper Post Surgical Slimmer Compression Sleeves Humpback Posture Corrector Tops Shapewear for Women (Beige, S) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2TWL6F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2Wz3DbE7DE8XR

I got two separate arms that hooked in the back that were crap. This is so much better and looks like a sleek off shoulder blouse. lol. And compresses the pits.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

@mousecat88 thanks for the tips! I'm having my extended arm lift on the 16th so this is very helpful.

@ms.sss remind me, which surgery stress you having and when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

    • Tabatha529

      Hello,  I am brand new on here. 
      The doctor qualified me yesterday for the surgery, so now I have to take 12 weeks of education classes and then he said they will schedule the surgery 4-6 weeks after I complete the classes. 
      I am excited to start this new journey.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Anki

      Am at the half-way mark of the six month pre-op program.  So excited!  Got clearance from psychologist this morning, so I scheduled my surgery consult for early March.  It is becoming more real now.  Have lost 18 pounds so far, since I began this journey on 12/18/19.  
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×