Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleeves

22 minutes ago, aelgin7779 said:

@fit.kelz I had mine Christmas Eve too! I'm on Clear Liquids until hopefully Monday when I see the dietitian again but I'm struggling too. I'm so sick of shakes too and all broth/ramen flavored water make me gag now. I've done well physically so far but yesterday the nausea started getting bad to where I'm having to fight to keep anything down even with zofran. I have really bad heartburn too but they say that's normal. I really hope to be released to pureed food Monday because the liquid is going to get the best of me soon.

hi surgery twin! ugh i'm so sorry you're not feeling well. my doctor said no to early puree so i'm still on that liquid train with you. :( hopefully we are almost out of the woods.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, eporter said:

Hope you’re feeling better! Gatorade zero really healed me with dehydration. I not liking any of the Protein Drinks, just gonna get plain Protein Powder to add to my drinks and foods

I am feeling much better, getting more Water down every day. My favorite Protein Drinks are the Isopure Zero Carbs. Love those, they taste like punch, koolaid lemonaid anything but a Protein Shake. Clear liquid, not that milky Protein Drink task. The Premier Protein drinks, I can handle the chocolate and the peaches and cream. Normally I don't like peaches as much as other fruits but that flavor drink is good. My favorite is their new cafe latte flavor. It's kind of like a starbucks brownie frappacino without the whipped cream and chocolate.

How are you doing?

7 hours ago, fit.kelz said:

hi all! had my surgery christmas eve and currently sitting in the waiting room for my first post-op appointment. feeling great but REALLY struggling with the liquid diet, i’m getting everything in without difficulty i’m just so over ten days of this that i’m actually getting really depressed and anxious. i had no idea this would be the hardest part, it’s not even that i’m hungry or crave anything i just hate the taste of these Protein Drinks and they’re so artificial that i hate the idea of investing them. i’m hoping i’ve been doing well enough that maybe my doc will let me start purée early so i can get Protein through real nutrients, fingers crossed.

my first post here so i look forward to posting more and hearing about all your journeys as i embark on mine. happy new year!

Happy New Year to you! I have my post op follow up on the 8th and I can't wait to see how much I have lost. I hope I have lost. I am sure following this dreadful liquid diet faithfully!

13 hours ago, fit.kelz said:

hi surgery twin! ugh i'm so sorry you're not feeling well. my doctor said no to early puree so i'm still on that liquid train with you. :( hopefully we are almost out of the woods.

We can do it!! I have found that being back at work has helped me tremendously to keep my mind off the hunger. I always thought people were crazy when they talked about "Head Hunger" but it's oh so real and so is the struggle. Hang in there twin 🤗

14 hours ago, mary77450 said:

I am feeling much better, getting more Water down every day. My favorite Protein Drinks are the Isopure Zero Carbs. Love those, they taste like punch, koolaid lemonaid anything but a Protein Shake. Clear liquid, not that milky Protein Drink task. The Premier Protein drinks, I can handle the chocolate and the peaches and cream. Normally I don't like peaches as much as other fruits but that flavor drink is good. My favorite is their new cafe latte flavor. It's kind of like a starbucks brownie frappacino without the whipped cream and chocolate.

How are you doing?

I’m glad you’ve found something you like!! I bought the Isopure unflavored Protein Powder and so far I’ve only mixed it with my Water and a crystal light packet, can barely taste it! Next week when I start purées I will try mixing it into my food. I also got the fairlife chocolate Protein Shakes and I actually like them, tastes like chocolate milk. Other than that I’m good! I think I had hit a little stall because I wasn’t eating much but now that I’ve started on a Protein powder and shake that I like, I’ve started losing again

On 1/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, eporter said:

I’m glad you’ve found something you like!! I bought the Isopure unflavored Protein Powder and so far I’ve only mixed it with my Water and a crystal light packet, can barely taste it! Next week when I start purées I will try mixing it into my food. I also got the fairlife chocolate Protein Shakes and I actually like them, tastes like chocolate milk. Other than that I’m good! I think I had hit a little stall because I wasn’t eating much but now that I’ve started on a Protein powder and shake that I like, I’ve started losing again

I grabbed some Isopure unflavored Protein yesterday and put it in my favorite Soup (italian vegetable with meatballs) and pureed it with an immersion blender. It tasted funky and thickened it up. I think it was pureeing the meatballs that did it. I am going to make some sugar free banana puddng with protein tomorrow. I had cottage cheese today, first solid food in a month and it never tasted so good! Glad you are doing well!

Hi everyone I was just approved for VSG. I’m waiting on a call back from my surgeon with the official surgery date. I am looking to have it done the second weeks of December. I am so nervous and scared and excited!!! I also keep second guessing myself and thinking if I’ll chicken out and just not do it. I really really really want this done because at this point there is nothing I have not tried to loose the weight. I am scared of failing I guess. I’ve lost almost 20lbs since I began my appts to get this done. I am on a daily injection to suppress my appetite which was a big contributor.

If you are a fellow December surgery let’s lean on each other throughout our recovery!
I'm late to the app... and this post but my surgery date was Dec 16 also

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Nikkib1104 said:

I'm late to the app... and this post but my surgery date was Dec 16 also

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome Nikki! I was two days behind you on the 18th. I was glad to find this specialized support forum, a few days before my surgery.

Hi everyone! I had my follow up appt today, I have lost 23 lbs since the 8th of Dec when I went on my shake diet. Only 77 more to go ;o

Hello - I had my surgery on December 17th and it really wasn't that bad. Luckily, I work for a school district and didn't have to go back to work until January 6th! I'm surprised at how little I eat now and get full. Feeling a bit fatigued and am having a hard time starting an exercise routine. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, K8M said:

Hello - I had my surgery on December 17th and it really wasn't that bad. Luckily, I work for a school district and didn't have to go back to work until January 6th! I'm surprised at how little I eat now and get full. Feeling a bit fatigued and am having a hard time starting an exercise routine. Any suggestions?

The gym person who is helping me said to eat more Protein to feel less sluggish. So maybe do a Protein Drink or two and some soft fish, if you’re allowed? I like the tuna creations packets.

Hello,

I was sleeved on 12/11/19. So far I am down 23lbs. I hit a two week stall, but I realized I wasn't eating or drinking enough Water.

2 hours ago, Dreashall said:

Hello,

I was sleeved on 12/11/19. So far I am down 23lbs. I hit a two week stall, but I realized I wasn't eating or drinking enough Water.

Good to know Dreashall! I struggle to drink enough Water to stay hydrated and not have Constipation with all this Protein. This is just one more great reason to stay on top of our water intake if lack thereof stalls our losing! Thanks for the tip :) Congrats on losing 23lbs!

Edited by mary77450

Good morning!

I had surgery December 26th! Merry Christmas to me! lol

I have lost 18 pounds so far. I am adjusting to trying different soft foods. Sometime the kind of heartburn like pain when eating is difficult, but only sometimes. I can't really pinpoint when. It happens intermittently after one bit or ten. But I am hanging in there because I hear this gets easier.

During liquid phase sugar free popsicles kept me going

19 hours ago, Dreashall said:

Hello,

I think that's my issue but I don't see the dietitian until the 11th of February, I wasn't given a specific amount of calories to try and eat, just 64oz Water and 60-65g Protein. I struggle with getting my water in but doing better at protein now that I'm on purees. I hit a 2 week stall and now I think I'm stalling again 4 weeks out. My weight hasn't went down and I'm fluctuating the same 2 pounds. Like no way I'm gaining when I barely eat :56_anguished: lol