Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleeves

I had my reverse from band to sleeve December 9th. So far doing fine. My doctor will not let me have stage 3 foods until 21st. I have lost 30 lbs. But ready to start my life of learning how to eat regular food.

I had mine on 12/30! 😃

On 1/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, Vicki McNair said:

I had my surgery on 12/23.

@Vicki McNairHi Surgery Twin! How are you doing 3 weeks out? Were almost 1 month out.wow. I'm down 23 lbs and doing well. Kind of worried about continuing to lose when I fully switch off the Protein Water and shakes to real food. Anyone else?

I had my sleeve 12/17 and I’ve lost 16lbs since surgery day for a total of 79lbs when I started my journey May 10th. I’m on the soft foods and honestly I just want something crunchy at this point and can’t wait to have cucumbers again.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, eporter said:

I think that's my issue but I don't see the dietitian until the 11th of February, I wasn't given a specific amount of calories to try and eat, just 64oz Water and 60-65g Protein. I struggle with getting my Water in but doing better at Protein now that I'm on purees. I hit a 2 week stall and now I think I'm stalling again 4 weeks out. My weight hasn't went down and I'm fluctuating the same 2 pounds. Like no way I'm gaining when I barely eat :56_anguished: lol

My water intake has been my issue too. I also hit a stall and then lost another 5lbs and now I’m at another stall. I see my dr next week for my 6 week post op visit. I’m down 19lbs from surgery on 12/16. I don’t know if that’s good/bad/meh lol. I want to hear what my surgeon says. He didn’t really give me what he expects me to be at when I go back to see him and that’s giving me anxiety.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:36 PM, JB1 said:

@Vicki McNairHi Surgery Twin! How are you doing 3 weeks out? Were almost 1 month out.wow. I'm down 23 lbs and doing well. Kind of worried about continuing to lose when I fully switch off the Protein Water and shakes to real food. Anyone else?

You can still continue your Protein Water and shakes when you start eating real food. You won’t be able to tolerate a lot of food at one time and will probably still need to rely on the shakes. I had to do an extra shake yesterday to hit my protein.

10 hours ago, JediMom said:

surgeon says. He didn’t really give me what he expects me to be at when I go back to see him and that’s giving me anxiety.

Please relax, he will be delighted with your progress!

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:49 AM, JediMom said:

My Water intake has been my issue too. I also hit a stall and then lost another 5lbs and now I’m at another stall. I see my dr next week for my 6 week post op visit. I’m down 19lbs from surgery on 12/16. I don’t know if that’s good/bad/meh lol. I want to hear what my surgeon says. He didn’t really give me what he expects me to be at when I go back to see him and that’s giving me anxiety.

Same for me with the stalls. I'm 25lbs down since surgery and we have the same surgery date so maybe we are on the right track <_< lol idk anymore! MY surgeon didn't set any goals or expectations either...do we have the same doctor? haha! I saw him 2 weeks out and he was proud of my 15lbs down at that time..hopefully by 2/11 I'm past this stall

Hi friends!!

I had my sleeve surgery 12-27-19. Pre-surgical weight 260. Weight today, almost 4 weeks out

238. It's been quite a ride. My husband had the sleeve 18 months ago, so he was helpful with

my lovenox shots, wound care, etc.. What I was not expecting is how sad I feel, tired bc of the insomnia,

worried that I am not losing enough even though my surgeon says I am doing great, and the food struggle.

I do understand how you felt djgirl. Everyone else is eating whatever the eff they want and I am drinking my shake, eating oatmeal , whatever. I am hoping that this plateau I've hit will run its course bc its frustrating. Next week I can go back to the gym, so I will start out with the treadmill and eventually do some weights, situps etc..

I would like to know what healthy options everyone is eating?

Thanks!

Meg

16 hours ago, Meg D. said:

I would like to know what healthy options everyone is eating?

I like to make smoothies for Breakfast. Either frozen fruit or ice cubes with spinach almond milk and Protein Powder.

For breakfast also a fan of- egg white omelettes, Fat free cottage cheese with sugar free jam, and occasionally oatmeal.

lunch is usually grilled chicken or fish with some kind of vegetable and occasionally potatoes.

dinner is usually the same as lunch but also Soup, shredded beef from pot roasts, and more vegetables.

My go-to Snacks are unsweetened applesauce mixed with unflavored Protein powder and cinnamon, Greek yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, and light string cheese.

I'm dying for a salad and can’t wait to have cucumbers and celery again!

Officially 6 weeks out today and I’m able to return to “regular foods” lol. Not that I have much of an appetite and I get full after I few bites. I had 1/4 of an omelette for breakfast (so good) hope it reheats well. Triple zero Greek yogurt for snack, a 2oz chicken breast for lunch with some roasted cauliflower (didn’t finish but yummy). Got home and my husband bought me a hot pickle (my fave). I haven’t had one since before surgery. I had 2 thin slices...so good. Had leftover chicken breast for dinner with 1/4 baked sweet potato. Although I’m not finishing my plates I’m so excited to be enjoying dinner with my family again! I bought a food scale so I can measure out my meats, more yogurts and Protein granola, string cheese, whole grain crackers, mini baby bell cheese and more fairlife Protein Shakes to make it through my first “normal” week!