Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you follow your post op diet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you follow your post op diet?

• Yes, I followed it to the letter!
    • I used the diet as a guideline and listened to my body
    • No, I pretty much followed my own post op rules
    • Other - please specify in post

I had revision surgery on June 29, 2009 due to a prolapse. I had experienced sulfur burps as my sign there was a problem. Today is July 21st, 3 weeks post-op and I'm having sulfur burps again. I'm concerned that I may be in the same situation that I was prior to surgery. Does anyone know??? My doctor stated ONLY 2% of banded people prolapse and have to have revision surgery -- I think he lied because he says he does these surgeries ALL the time. Anyone have any comments on this?

The only thing that will show the slippage for sure is an upper GI. Reguest one from your doc. Once you have the results you will know for sure. Good luck!

Just had my band surgically fixed on July 22, 2009. My first banding experience was not good so I have high hopes for this one. My arm is swollen for some reason. It is the same arm that I had my IV's in. Does anyone know what might be causing this

Hi:

Please call your surgeon and tell him about your swollen arm to make sure it's not anything serious.

Let us know how you make out.

Sue

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I was re-banded on July 29th and I'm at 207 pounds. I was down to 168 prior to prolapsing. I would like to get to 160 eventually. I agree with the other person that you should check w/ your doc about your arm swelling.

My band slipped Feb. 08 and I just had it replaced on 7/29/09. My insurance would only pay to remove it so I paid to put it back in. I went round with them since Sept 08 and just couldn't live gaining weight so I just went ahead and paid. United Healthcare is awful!!! The cost to just replace it was $2700 hope this helps.

I was almost six years out and mine slipped due to overeating. I pushed my band to the limit EVERY time I ate. I used it to tell me I was full -- BIG MISTAKE!!! The Realize band is completely different though than the one I had. It doesn't let me know when I'm full -- which stinks because I'm having to learn all over how much to eat.

I had my band fixed due to a slip on Jan 6 2010 how I found out I had a slip was I could not eat more than 4 bites of food after a unfill it was a bad deal. I went in for a check up and the next thing I know I am in surgery. well after a barrium swallow test that showed a slipped band. 2 hours later I was in the OR getting it fixed I really have a great respect for my Dr. and his staff. They are the best and their attention to detail is tops. It is all about the customer. I Just wish I would have not had a slipped band I just fell in to the 2 to 5% that have problems. this sucks. We just need to follow our dr's orders to a T. Scotty D

Im hoping we can work together on this ebcause i just read your story and let me tell you a little about my story --

LAP-BAND® 9/2005

02/06 - slip

03/06 - re band

throught the past 5 years I have STRUGGLED and the ONLY time i lost weight was when the bad was so tight I barely could drink Water. One day I would be able to eat yogurt, the next day it would get stuck -- it was this way constantly and Id never know what i coul or couldnt eat unless i tried - so in teh end I have a band with 1/2 fill so i can eat normally but it defeats the purpose of even having TWO surgeries because here I am weighig in 10lbs les then my 1st surgery and 10 more then my second....

Just went to the Dr. yesterday and he suggested I look into the bypass revision. He made it sound really good but he also didnt leave out the fact that because it is a revision - the risks are automatically higher for compications.

I sit here wondering if my body had this many compications with a simple band who will ti react to a bypass?

Maybe I will do great with bypass and i will finally see results Ive been striving to see forever

what is I am the 15% that thigs go drastically wrong

My job now covers this revision - if I waitr health care might change

I too dont know what to do!

Complications? What kind of complications? Like is its "dumbing" more often.. k I can handle that..

If its leakge... that can cause death.. IDK

I wish I could survey 100 ppl who had this themself!

Help for us both

What ever we decide , we r not alone!

I had revision surgery on June 29, 2009 due to a prolapse. I had experienced sulfur burps as my sign there was a problem. Today is July 21st, 3 weeks post-op and I'm having sulfur burps again. I'm concerned that I may be in the same situation that I was prior to surgery. Does anyone know??? My doctor stated ONLY 2% of banded people prolapse and have to have revision surgery -- I think he lied because he says he does these surgeries ALL the time. Anyone have any comments on this?

Please help! What is a Sulfur burp? I've been having these horrible smelly burps lately.

Im hoping we can work together on this ebcause i just read your story and let me tell you a little about my story --

LAP-BAND®® 9/2005

02/06 - slip

03/06 - re band

throught the past 5 years I have STRUGGLED and the ONLY time i lost weight was when the bad was so tight I barely could drink Water. One day I would be able to eat yogurt, the next day it would get stuck -- it was this way constantly and Id never know what i coul or couldnt eat unless i tried - so in teh end I have a band with 1/2 fill so i can eat normally but it defeats the purpose of even having TWO surgeries because here I am weighig in 10lbs les then my 1st surgery and 10 more then my second....

Just went to the Dr. yesterday and he suggested I look into the bypass revision. He made it sound really good but he also didnt leave out the fact that because it is a revision - the risks are automatically higher for compications.

I sit here wondering if my body had this many compications with a simple band who will ti react to a bypass?

Maybe I will do great with bypass and i will finally see results Ive been striving to see forever

what is I am the 15% that thigs go drastically wrong

My job now covers this revision - if I waitr health care might change

I too dont know what to do!

Complications? What kind of complications? Like is its "dumbing" more often.. k I can handle that..

If its leakge... that can cause death.. IDK

I wish I could survey 100 ppl who had this themself!

Help for us both

What ever we decide , we r not alone!

I know how you feel. I was banded 10/08 (15mths) ago and have only lost 25pds. I've been tight loose, tight, etc. Now I vomit quiet often and am having horrible smelly belching. I haven't been back to the MD since June. My insurance doesn't cover anything, and I had to take out a loan for my first surgery. Have no idea what to do. I feel like I've wasted 17,000!