Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is next Monday, 10/28. I'm on the two week pre-op diet, 9 lbs down. It's not easy, sometimes you get tired, and when you are surrounded by food, it can be very difficult. Only twice was a really "surrounded" by it. At home, when my husband and son eat, it's not bad. Getting excited but also nervous and scared. It's been a long time coming (I thought about it for years, was about to start the process in early 2018, but another health issue was taken care of first). Once the process started, though, while it seemed to drag, it's also been rather quick. Having all the feels....

i'm sure you're getting super excited. Congrats on the 9 lbs lost!

My gastric sleeve is on Oct 28th also...I lost 9 lb this week on my pre op liquid diet....Hasn't been all that bad...Eat what they told me too and sometimes felt way to full...Haven't been hungry at all. The only thing that I had a problem drinking was the Premier banana Protein shake....I had oh so much gas after that for two nights as I was crazy enough to try it again....I have no desire to drink it again... Good luck with your surgery....and new life style.

18 minutes ago, SISSYJ said:

My gastric sleeve is on Oct 28th also...I lost 9 lb this week on my pre op liquid diet....Hasn't been all that bad...Eat what they told me too and sometimes felt way to full...Haven't been hungry at all. The only thing that I had a problem drinking was the Premier banana Protein shake....I had oh so much gas after that for two nights as I was crazy enough to try it again....I have no desire to drink it again... Good luck with your surgery....and new life style.

I haven't tried banana. The peaches and cream premiere Protein is AWFUL (stay away). The strawberry, chocolate and Cookies and cream are good. I used the caramel with Decaf iced coffee in the morning and that works. I have Unjury shakes and I used the protein chicken broth for my lunch (I like more salty than sweet, so it works for me). We get by. We lost the same amount and have the same date, how cool! Good luck to you and I'll see you on the "losers" bench next Monday.

58 minutes ago, Machalo said:

i'm sure you're getting super excited. Congrats on the 9 lbs lost!

I am excited, nervous, all of it. It's been a long journey. I'm glad to have everyone on here. :)

I’m also 10/28 surgery! Also on day 8 of pre op diet plan and down 9 pounds! My hubby grilled himself a steak last night and I started crying a bit and went to another room! I love steak! He wasn’t doing it on purpose, but I was like omg wtf?!?! I weigh in Friday and I’m already 2lbs below what I need to be! So I’m sticking with it! Don’t want to cheat and gain weight and have my surgery get cancelled! We are strong and can do this!!

2 minutes ago, LoriLynnRN said:

I’m also 10/28 surgery! Also on day 8 of pre op diet plan and down 9 pounds! My hubby grilled himself a steak last night and I started crying a bit and went to another room! I love steak! He wasn’t doing it on purpose, but I was like omg wtf?!?! I weigh in Friday and I’m already 2lbs below what I need to be! So I’m sticking with it! Don’t want to cheat and gain weight and have my surgery get cancelled! We are strong and can do this!!

Yes, we got this. I haven't cried over the food, but I've got downright angry. I went to a hockey game (crappy food galore). Funny thing is, I don't often eat at them, but that day, I wanted everything. My husband had a hot dog (I'm not even that much a fan, but I wanted one so badly....that hurt) and then an Italian ice with soft serve chocolate ice cream on top (I'm not a fan of ice cream and I've had my share of sf ice pops and Italian ice - not tempting). I notice times of the day I get most hungry (right now, around 3:30 p.m.). It's amazing how we all lost 9 lbs thus far. That's intriguing!! I drink, drink, drink. Tea, broth, shakes, crystal light w/water....all we can do. Well, mine isn't as restrictive, since I am allowed a small meal and approved Snacks of SF pudding, certain yogurt, certain veggies....if I have fruit, only a 1/2 cup, which isn't a lot (4 strawberries are about a 1/2 cup). But you're limited in how much of those snacks. I have tried to have mostly liquids though. I want my surgery to be super duper safe.

Let's all keep each other posted, since we're all surgery twins :)

Woooo I'm 28th as well for RNY BYPASS :)

14 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Woooo I'm 28th as well for RNY BYPASS :)

I saw that. You're doing sooooo well! can't wait to hear about your journey :)

Oh wow, we have our own group starting out on Oct 28th, changing our lives together one day at a time....we can do this. Mikey did you lose 9 lbs on first week of liquid diet....Cheryl, Machalo and I did...hope you did also...

I live neaer Atlanta, Ga and am 79 years old....so looking forward to a new life style and losing some weight.. Where are you all from...Where do I get one of those scales to record starting weight and goal along with my progress to put under my posts..::::????? Have a good day....also Lorilynn from California surgery is Oct 28th.

Edited by SISSYJ

1 minute ago, SISSYJ said:

Oh wow, we have our own group starting out on Oct 28th, changing our lives together one day at a time....we can do this. Mikey did you lose 9 lbs on first week of liquid diet....Cheryl, Machalo and I did...hope you did also...

I live neaer Atlanta, Ga and am 79 years old....so looking forward to a new life style and losing some weight.. Where are you all from...Where do I get one of those scales to record starting weight and goal along with my progress to put under my posts..::::????? Have a good day....

If you go into your profile, you can add a ticker (those are the trackers under your post). :)

I started my own diet 8 weeks ago. I've lost around 55lbs but stalled last few days so definitely ready for the bypass surgery to kick start my next chapter!!

15 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

I started my own diet 8 weeks ago. I've lost around 55lbs but stalled last few days so definitely ready for the bypass surgery to kick start my next chapter!!

I did that too. I've lost 48 lbs and 7.5 off my BMI! I'm so happy about that. Hopefully, that will lead us to a safer surgery/quicker recovery. That's been my biggest motivation, outside of just wanting to get healthier. I want a safe surgery with as little issues as possible. 5 more days! :91_thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

4 days for me as I'm in AUSTRALIA ;)

Nice! It's so real right now....we all waited for this for so long. I'm so nervous and scared but I'm so excited for better health and a better quality of life. Tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm only planning to be out of work for 1 week, since I have a desk job at a law firm. No heaving lifting of files is my only restriction. There's no problem there.

Let us know how you do, since you're first :)