Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Worst Fat Day EVER!

Mone, you will see the fat melt off of you in due time. I am thrilled for you. It will change your life. Best of luck to you with your surgery and your preop diet. Julie

Wow, what a bad day!!!!!!!

Once you get banded and the weight starts dropping you will be amazed to notice things like:

arms on chairs aren't a problem

you can sit in a booth

people don't stare

and the list goes on!!!

hang in there!!!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. It's a sad story but the way you tell it makes it funny. I can just see you doing stand up comedy some day. :wacko: I had to go to a meeting at the local high school one night a few years and pounds ago and I got stuck in a desk. My body just seemed to swell after I got in it. OH, the humiliation!

How awful. I can't even imagine. I think I avoid public places because I don't want anything similar to happen!

I think the worst thing that ever happened to me was when I got into my old Nissan Altima a couple years ago and the driver-side front shock snapped. I was by myself, in my garage, but I then had to call off from work. I realize both front shocks were actually quite rusted from all the ice-melting stuff they use on the roads here and I hadn't paid enough attention to cleaning under there. But it still made me feel AWFUL.

And one time I sat down on the couch and heard a loud pop under my rear end. Yeah. Dang pants. Thankfully it was just me and DH. I made jokes out of it to him so I wouldn't cry.

That stuff does not feel good, but it's something for me to remember when this road may get rough.

hey i can totally relate...i recently went to a concert with husband....I had to leave because i could not fit in the seat...I tried for a while to squeeze in there, but at some point I couldnt even feel my thighs...I had to leave and take a cab home, because we couldnt get our car out...it was so embarrassing, i told the police officer to call me a cab, cuz i had an emergency at home :wacko: I was so embarrassed...my husband and I never discussed it...he's not heavy at all.

I dont know if this is sad , or really funny...but we are all sitting here reflecting back on an incident, a comment, a stare, that we have all recieved...we have all had this day, in some form or variation. Sometimes i feel so alone in all of it until i read stories like this, and i know that we are all brothers and sisters, on the most exciting and life changing journey. Thank you sooo much for this really gut wrenching post. It was awesome.

I just wanted to say thatI loved your blog/songs. There is so much more to you than this day. It is all our worst nightmares and going through it will ony make you more ready and determined.

Still, the chair thing was harsh. I once broke a wooden flight of stairs. It was old, I suspect there were termites but I still broke a flight of stairs.

It's really funny that when these things happen, it seems like you are the ONLY person in the world that it has ever happened to. It is comforting to hear that others have gone through similar incidences.

There are certain things that only we can relate to. I can remember last year I went to my aunt's house for some stupid party that she was throwing (she is always throwing parties, trying to make herself look like she's rich, when she really just lives paycheck to paycheck trying to impress all her stuffshirt friends.:wacko:) I had on high heels, which I had worn the little black plastic things off the bottom of. You know, when those plastic things wear off, you have a little hard metal spike left. As I walked on my aunt's new kitchen floor, my heels were punching little holes in the floor! I didn't even notice at first until my aunt started yelling at me.:yell: "OH MY GOD, WOULD YOU LOOK AT MY BRAND NEW FLOOR. YOU HAVE RUINED IT! YOU ARE SO HEAVY YOU PUNCHED HOLES IN MY BRAND NEW FLOOR WITH YOUR CHEAP AZZ SHOES!" I was mortified AND PISSED that she embarrassed me and yelled at me like that so I yelled right back at her:argue:, "THIS IS NOT A FLOOR, IT IS CHEAP LINOLEUM, MADE OUT OF PLASTIC! THE PROBLEMS IS NOT MY CHEAP SHOES, THE PROBLEM IS YOUR CHEAP AZZ FLOOR! IF YOU WOULD SPEND LESS MONEY THROWING PARTIES TRYING TO IMPRESS YOUR STUCK-UP FRIENDS AND MORE MONEY BUYING FLOORING THAT WAS WORTH MORE THAN $10, THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SOMEONES HEELS POKING HOLES IN YOUR CHEAP AZZ FLOOR!":heh: Needless to say, we haven't spoken since.

Speaking of heels, I have also had my heels stuck in the heat register at church. Grrrr, that is annoying no matter what size you are. I have learned to snap fight back when people make fun of my size.

I was sitting here thinking about the apple pie and ice cream in the kitchen when I read about your very bad day . Don't get me wrong I felt very bad for you but I have to admit I laughed so hard . I almost got stuck in a chair at a friends house . It was an old chair and the arms were weak . I was sweating bullets . I haven't been banded yet, still waiting for approval ,but after reading about your day it reminded me why I want the band in the first place.I didn't get the pie .Thank you for snapping me back to reality.

My most embarrassing experience was when i was sitting in an airplane seat with a vacant seat next to me during boarding. The occupant of the seat walked up the aisle, took one look at the vacant seat next to me and immediately called the flight attendant and demanded a different seat. Yup, we probably all have obesity related awful stories. All we can do is look forward, not back! AAARRRGH!

...I completely forgot about another experience that would probably be in the close running with yesterday. I was on a Greyhound bus one time and squeezed myself into the bathroom. And when I say squeezed, I mean I had to squeeze myself into that bathroom in sections. NOT CUTE! Once I managed to get all my sections in, I went to get leave and I could not get out. I was stuck! The door on the bathroom opened IN. I was standing on the toilet seat trying to maneuver myself out of there but it was just not happening. The story ends with the bus having to be pulled over to the side of the road and the door being removed from the hinges...

OMG! That is terrible! And I promise as soon as I can get myself back up off the floor from laughing so hard I can't breathe, I will send you the most appropriate condolences.

Part of my hysterics are because your stoy reminded me of the last time my grandmother (God rest her soul) took a flight to California to visit her sister. She was a very large lady herself and always waited until she landed to go to the restroom but this time she just couldn't wait and decided to risk going on the plane. But wouldn't you just know it though as she was sitting on the too small seat they hit an air pocket and her Derrière became firmly stuck in the seat. She couldn't get out to save her life and was too proud to call for help. (Lord help me I'm laughing while I write this) She ended up sitting in the loo all the way until the plane landed and a flight attendant found her still sitting there. They tried everything to get her out, pulling, lubricating, eventually they had to physically cut the toilet off her. It just goes to show no matter how bad you've got it someone else has been there, done that and even worse.

Seriously, we all have at least one if not a dozen similar stories that led us to this point in our lives. And it WILL get better. I look forward to seeing you on the band-side of life and watching your progress unfold.

girl i know how you feel, but look at your little ticker in your signature... down 11lbs already!

i remember how happy iwas to see my little fish swimming along!

soon that day will be long gone!