Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh poor you what happened

Has anyone had an experience with going from Lapband to Gastric Sleeve revision, to RNY revision?
Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Huh????? Why on earth?????? No, I have not heard of it yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Caela88 said:

going from Lapband to Gastric Sleeve revision, to RNY revision

@Caela88

yes, i knew someone

she had the lapband for a few years - erosion, then sleeve - heartburn - revision to RNY

haven't seen her in quite awhile - hopefully all is well.

i don't know how often this happens, but for the above reasons it's sad, but understandable

is a 3rd revision in your future?

hope all goes well whatever you do☺️

good luck

kathy

I have had this! Lap band to sleeve to Mini Bypass.

Whats with all the judgement? Life happens.

No judgment sweetie. The OP asked if we had heard of the situation and I was like huh???? No, I haven't. It never occurred to me that some individuals would need a third revision. I'm just shocked that's all. Praying all will go well. [emoji1488][emoji1488][emoji1488]

[mention=259112]Caela88[/mention]
yes, i knew someone
she had the lapband for a few years - erosion, then sleeve - heartburn - revision to RNY
haven't seen her in quite awhile - hopefully all is well.
i don't know how often this happens, but for the above reasons it's sad, but understandable
is a 3rd revision in your future?
hope all goes well whatever you do[emoji5]
good luck
kathy

Wow! Bless her heart. [emoji44][emoji51][emoji46][emoji17] I do hope she is well. Sorry to hear she has had so much trouble.

Did you have the mini or the full bypass? How much have you lost?

On 10/9/2019 at 6:50 AM, Caela88 said:

Has anyone had an experience with going from Lapband to Gastric Sleeve revision, to RNY revision?

I've heard of it though I'm not sure why surgeons would revise from band to sleeve (of course they have their reasons, just wondering what these reasons are).

Anyway I was a band to MGB and a band to sleeve wouldn't have been possible anyway because of so much scar tissue. I also had severe reflux so sleeve was out of the question anyway.

However, if one revises from band to sleeve I'm not surprised about the second revision because quite a few people get severe reflux after sleeve.

I assume they mean recovery is not easy and post op still takes hard work

On 10/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, mhonica39 said:

Yes I had all three done my lapband was in 2014 2 months after got pregnant then in 2016 had sleeve I lost only 40 pounds and had bad reflexes so had bypass done 6/19/19 it's not easy tho

Sent from my SM-T387V using BariatricPal mobile app

Man! I'm sure it isn't. Blessings to you.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, summerset said:

I've heard of it though I'm not sure why surgeons would revise from band to sleeve (of course they have their reasons, just wondering what these reasons are).

Anyway I was a band to MGB and a band to sleeve wouldn't have been possible anyway because of so much scar tissue. I also had severe reflux so sleeve was out of the question anyway.

However, if one revises from band to sleeve I'm not surprised about the second revision because quite a few people get severe reflux after sleeve.

I sure hope I won't. I have never had an issue with reflux and I certainly don't want to now.

I’m looking into the same thing as the OP. Band in 2010, revision to Sleeve in 2014 due to band slip resulting in the inability to even drink Water, and now looking for another option due to acid reflux and regain after a hysterectomy in 2016. I never felt restriction with the sleeve and didn’t lose much after the sleeve and now am half way back to where I started on my WL journey. I’m going to call my WL surgeon to make an appointment to see what my options are at this point and to see what is needed for insurance to pay. If anyone else with a similar experience has any words of wisdom to share that would be greatly appreciated.