Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

My Surgery Date is Dec. 2nd. I am having a RNY conversion from a Nissen Fundoplication and a hiatal hernia repair. I have Barrett's Esoph and Bronchecstasis, high BP & extremly high Cholesrol. 5'1 180lbs. Feeling Anxious.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! I'm having my gastric bypass on December 3rd. It's my first surgery ever and I'm quite terrified

So, today I had my final appointment prior to surgery and pre-registered and given information about post-op and what to expect. WoooooHooooo, I am so happy! I have been on my liver shrinking diet and started a week early and when I realized I wouldn't be getting the foods I so loved, I went and got me a quarter-pounder, fries and a large sprite. I felt so guilty after eating it but the next day got back on track! So, Tuesday was my actual start date of the 14 day liver shrinking diet but again I started earlier. Friday 22, 2019 I went for my appointment were you had to bring your support person and I was so shocked that my husband only missed one question on the post test after they talk to you. I was so sure he was not listening just going through the motions but oh my goodness he and I both only missed one question! Questions such as when do you start your pureed, soft, and regular diet, how much are you suppose to eat on the pureed diet ( I missed this one) 1 Tbs, 1/2 cup or 3 Tbs. I chose the 1/2 cup and it should have been the 3Tbs. Then they spoke about what will give you dumping syndrome and then had you feel out your calendar of when you start your cleanse, when you start you Clear Liquids to full clear, to pureed, soft and regular! We then had a trainer come in and speak to us about exercise after surgery. It was a day full of great information and I really enjoyed it. Also today, they wanted to make sure you have purchased your Vitamins, which I had, I had purchased mine previously and so I am now ready for this surgery! My surgery is scheduled for 6:30a.m. and she said I was the first on the list!

Edited by Quinnmedicinewoman52
added more information

Jeli84

mymy, I just decided to be glad I only have 3 week of preop full liquid diet 24 hour clear.

One more week and I will be either in or awaiting surgery.
The last two days I have no real desire for my allotted liquids. So today I will make a mushroom broth and although I hadn’t incorporated the egg whites I will have some today and a pudding for my holiday treat. I was happy with it so simple but perhaps I should not have been so severe in my choices. Three weeks is a long time. Only consuming 3 ounces per serving instead of the allowed 4-6 ounces so that is the plan.

What day is your surgery? Mine the 5th. Seems your in a much better class instruction mine was me and nutritionist. She was repetitive and felt she blindly wandered. She also, seemed to want vegan after surgery.

26 minutes ago, behnybaby said:

Jeli84

mymy, I just decided to be glad I only have 3 week of preop full liquid diet 24 hour clear.

The last two days I have no real desire for my allotted liquids. So today I will make a mushroom broth and although I hadn’t incorporated the egg whites I will have some today and a pudding for my holiday treat. I was happy with it so simple but perhaps I should not have been so severe in my choices. Three weeks is a long time. Only consuming 3 ounces per serving instead of the allowed 4-6 ounces so that is the plan.

What day is your surgery? Mine the 5th. Seems your in a much better class instruction mine was me and nutritionist. She was repetitive and felt she blindly wandered. She also, seemed to want vegan after surgery.

My surgery is Monday Dec 2nd. My pre-op diet was only two weeks and it has been 3 shakes and a small meal (4oz) of Protein. The protein intake is important because your body starts to burn fat, and you have that period you feel like crap people refer to as the 'keto-flu.' I like the pudding idea - I brought some sugar free for post op. Sunday is my 24 hr full liquid only diet, well technically ending with only clear from 6pm - 12 am, then nothing after midnight. I have slow digestion issues (gastroparesis) so that could be little different for me.

Edited by Myap

Jeli

wishing you the best!

6 hours ago, behnybaby said:

Jeli84

December 10th, I have a wonderful team and they are all compassionate and caring! Love them all!