Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

Well I did the two mile on my 'walk away the pounds' video so hopefully I worked off some of that chicken skin, lol. I have a treadmill but I get so bored on that thing that I prefer the video's. My fiance and my neighbor all do them with me each night. I don't know if I mentioned but I quit smoking when I began the pre-op diet so I think I am fighting two battles at once and doing pretty darn good at it!! I can't believe that in one week by this time, I will be banded! Dr B's office told me that I will be his third band on that day so hopefully he will be good and limbered up by the time he gets to me, lol!! Hopefully I will be in and out before lunch, keeping my fingers crossed. I was looking at restaurant menu's today and I think Ruby Tuesday has the best selection for bandsters. They even have mashed cauliflour as an alternate to mashed potatoes. We are going out to dinner this weekend since I might not feel up to it for a little while after being banded and I think we may go there. I will try them out and see if it's tasty.

I was thinking of either Ruby Tuesday or Applebees. They both have a pretty good selection to chose from. Ruby Tuesdays offers a lot of low carb foods, if I'm not mistaken, and Applebee's has the weight watchers menu. I'd be happy with either. Let us know about Ruby Tuesdays if you go.

Well we decided on Red Lobster since I was wanting seafood. I was SO proud of myself. I did not TOUCH one chedder biscuit at all. NO ONE! I got the broiled seafood platter with steamed broccoli. I am finding it SO difficult though to not drink when I eat at a restaurant. I think this is really going to be a problem for me post op. AT home I don't even fix a drink but at a restaurant when they sit it right in front of you, it is SO hard to not take a swig. Does anyone just not get a drink or something? How do you resist? Also quick question, when out dining and you guys get a salad, what type of dressings do you get? It seems everything on the fat free or light list still has SO many calories in it.

Well we decided on Red Lobster since I was wanting seafood. I was SO proud of myself. I did not TOUCH one chedder biscuit at all. NO ONE! I got the broiled seafood platter with steamed broccoli. I am finding it SO difficult though to not drink when I eat at a restaurant. I think this is really going to be a problem for me post op. AT home I don't even fix a drink but at a restaurant when they sit it right in front of you, it is SO hard to not take a swig. Does anyone just not get a drink or something? How do you resist? Also quick question, when out dining and you guys get a salad, what type of dressings do you get? It seems everything on the fat free or light list still has SO many calories in it.

Hey Mia

Congrats on not eating the cheddar biscuits, those things are so hard to resist!

As far as not drinking with your meals, it's one of the hardest things for most bandster to get used to. I usually order a Water with extra lemons and I make my own lemonade using splenda. I always ask them to bring my Water in a to-go cup. I mix it up and put the lid on but don't put the straw in it. I put the straw in my purse, that way I won't be tempted to take a sip while eating. I drink it 30 minutes after I finish eating.

I used to carry those salad Spritzer Dressings in my purse, they are 1 calorie per spray. I go some looks when I would pull it out of my purse, but I don't care, it doesn't bother me. I would say since you are on Sugar busters, it would be best NOT to go for the light dressing, they tend to have less fat but more sugar. For now, I would just get the regular stuff, it has less sugar and less carbs.

Ok quick question: I have been sautee'ing my veggies in olive oil- is this okay to do on sugar busters? I am so upset because it seems my scales are off- one day I'm down a few pounds, the next day it says I've gained ten so now I really don't know WHAT I way- I know its off because I had my fiance weigh and it shows him having gained 7 lbs overnight- so I've sent him off to buy a new WW scale- ugh- I'm so scared I haven't lost enough for DR. B- but I swear I have stuck to this diet- I can't see anywhere that I've really cheated.

I shot Terri at Dr. B's office an email and she told me to turn my worrying down a notch, lol. She said that all this worrying will actually do more harm than not losing any weight. I got a new set of scales and my old ones are off by about 4 lbs. I think I'm just filled with butterflies and what not and maybe I should just chill out for a while.

Man, two more days guys...I am already so nervous. But I have everything taken care of. I went and had my will witnessed and notarized today and got all of my other affairs sorted out in case something happens. It's very important to know that my child's bio dad who isn't in her life won't be granted custody. It is weird, I've had moments where I really freak out- but I have this weird sort of peace about it all and I am just leaving it all in God's hands. I know I'll be fine- but I just want to have things in order to make me feel better while I go into surgery. I call tomorrow afternoon to find out my surgery time. I'm sure tommorrow nigh I'll be a nervous wreck. I hope I get to be there pretty early so I can get the surgery out of the way and on my way to knowing I'm alive and recovering!!

Mia!!

Chill darling! Dr B has a great reputation and like you said you just have to put it in God's hands. You will be in my prayers and everything is going to be fine. Before you know it you will have it all over with and you will be on your way to a healthier you. Take care, calm down and think happy thoughts! I can honestly say this surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself and I am sure you will be able to say the same. Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it. Take care!

Pamela

How are things going since last weeks fill? I hope you are doign well. I go for my next one on Tuesday of next week and hopefully i will feel a difference. It seems like I can eat more since I had my first fill than I could before I got it, I know it is all in my head but still! Let me know how things are going. Take care!

Pamela

How are things going since last weeks fill? I hope you are doign well. I go for my next one on Tuesday of next week and hopefully i will feel a difference. It seems like I can eat more since I had my first fill than I could before I got it, I know it is all in my head but still! Let me know how things are going. Take care!

Hey Jeannie

Things are going pretty good. I definitely feel more restriction than before. The eating part is going really good, but I just can't find the energy to exercise, I have been sooo tired lately. I found out the other day, from my endocrinologist, that my DHEA hormone levels are too low. That very well could be my problem. I looked it up online and apparently it can cause severe fatigue, muscle weakness, difficulty losing weight, mood swings and depression. That's just what I need. lol

Pamela

Can they fix the DHEA problem? I hope so, and soon you don't need to get too discouraged. I haven't been exercising like I know I should but I am trying to get back in the habit. Take care.

Hey everyone

Is Feb. 7th still okay with everyone to meet? Is Ruby Tuesday in Tifton good for everyone? Feel free to let me know if anyone wants to go somewhere else.

Pamela

Can they fix the DHEA problem? I hope so, and soon you don't need to get too discouraged. I haven't been exercising like I know I should but I am trying to get back in the habit. Take care.

They want me to start taking 250 mg of DHEA Vitamin. I've only been able to find 50mg pills, I would have to take 5 pills a day to equal 250 mg. I already have to cut another pill into 4 pieces so I can swallow it. I think I'll search the net and see if I can find a stronger dosage.

I've heard that the Vitamin can help you lose weight, so I hope it does. I'm also taking Actos plus Metformin for PCOS and it is supposed to help with weight loss too.

I definitely haven't been exercising enough either. Today I did an aerobics workout for 15 minutes and I plan to do the elliptical and some light weight lifting tonight. I just hope I get some energy soon!