Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I am almost 3 weeks out since having surgery. I do not have acid reflux. I have reflux like when I eat something it just wants to come all the way back up to my throat and settled there. I’ve mentioned this to my doctor the three times I have seen him He gave me protonic‘s to take when I got home and I’ve been taking it and it’s not helping and he’s not listening any suggestions? I am to the point I don’t want to eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did you get the sleeve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ALISON Easton said:

I am almost 3 weeks out since having surgery. I do not have acid reflux. I have reflux like when I eat something it just wants to come all the way back up to my throat and settled there. I’ve mentioned this to my doctor the three times I have seen him He gave me protonic‘s to take when I got home and I’ve been taking it and it’s not helping and he’s not listening any suggestions? I am to the point I don’t want to eat.

Hi

When are you taking the PPI? First thing in the AM may help the most with no food prior so that it can work alone and not compete with anything (confirm with Surgeon/Physician of course)

Also you maybe eating to fast, past your limit or not chewing thoroughly. Any of this possible? Try eating 1 oz over 10 mins with regular pauses to see how you feel.

Other than that try to go a step back in your plan to when food was easier to eat. You may simply not be ready to advance to a new food stage despite the planned timing. Your body will let you know this.

If all else fails politely demand further testing to confirm there is nothing mechanical/structural going on.

Good Luck 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

which surgery did you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Also you maybe eating to fast, past your limit or not chewing thoroughly. Any of this possible? Try eating 1 oz over 10 mins with regular pauses to see how you feel.

This was my first thought. Thanks GreenTealael! I agree with all of your recommendations, including taking a step back in your food advancement. I know that if I get carried away and eat too fast, it feels like my food wants to come back up. It was worse in my first couple of months.

I'd also like to add positioning to her recommendations. After you eat, try to avoid bending over or bending severely at the waist. When I was a new sleever, I had a couple of experiences where I ate then was doing some housework that required me to be on my hands/knees, bending over, etc. More than once I felt my dinner come back up into my throat. Couldn't say if it was because I was on a soft diet or anything, but I don't have it now. Maybe something about an adjustment period for the new tummy to understand it's proper motility?

Good luck!

If all else fails, be assertive with your doctor and demand answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S@ssen@ch said:

This was my first thought. Thanks GreenTealael! I agree with all of your recommendations, including taking a step back in your food advancement. I know that if I get carried away and eat too fast, it feels like my food wants to come back up. It was worse in my first couple of months.

I'd also like to add positioning to her recommendations. After you eat, try to avoid bending over or bending severely at the waist. When I was a new sleever, I had a couple of experiences where I ate then was doing some housework that required me to be on my hands/knees, bending over, etc. More than once I felt my dinner come back up into my throat. Couldn't say if it was because I was on a soft diet or anything, but I don't have it now. Maybe something about an adjustment period for the new tummy to understand it's proper motility?

Good luck!

If all else fails, be assertive with your doctor and demand answers.

Ooooooo I forgot about positioning! Great tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      I can now buy clothes in normal stores again. Admittedly the first time when I started trying on clothes, I really had to keep myself calm. Normally trying on clothes causes me to become SOOO depressed that it take weeks just to get over it. Now, I have to keep myself from not wanting to buy everything!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

      https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(19)30504-2?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS1550413119305042%3Fshowall%3Dtrue
      · 5 replies
      1. Charlessmott

        https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/butterfly-crib-bedding/

      2. Orchids&Dragons

        Wow, I am nowhere-near smart enough to read that article! 😉

      3. Charlessmott

        https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/lounge-pillow-with-arms/

      4. JerryDew

        https://www.ivoox.com/geminis-ver-pelicula-online-completas-espanol-gratis-audios-mp3_rf_42954936_1.html

      5. JerryDew

        https://www.ivoox.com/geminis-ver-pelicula-online-completas-espanol-gratis-audios-mp3_rf_42954936_1.html

    • GreenTealael  »  seaforest

      🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥CONGRATULATIONS🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
      · 2 replies
      1. ShannaLeany

        https://www.yaplakal.com

      2. ShannaLeany

        https://www.yaplakal.com

    • gn3476  »  TxStar09

      Hi, congrats on your surgery!  Saw you went to Dr. Pleatman.  I've been between doing the Lap Band and sleeve.  I was suppose to have a consultation with Dr. Pleatman this month.  So far great experience with his office coordinator Carrie (sp?).   Feeling really scared and nervous about getting the sleeve.  If you can share...how was your experience with Dr. Pleatman's office and the surgery?   Thanks!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • LadyVS

      I'm not new, I was an active Lapbander from: 
      JOINED
      March 4, 2013   LAST VISITED
      February 6, 2017 Here I am on October 4, 2019 thinking back over my Lapband journey and how I thought I would be banded for life. Unfortunately, I have been sick for some time, and am on medications; and well my weight has constantly slowly increased. I was 225 pounds when I had my Lapband surgery on Dec. 17, 2010. At least my weight hasn't reached 210. I have been fluctuating between 202-206. For that, I'm grateful. I'm just excited to be able to have another tool to assist me with my weight loss journey. I'm not looking forward to the liquid stage, however.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×