Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I saw a celebrity tonight while at dinner

It's like HELLO I live in the capital of Celebrity sightings. But this was pretty cool.

My sweetie, John, and I were eating at a favorite restaurant of ours. We were talking and in the middle of conversation John gets this surprised look on his face. I ask what he is looking at. He says, "Rupert, from Survivor just sat down behind you." I said, "NO WAY!"

So we finish our meal. Pay the check and then stop at their table and say HI. He is skinnier and still the same Rupert. Very polite and seemed embarrassed by the attention. We were quick to say our hello's and then let them get back to their dinners.

It was really cool.

I told you he was a nice fellow. I wish you would have sent him regards from me. I wonder if he remembers me and his experience in Oregon? I totally idolize him... I loved him on the show and was rooting for him on both episodes. Anyway cool that you got to meet him. What is going on with the get together at your place in March? Also I was wondering if you had any spare time to help me find good cheap travel tickets. I want to go somewhere warm and tropical for a week ANYTIME this year but on a budget. I don't really care where but was thinking Mexico (flight and hotel), Hawaii (just flight-we have family to stay with there), or Florida? I don't know... Just somewhere where we could relax enjoy the sun and have a good time with lots of Water and snorkeling. If your too busy, just say so. I am going to try to get in and chat with a travel agent tomorrow. I looked at all the websites I could find but nothing jumped out at me. I won't get the money in hand to pay for it for a couple of weeks anyway. I sure miss hanging out with you, Lisa and the Vegas gang. It seems so long ago... Best wishes, Teresa

P.S. I tried to download one of those adorable tickers the other day but couldn't figure out how to get it in my signature. Any ideas?

That is so cool that you both saw such a nice guy, out living a normal life, even though he's now financially secure. Isn't it great to see a regular guy make big, but still be nice?

Teresa, you can click on anyone's ticker tape and it will take you to the website to create your own, then you cut and paste it under your LBT user CP. If that's not explained clearly enough, a search for ticker tapes will give you a more detailed instructions. You really need to do yours to show your fantastic progress!

I tried to do one once but since I am still a long ways from goal it really didn't look to far along. I will try to do it again. I basically got all the way designing my last one and went to my user cp and tried to paste the link into my signature. When I went to look at it, it just had the letters and numbers to the link but not the actual ticker. I knew I had done something wrong. I was astounded when I was off for a couple of weeks, came back and the forum was FULL of tickers. WOW! Anyway thanks for the info Marie. Best wishes, Teresa

It will just be a bunch of letters in your post, but when u actually post it it will be the ticker...if u click preview signature you will see it does work...use the codes for the vbulletin...Good Luck and pm me if u need help....

My dh saw Charo at the airport this week. He said she's still one hot granny and was disappointed she didn't "Kuchi Kuchi" for him, LOL!!!

Once, about 6 years ago, I saw Alec Baldwin in line at the K-mart, of all places. He was one person behind me, and was wearing a football jersey, sunglasses and a baseball cap. I just knew it was him, the whole time I kept glancing his way, checking him out from head to toe, he was buying sunscreen and beach towels. At one point he actually said, " How ya doin', babe." It was cinched when I went out the store there was a white stretch limo waiting for him right in front. I was in a daze for a while after "the sighting!" He was HOT!

Later, I heard that he and Kim Bassinger lived about 50 miles away on a ranch in Mississippi.

So happy with small thrills!