Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

5'2", ♀️10m PO, maintaining 114.8 lbs

Had a couple gal pals drop by after lunch yesterday afternoon and I set out a little spread of Snacks along with the coffee to serve 'em. Too bad I partook a little too much in the snacks cuz I had another dumping episode and had a painful poop then had to lay down and nap for a few hours. That's THREE dumpings in the past 7 days! Geez.

Menu for Yesterday, Wed Aug 28:

Totals: 2185 cals - 115g protein - 130g NET carbs - 125g fat

• 9:00am (4 cals)
  • 11:30pm (291 cals)
    • salad greens + jalapeño + vinaigrette
    • pan fried sirloin steak in butter
    • roasted vegetables
  • 1:30pm (403 cals)
    • cottage cheese + blueberries + pumpkin seeds + black pepper
    • salad greens + vinaigrette
    • pan fried sirloin steak in butter
    • 1 dark chocolate square
  • 4:30pm (740 cals)
    • 10 wheat thins w/ peppercorn pâté
    • 1½ cups Chicago mix popcorn
    • 2 Peek Freans fruit Creme Biscuits
    • 200g chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Frozen Dessert (i.e., fake ice cream)
    • 1 dark chocolate square
  • 11:45pm (748 cals)
    • ½ cup clam chowder
    • 100g sweet potato & paneer curry
    • 25g beef Jerky
    • cottage cheese + blueberries + pumpkin seeds + black pepper
    • 2 dark chocolate squares

Yesterday's Exercise:

• 3k run
  • 15 min strength training (arms)

Dang!!! Sorry about the dumping!!! ((hugs)) Your menu sounds amazing and like a crap ton of food! *drool*

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

a crap ton of food

Yeah, "crap" being the operative word. I started the day off pretty well, but it was downhill from afternoon snacks...not the healthiest choices, and I paid for it.

Now the thing is I KNOW I will feel crappy when I eat crap. Yet I still try to put some in me for the sake of calories, cuz its a real effort to get the same amount of calories & fat with healthier food.

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, "crap" being the operative word. I started the day off pretty well, but it was downhill from afternoon snacks...not the healthiest choices, and I paid for it.

Now the thing is I KNOW I will feel crappy when I eat crap. Yet I still try to put some in me for the sake of calories, cuz its a real effort to get the same amount of calories & fat with healthier food.

So you dumped between the afternoon snack and your 11:45pm dinner? Or you dumped in the middle of the night?

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

So you dumped between the afternoon snack and your 11:45pm dinner? Or you dumped in the middle of the night?

After the snack and before the dinner.

(had a 4+ hour nap after the dumping)

Yikes! :(

So...this would be exhausting, but what would happen with 6 meals rather than 5? And 1 or 2 of those meals are a Protein Bar like a Robert Irvine one that has lots of cals (300cals/bar) and is made from "better" ingredients?

Like you eat the snack after working out and make it have 25-30g of Protein in it?

@ms.sss When I was in Ajax we stopped at costco and they carry Popcorner “chips” . (My Costco doesn’t carry them) I ordered some from Amazon. They are a decent choice when you feel like eating processed stuff. I like the kettle corn because it satisfies sweet and savory. They also carry a line called flex that has Protein and another organic one I think. I don’t think I’ve ever had dumping so I can’t vouch for this product regarding that.

This is from their website. (Kettle corn)

Never fried. Verified non-GMO. Kosher. Certified gluten-free. No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. 120 calories/serving. 0 grams trans fat. No nuts. No dairy. Vegan.

Here is a link to their site

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Yikes! :(

So...this would be exhausting, but what would happen with 6 meals rather than 5? And 1 or 2 of those meals are a Protein Bar like a Robert Irvine one that has lots of cals (300cals/bar) and is made from "better" ingredients?

Like you eat the snack after working out and make it have 25-30g of Protein in it?

Sometimes I do end up having 6 "meals" a day, but man, its work. Even 4-5 is effort.

Unfortunately, not a big fan of Protein candy bars (and that Robert Irvine line looks like it has a lot of saturated fats...although who am I kidding? I am a pork-rind-a-holic).

I bought a big bag of avocados from costco today, and also a bag each of of roasted black pepper & red pepper cashews from my fave Indian take-out place this afternoon, so I've got some good high fat/high calorie Snacks on hand :). I need to make sure I always have more appropriate snacks around so that I don't end up eating the crap around the house. Now, why do I keep crap in the house, you ask? Well, I'm not the only person who lives here, and they like their crap.

3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

@ms.sss When I was in Ajax we stopped at costco and they carry Popcorner “chips” . (My costco doesn’t carry them) I ordered some from Amazon. They are a decent choice when you feel like eating processed stuff. I like the kettle corn because it satisfies sweet and savory. They also carry a line called flex that has Protein and another organic one I think. I don’t think I’ve ever had dumping so I can’t vouch for this product regarding that.

This is from their website. (Kettle corn)

Never fried. Verified non-GMO. Kosher. Certified gluten-free. No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. 120 calories/serving. 0 grams trans fat. No nuts. No dairy. Vegan.

Here is a link to their site

Haha, I have the kettle corn popcorner in my pantry right now :) The kid loves it. Too many carbs for my liking though, and the comparative percentage of fat and Protein is too low.

The Flex line is promising, due of the protein content, at least....will see if I can find that locally and report back!

@ms.sss, since you are into salads, what about full fat dressings? I love premium ranch as a veggie dip, or on a salad.< /span>

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

@ms.sss, since you are into salads, what about full fat dressings? I love premium ranch as a veggie dip, or on a salad.< /span>

Ya, I'm a vinaigrette kinda gal (but I do love blue cheese dip! maybe not as Salad Dressing though) I have increased the sesame oil and olive oil ratio in my recipe :) but I still make it with stevia or Monk Fruit for sweetener...

Hey! I just want to say that I recently tried the lettuce wrapped chicken tacos on the skinnylicious menu at the Cheesecake Factory and oh my god!! They are AMAZING! 250 calories for 3 tacos and they taste SOOOO good. I've already gone 4 times this week just for them!

That's all I wanna say, thanks for hearing me out! :D:D:D

13 hours ago, ms.sss said:

cups Chicago mix popcorn

I suggested Popcorners since you had this listed, I thought it would be a good swap.

I think I'm going to start adding to this when i can as well, i have slacked off so much with my food and have eaten crap for sake of emotional/period eating and i'm at a stand still for weight loss. I'm 6 months out from sleeve. Here is what i ate yesterday, 8/29. It was my day off and i slept in so i didn't eat until 11 am. This was MUCH better than bingeing (sp?) Wednesday on pizza and some brownie from pizza hut. :(

Your Food Diary For:

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Breakfast Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g
Add Food
snack 1
Add Food
lunch
Nutilight - Protein + Hazelnut Spread - sugar free, 2 Tbsp 120 16 9 6 10 0
Lindora - pretzels, 1 bag 120 11 3 12 320 1
Add Food 240 27 12 18 330 1
Snack 2
Perky Jerky - Turkey Original, 2 oz (28g) 160 16 1 20 700 14
Private Selection Slow Roasted Pecans - pecans w/ sea salt, 28 gram 200 4 21 3 120 1
Classic Easy banana bread Recipe with SPLENDA, 1 serving(s) 194 28 9 4 199 6
Add Food 554 48 31 27 1,019 21
dinner
Cheese - Gouda, 0.5 oz 50 0 4 4 116 0
Tony Packo's - Pickles and Peppers- Sweet Hots, 1 oz. (2 chunks) 33 8 0 0 255 7
Laura. Lean Beef - Hamburger, 2 oz 80 0 5 11 35 0
Add Food 163 8 9 15 406 7
Snack 3
Classic Easy Banana Bread Recipe with SPLENDA, 0.33 serving(s) 65 9 3 1 66 2
Add Food 65 9 3 1 66 2
Totals 1,022 92 55 61 1,821 31
Your Daily Goal 1,000 50 32 128 2,300 47
Remaining -22 -42 -23 67 479 16

OMG, I just found this. I love these ideas. Though my meal(s) aren't as exciting.

Breakfast: coffee/1/2 caramel Protein

Snack: 2 beef Jerky pieces

Lunch: 5oz pot roast only meat

snack: 2 beef jerky pieces

Supper: probably 3 chips w/guacamole (good fat)

That's a normal day for me, I don't even compare.