Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

5'2", ♀️10m PO, maintaining 115.6 lbs

Yesterday, Sun Aug 25: I swear, I felt like I was eating NON-STOP yesterday.

Btw, another Spoiler Alert: I didn't even attempt the planned 10K run this morning, I woke up super-unnaturally tired and achy and meh despite the calorie and carb increase yesterday (Yeah the carbs were still on the low-ish side for a regular balanced diet, but not for me)

This got me to thinking to another possible reason as to why I've been feeling so unenergetic/tired/un-10K-runnable: Keto Flu! I went from being super carbaholic for over a week and then back to 30-40g daily carbs. Sooooo, modifying my experiment: will keep carbs at a level I know I like (while still upping cals in form of fats) and see if this lethargy passes in a few more days and the 10K comes back to me...

Yesterday's Menu:

Totals: 1910 cals - 112g protein - 70g NET carbs - 111g fat

• 9:30am (2 cals)
    • 1 black coffee w/ ½ packet of Stevia
  • 11:40am (560 cals)
    • salad greens + 37g cucumber + low-cal vinaigrette
    • 87g pan fried chicken
    • 2 slices bacon
    • 50g cashews
  • 1:35pm (157 cals)
    • salad greens + balsamic vinaigrette
    • 1½ tsp roasted pine nuts
    • 3 calamari rings
  • 2:45pm (368 cals)
    • 2 chicken wings w/ apple butter BBQ Sauce
    • 2 carrot sticks w/ ranch dip
    • ½ pecan butter tart
    • black coffee
  • 6:30pm (284 cals)
    • ½ tsp wasabi + 1½ tsp soy sauce
    • 32g seaweed salad
    • sashimi: 1*salmon + 1*scallop + 1*blue fin + 2*hamachi + 3*sweet shrimp + 4*masago
  • 7:30pm (360 cals)
    • 50g cucumber + 2½ tbsp cream cheese + 1 slice bacon
    • ½ stalk celery + 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 8:00pm (180 cals)
    • 2 shots of Rose Gin

Yesterday's Exercise:

• 15m strength training (arms)
  • 15m strength training (core & butt)

I think that's absolutely possible. I also think that maybe you could have "carb hangover" from your Desserts?

44 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I think that's absolutely possible. I also think that maybe you could have "carb hangover" from your Desserts?

You're right, that's probably another contributor...ah carbs...like a high-maintenance boyfriend.

16 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

You're right, that's probably another contributor...ah carbs...like a high-maintenance boyfriend.

IKR? I know when I eat higher carb, I feel like crap the next day. Aches, and so so lethargic. Like there's no way I can do my "ralking". And so I just walk slowly for my time frame. It's very weird. And that's the only thing I can think of contributing to it?

On 08/25/2019 at 18:41, Orchids&Dragons said:

What is a flow class?

Sorry. Should have explained more.
It’s a type of Pilates class that has to contain certain basic moves and elements.
1.5 is the middle level.
No way I’m trying a level 2 class til I get a bit more weight off.

5'2", ♀️10m PO, maintaining 115.1 lbs

Yesterday, Mon Aug 26: I was super tired all day yesterday and aside from doing some grocery shopping and errands (and doing regular house stuff), I spent most of my time sitting/laying down. I even had an unintentional 4 hour nap on the couch after dinner, and was still tired enough to conk out at midnight for an uninterrupted sleep overnight. Interestingly, I was also feeling hungrier than normal yesterday (or maybe not hungrier, maybe I just was in the mood to eat since I was couch potato-ing...?) Felt like another day of all-day eating.

*Also had a dumping episode about 30 mins after the protien ice cream eating from below. Which makes me wonder why I didn't dump at all during vacay when I was eating waaaay more sugar/crap than my measly Protein ice cream portion last night..???

Yesterday's Menu:

Totals: 1743 cals - 139g protein - 56g NET carbs - 86g fat

• 10:00am (3 cals)
  • 11:00am (624 cals)
    • * ate about 1/2 of this *
    • 65g chia pudding with Protein Powder, blueberries, pumpkins seeds & 1tbsp almond butter
    • salad greens & cucumber w/ homemade vinaigrette
    • 30g cheddar cheese
    • 100g pan-fried chicken
  • 12:30pm
    • * ate rest of 11am meal *
  • 2:00pm (97 cals)
    • black coffee
    • 2 wheat thins with some peppercorn pate
    • 1 square of dark chocolate
  • 5:00pm (295 cals)
    • 1 fl oz Rose Gin
    • salad greens & yellow peppers & jalepenos w/ homemade vinaigrette
    • 1 tbsp fried sweet onions in butter & olive oil
    • 15g cheddar cheese
    • 60g grilled sirloin steak
  • 11:40pm (724 cals)
    • * ate all this over a 2½ period...dunno why, really just felt like eating *
    • 100g grilled sirloin steak
    • 52g peppercorn pate w/ 50g beef Jerky "chips
    • ¾ protein ice cream

Yesterday's Exercise:

• NONE. Planned 10K attempt was a no-go. :(

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

5'2", ♀️10m PO, maintaining 115.1 lbs

Yesterday, Mon Aug 26: I was super tired all day yesterday and aside from doing some grocery shopping and errands (and doing regular house stuff), I spent most of my time sitting/laying down. I even had an unintentional 4 hour nap on the couch after dinner, and was still tired enough to conk out at midnight for an uninterrupted sleep overnight. Interestingly, I was also feeling hungrier than normal yesterday (or maybe not hungrier, maybe I just was in the mood to eat since I was couch potato-ing...?) Felt like another day of all-day eating.

*Also had a dumping episode about 30 mins after the protien ice cream eating from below. Which makes me wonder why I didn't dump at all during vacay when I was eating waaaay more sugar/crap than my measly Protein ice cream portion last night..???

Yesterday's Menu:

Totals: 1743 cals - 139g protein - 56g NET carbs - 86g fat

• 10:00am (3 cals)
  • 11:00am (624 cals)
    • * ate about 1/2 of this *
    • 65g chia pudding with Protein Powder, blueberries, pumpkins seeds & 1tbsp almond butter
    • salad greens & cucumber w/ homemade vinaigrette
    • 30g cheddar cheese
    • 100g pan-fried chicken
  • 12:30pm
    • * ate rest of 11am meal *
  • 2:00pm (97 cals)
    • black coffee
    • 2 wheat thins with some peppercorn pate
    • 1 square of dark chocolate
  • 5:00pm (295 cals)
    • 1 fl oz Rose Gin
    • 15g cheddar cheese
    • 60g grilled sirloin steak
  • 11:40pm (724 cals)
    • * ate all this over a 2½ period...dunno why, really just felt like eating *
    • 100g grilled sirloin steak
    • 52g peppercorn pate w/ 50g beef Jerky "chips
    • ¾ Protein ice cream

Yesterday's Exercise:

• NONE. Planned 10K attempt was a no-go. :(

Any idea of your Iron levels? I have chronically low iron and I get hungrier and tired if I skip taking supplements. I take a ferrous iron everyday and it really helps.

Just a thought!

2 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Any idea of your Iron levels? I have chronically low Iron and I get hungrier and tired if I skip taking supplements. I take a ferrous iron everyday and it really helps.

Just a thought!

Nah, at my 9m follow up (last month) the nurse said my iron levels were “excellent”. I was however, still a little low on Vitamin A (better than at 3 months, but still low) so am continue with those supplements until they check me again at 1yr mark. Also my B12 was still too high so I now take my 2500 B12 pill every 4 weeks instead of every 2.

Weird, my B12 was too high also. Wonder if that is s thing.

11 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Weird, my B12 was too high also. Wonder if that is s thing.

Dunno...but the nurse (and google) tell me high B12 levels is not that common. Apparently prolonged B12 increased levels is not a good thing, which is why they keep checking. I've been high since 3 months post op, and still am as of last month, but the levels have been decreasing, so that's a good thing, i guess. I went from taking my 2500 B12 every 5 days to every 4 weeks....am wondering if I should just get off of them altogether.

Edited by ms.sss

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Dunno...but the nurse (and google) tell me high B12 levels is not that common. Apparently prolonged B12 increased levels is not a good thing, which is why they keep checking. I've been high since 3 months post op, and still am as of last month, but the levels have been decreasing, so that's a good thing, i guess. I went from taking my 2500 B12 every 5 days to every 4 weeks....am wondering if I should just get off of them altogether.

My RD told me that for most of us a high B12 is a false reading due to our supplementation. And many patients don't stop their Vitamins before testing. I was told by her to stop 1 day before so you skip the day before the test. Then test that day, and take your vits after the test. But I'd heard from vets on another board that you should stop them for 3 days before testing in order to see accurate (more) Vitamin levels. I think it's not something most surgeons wig out about if you don't have other symptoms?

@ms.sss I take 500mg per day hon. I use the Celebrate sublingual kind. And my B12 is always high.

Edited by FluffyChix

5'2", ♀️10m PO, maintaining 115.0 lbs

Yesterday, Tues Aug 27: Another no-energy day yesterday. Slept in until 11:30am, which is unheard of for me. Also had another marathon nap which resulted in not eating too much due to limited waking hours...had to down a Protein Shake made with full fat milk and WHIPPING CREAM in an attempt for some calories and fat. I thought I was coming down with something, but I woke up this morning feeling pretty refreshed and manged to go for a run...a short 3k one, but a run nonetheless.

Yesterday's Menu:

Totals: 712 cals - 57g protein - 22g NET carbs - 44g fat

Yesterday's Exercise:

• NONE.

Edited by ms.sss

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I was told by her to stop 1 day before so you skip the day before the test. Then test that day, and take your vits after the test. But I'd heard from vets on another board that you should stop them for 3 days before testing in order to see accurate (more) Vitamin levels.

hmmm...I'll need to go back and check if I took my B12 close to my tests...if I did, that would probably explain some since my pills are 2500mg each. Nurse suggested I get the 500mg ones for easier distribution, but I hate to waste the bottle that I have. 🤔

I’m still figuring out maintenance and found myself really low on calories tonight so I made myself half a Peanut Butter sandwich. That was one of the best things I’ve had in awhile.

I have a normal physical Friday, I’ll ask my Doctor about B12 too.

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

found myself really low on calories tonight so I made myself half a Peanut Butter sandwich

Sometimes when I find myself low cal by nighttime, I'll have some nut butters too. Or nuts. Or some Pork rinds. Or dark chocolate squares....