Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so I’m totally behind the idea of a fashion intervention thread!
okay, so I’ve ordered a new (new for me anyway, still pre-owned from eBay) dress  and 2 pair of boots.
I’m impatiently waiting for both to arrive—fingers crossed they get here by Thursday— and then I’ll need advice on which boots to wear with the outfit.

I think we need a Facebook group, it would be so much easier to follow.

What to wear after WLS

Speaking of fashion, I spent a big part of the day finally going through all my stuff from years past.
I’ve sorted and I’m kind of sad because I know the great majority will end up at goodwill.
Not saying that’s a bad thing, but I really wish there was a way I could give it all (and I honestly wouldn’t ask for money for it) to someone just having surgery and a size or two bigger than my old clothes so they’d have some stuff to wear while they transition.

I did keep one pair of size 22 pants and xxl top that I wore last year during the holidays.
The pants I’m keeping bc I can remember not being able to zip them up easily last July when I hit my 10-year HW of 259. I had zero shorts, or capris, or dresses or anything. It was a billion degrees outside and I had crammed myself in these cargo-style ankle pants and tried to pretend I wasn’t miserable.

I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner last night, but I clearly remember last July 4th when the realization that I’d gotten so fat that I had about 10 things to wear almost crushed me. I couldn’t wait for the holiday to just be over so I could start this journey.
That was after almost 6 months dithering and researching WLS and deciding yet again to diet and exercise on my own. Cause you know.... that method was so successful for all of us.

The top I’m keeping there’s a photo of me in it from Christmas Eve 2018.
Probably one of 3 photos I allowed to be taken of me in the last couple of years.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time going through all of that stuff which kind of felt like a combo between a root canal and counseling session with my therapist.

8 hours ago, elcee said:

I think we need a Facebook group, it would be so much easier to follow.

What to wear after WLS

No thanks, I don't do Facebook personally for good reasons, and for me at least the beauty of the forum is that it is anon and everyone doesn't need to know everyone else's beeswax 24/7

This site has been brilliant for me to research and get masses of "real life" information and experience and to get to terms with where I am going without any judgement or comment from anyone else. I already am very much admiring of some of the people here and their amazing journeys.. some choose to say/show who they are, some don't and I totally respect that.

Just MHO of course :)

Yeah I get that. It’s just the functionality frustrates me sometimes. It’s so hard to reply to things and also annoying when a picture has to be copied and pasted a gazillion times so we know which outfit we are talking about.

1 minute ago, elcee said:

Yeah I get that. It’s just the functionality frustrates me sometimes. It’s so hard to reply to things and also annoying when a picture has to be copied and pasted a gazillion times so we know which outfit we are talking about.

Yeah, I hear you, the multiple quoting with images does get a bit much, but I figure it is worth wading through as this site is amazing, not so great on phone as computer though.

Good morning all. I was up already dressed, and drinking my cup of coffee. Then I realized I didn’t feel comfortable in what I was wearing, so I changed my top. The first picture is what I changed out of. I have been liking the darker colors lately. Have a great day everyone.

43691D05-E8E1-4E66-B7D0-2A6E01BF3319.jpeg

8E430AA0-A1E5-4727-B530-CEBC8E925DFC.jpeg

So I have posted pictures with my daughter. She is 10. I know this isn’t clothing related, but you are the group I want to share this with. This morning she is making her lunch, being a typical 10 year old only child, she wants to be just like mommy. Instead of her usual sandwich that I make her, she is making herself meat and cheese roll ups like I have. She makes sure her water bottle is full before we leave. Last night she wanted my size plate. I always lay out our plates for dinner. It looks like a baby plate, mama plate(which is for my daughter) and daddy large plate. But I always take the baby plate. I love that she recognizes the healthy stuff I’ve made a habit. I hope she never has to go through the weight issues we have all had, by starting out on the right foot.

2 hours ago, DaisyChainOz said:

No thanks, I don't do Facebook personally for good reasons, and for me at least the beauty of the forum is that it is anon and everyone doesn't need to know everyone else's beeswax 24/7

This site has been brilliant for me to research and get masses of "real life" information and experience and to get to terms with where I am going without any judgement or comment from anyone else. I already am very much admiring of some of the people here and their amazing journeys.. some choose to say/show who they are, some don't and I totally respect that.

Just MHO of course :)

I am on several private Facebook groups. Their posts are not open to the public, only the "Cover Page" that explains the purpose of the group. You have to be admitted to the forum by an administrator and can be kicked out, as well. I just asked to be admitted to another one for bariatric recipes yesterday. You do, however, have to use your real Facebook name.

The only downside to forums like that is that someone has to have the time/willingness to be the admin.

12 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Speaking of fashion, I spent a big part of the day finally going through all my stuff from years past.
I’ve sorted and I’m kind of sad because I know the great majority will end up at goodwill.
Not saying that’s a bad thing, but I really wish there was a way I could give it all (and I honestly wouldn’t ask for money for it) to someone just having surgery and a size or two bigger than my old clothes so they’d have some stuff to wear while they transition.

I did keep one pair of size 22 pants and xxl top that I wore last year during the holidays.
The pants I’m keeping bc I can remember not being able to zip them up easily last July when I hit my 10-year HW of 259. I had zero shorts, or capris, or dresses or anything. It was a billion degrees outside and I had crammed myself in these cargo-style ankle pants and tried to pretend I wasn’t miserable.

I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner last night, but I clearly remember last July 4th when the realization that I’d gotten so fat that I had about 10 things to wear almost crushed me. I couldn’t wait for the holiday to just be over so I could start this journey.
That was after almost 6 months dithering and researching WLS and deciding yet again to diet and exercise on my own. Cause you know.... that method was so successful for all of us.

Probably one of 3 photos I allowed to be taken of me in the last couple of years.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time going through all of that stuff which kind of felt like a combo between a root canal and counseling session with my therapist.

Hey Sherri - now I know where you’ve been posting! I’m going to jump on this outfit of the day bandwagon. I actually love shopping now and I loathed it before. I feel so cute and sexy now! Can’t wait to see some of your outfits!

Hi everybody! I am new to this thread. Never have I ever wanted to post pictures of myself in any outfit! Much less on a public forum! But I’m so excited that I really feel good about myself. Here are a couple of pictures from the last day or two. The jeans I bought in the juniors section at Dillard’s (unbelievable for me - woo hoo!) and the dress I ordered from Amazon. I absolutely love shopping now and I just can’t get enough!

39575EF1-2B99-47BA-887C-177A3904863F.jpeg

9AFCC93B-E80A-4FB5-B499-BD1BBF197883.png

659ABA0F-4CFB-4453-8290-1D8F22EF1279.jpeg

9145490E-BB78-4F7D-B3A0-7D492D6E2B3E.jpeg

AEBE6F8C-9483-4952-901D-7ABD33D7795C.jpeg

12 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Sheri - To your point there should be some kind of clothing exchange we can set up. I feel the exact same way! I had just bought a bunch of clothes a few months before surgery which are still new with tags. I’m going to try to sell some of them online or donate them like you are suggesting. Painful to see all of that money wasted but I wouldn’t trade being thinner for any of that.

16 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

Hi everybody! I am new to this thread. Never have I ever wanted to post pictures of myself in any outfit! Much less on a public forum! But I’m so excited that I really feel good about myself. Here are a couple of pictures from the last day or two. The jeans I bought in the juniors section at Dillard’s (unbelievable for me - woo hoo!) and the dress I ordered from Amazon. I absolutely love shopping now and I just can’t get enough!

Welcome! You look amazing! Great legs! I'd show those off every day if I were you!

On 10/01/2019 at 11:34, Orchids&Dragons said:

Welcome! You look amazing! Great legs! I'd show those off every day if I were you!

Aren’t Anna’s legs AMAZING?

Welcome to this thread! It’s my fave and I LOVE all the looks,advice,and support here.

Okay so this is a Uber-casual OOTD.

This was from earlier this morning as I was heading out for my dexa scan. knew it was going to be cold, lol

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

I love you guys! My legs scared me to death when I first started losing weight. It was quite shocking how thin they looked but I have definitely learned to appreciate them!

Your Definitely rock in that athleisure Sheri! Looking good!