Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Emergency Surgery Just Now

So sorry. Please get better fast!

Good grief!!! This has been one heck of a week around here....

Fluffy, I always knew you would make that #3 weightloss goal one way or another, but damn THIS is some outside the box dedication girl!!! ACK!!! 😮

Seriously though, I am so glad you are feeling better and recovering well @FluffyChix. 💙

18 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

@FluffyChix so sorry you have had to go through this! But I'm glad to see you have retained your sense of humor and positive attitude!

No other way to do it! My team made this nbd—done in 45 mins. Doc said that I came in at the perfect time. My small intestine had slipped through the hernia and congregated up on my spleen and twisted, but because I acted so swiftly there was no bowel death or infection and that both blood supplies were still operating free and clear! Moral of the story is should you feel sudden intense pain with or without, don’t d**k around. Call your surgeon or leave message for him and go to the er where he practices! I couldn’t make the hour drive cuz of pain so they had to transfer by ambulance and that was a huge waiting game and pia!!! ((Hugs))

3 minutes ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Good grief!!! This has been one heck of a week around here....

Fluffy, I always knew you would make that #3 weightloss goal one way or another, but damn THIS is some outside the box dedication girl!!! ACK!!! 😮

Seriously though, I am so glad you are feeling better and recovering well @FluffyChix. 💙

IKR? That’s what my surgeon said with a laugh!!!

wow, I hope you feel better soon! Take good care x

13 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Seems I had a serious case of the fomos this week with @GreenTealael having her upcoming VSG to RNY surgery for GERD and @Alex Brecher having his RNY reversal for bowel obstructions/necrosis. I just had to wrap up a pending tri-fecta! LOL

OH my gosh, I haven't even read your entire post...I was so shocked by seeing the subject line and it NOT being Alex's thread..and saw your name..and I thought "what in the world is going on to our people??!!"

LOL - now i need to go back and read your thread. @FluffyChix , @Orchids&Dragonsand @Frustr8 - you are THREE of my fave ppl on these forums...and there are many many others that I already feel invested in...like part of a family. Frustr8 & Orchids&Dragons - you both are NOT allowed to have 'require' sudden emergency surgery/etc., ok?

Edited by KarenLR75
Forgot Orchids!!

12 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

What I thought was a serious case of food poisoning — or as I like to say, “When good refrigerator roulette goes bad”...was actually a sudden onset of internal hernia with twisted gut. It came on so quickly Sunday night and by Tuesday I couldn’t eat. And Wednesday ended up curled up on a cold tile (filthy) floor in the ER convinced I was dying, moaning, sweating profusely and making quite a spectacle! My only regret is I didn’t have a tip jar handy to earn a few quarters!!

I LOVE your sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I couldn’t make the hour drive cuz of pain so they had to transfer by ambulance and that was a huge waiting game and pia!!! ((Hugs))

OH my gosh, logistical nightmare! Been through that once...crazy, crazy, especially while in pain/agony although I get the sense that you still cracked jokes ;) Love it!

Omg!!! FluffyChix!!! I'm so glad you are good and in recovery! I'm sincerely flabbergasted!! It's been a week!
Wishing you a speedy recovery and I am so glad you acted swiftly!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You soooo funneh! Was it open surgery or laproscopic?

On a side note: When i was in the hospital during surgery, there was another guy in my room who had had surgery for a twisted intestine. He was a healthy kid in college. So even if it's more common in bariatric patients, twisted gut still happens to normies.

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Hi y’all! Fair warning, I’m posting PUI (posting under the influence) right now! 😳🥳🤩🤪🥰😂🤣😅😇

Seems I had a serious case of the fomos this week with @GreenTealael having her upcoming VSG to RNY surgery for GERD and @Alex Brecher having his RNY reversal for bowel obstructions/necrosis. I just had to wrap up a pending tri-fecta! LOL

What I thought was a serious case of food poisoning — or as I like to say, “When good refrigerator roulette goes bad”...was actually a sudden onset of internal hernia with twisted gut. It came on so quickly Sunday night and by Tuesday I couldn’t eat. And Wednesday ended up curled up on a cold tile (filthy) floor in the ER convinced I was dying, moaning, sweating profusely and making quite a spectacle! My only regret is I didn’t have a tip jar handy to earn a few quarters!!

It’s a risk of WLS that is part of less than 3% total for complications after surgery—so no need to fear complications from WLS. To put in perspective that 3% is lower than the national averages for all sorts of surgeries!!!

I’m 17 months out from RNY and was just so super surprised by this new development! But initial surgery went very well! I went into surgery at 12 midnight and was back in my room after recovery by 3:45am! Woot! I have a rockstar surgeon and team who were able to do it all laporoscopically!

She said if I play my cards right and am able to eat something later today and get my walking in that I can probably go home late this afternoon! Yeah, baybee!!!

Now I just have to proactively start medicating to guard against having a Rosemary’s Baby sort of post op poo! 😞😥

i’m so grateful to everyone and for our Bariatric Pal Family! Thanks Alex for creating such a special place!

(Oh and I don’t recommend doing it this way, but this morning was back to being only 3.4lbs away from final Goal #3 of 130lbs!!! Woohoo! With my post op plan progression in place I expect to shed this post surgical Fluid weight gain in a couple of weeks and reach Goal #3!)

Sucks you had to go through such pain but glad you've been fixed up and are healing.

You post really well for being medicated lol.

I am so very sorry that you experienced this! Especially since you do so very well sticking to plan. You have worked so hard to get where you are and I appreciate you sharing your journey with us.

Godspeed on your recovery. ((( hugs)))

Oh my, talk about ruffled feathers! Fluffy Chix do take the best of care. Wishing you a smooth and calm recovery after this ordeal... ;]

LOL

20 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ha! It’s like karma is tellin me how much a 56 yr young woman with wrinkly skin has no beeswax wearin a bikini top! *snort*

We r gonna slay this summer girl and I can’t wait until you wake up from surgery without GERD! That stuff is miserable and you’ve been handling it like a rockstar and with absence of whining! 🥳 (pssst that should totally be a title of a John Grisham novel!!!) 🎉🎉

Saying prayers for you my friend!!! And FYI I’m firmly on the Solidarity Train with you and your preop liquid diet. Think I have a few days of clears then move to full liquids for a week or two. Dunno the post progression plan yet. Will get that info today. ((Hugs))

LOL summer is gonna get the bodies we give it!

Prayers for both you @FluffyChix and @Alex Brecher, y'all are both handling it with grace and courage.

I, however, plan to set aside a few days just for misery & such to just cry like a baby if I need to... A big angry baby 😁

7 hours ago, Krestel said:

You soooo funneh! Was it open surgery or laproscopic?

On a side note: When i was in the hospital during surgery, there was another guy in my room who had had surgery for a twisted intestine. He was a healthy kid in college. So even if it's more common in bariatric patients, twisted gut still happens to normies.

Wow! I did not know that Mormons (SERIOUS LOL at autocorrect! I typed “normies” *snort*) could get twisted guts!!! It honestly is the most pain I ever remembered!!

i was fortunate to get to my bariatric surgeon who knew what it was immediately and took action-saving my bowels and blood supply!! She put in 5 or 6 ports and did it laparoscopically lucky for me. The doc at the other hospital wanted to do it open! 😳🤪😥😲🥴

Edited by FluffyChix