Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need more food ideas for soft food stage

I was hoping people have more choices for the soft food stage? Also is there something i can do to lose more this month? Im one month out and seems like i stall for 4 days then lose a pound and stall again. Any advise is welcomed!

Search for a website called the world according to eggface. She is a wls patient and has shared many excellent food ideas and recipes for each stage.

If you are sticking to plan there really isn’t much more you can do to lose more weight. Everyone loses at their own pace. We all want instant gratification but, slow and steady wins the race ;)

Also is there something i can do to lose more this month? Im one month out and seems like i stall for 4 days then lose apound and stall again. Any advise is welcomed!

I'm not a doctor and not a nutritionist, but I like math. What you're saying doesn't sound mathematically unreasonable, if I'm interpreting correctly (weight drops a pound every ~4 days or so). So, let's consider the basics and the math:

First off: Are you tracking your food with a calorie tracker (I use myfitnesspal)? When I don't for a while, and then I start again, I often find I'm eating more than I mean to. If you are tracking, then you should have a good idea of what you're putting in to your body, which is half of the equation.

Based on an arbitrarily chosen TDEE calculator (https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=32&g=female&lbs=210&in=64&act=1.2&bf=&f=1), you'd be expected to burn about 2000 calories a day[1]. If you're eating around 1000 calories a day[2] for instance, you will only have a net deficit of 1000 calories / day, which equates to about a pound every 3.5 days, which is about spot on to what you described (at least as I interpreted it)

Exercising helps, too, but only so much. If you, for instance, are walking a mile and a half each day at a brisk pace, you'd burn about 150 extra calories each day (according to https://www.verywellfit.com/walking-calories-burned-by-miles-3887154 at least) This helps, but would only be about 0.3 lbs / week.

In short, 1-2 lbs a week sounds about right, mathematically. Think positively - if you can keep up loss that rate, you'll hit your goal weight in about a year!
--

[1] Assuming you don't have a super-active job.

[2] The program I got calls for 700-900 for the soft foods stage, but I'm rounding up for ease of math.

Edited by jelos98

Thank you i will look these up. Appreciate you shareing.. :)

Just stick to your plan - that's pretty much all the control you have over your weight loss. Your body will lose the weight, whether fast or slow. I was a slow loser from day 1, and I ended up losing all my excess weight (over 200 lbs). I was very committed to my plan and almost never went off it while I was in the losing phase.

Baked Ricotta, pureed Spinach Dip, Pureed Egg salad, Sweet Potato Puree, Buffalo chicken Dip puree, Broccoli cheese Soup puree, mashed potatoes thinned out with broth, refried Beans, cottage cheese. There is a woman on youtube who has really fantastic recipes and easy to follow directions "timetoshrink"

Thank you so much everyone! I havent been logging in my food which i should. Im going to try some of these other food ideas. Appreciate it, thank u

11 hours ago, jelos98 said:

I'm not a doctor and not a nutritionist, but I like math. What you're saying doesn't sound mathematically unreasonable, if I'm interpreting correctly (weight drops a pound every ~4 days or so). So, let's consider the basics and the math:

First off: Are you tracking your food with a calorie tracker (I use myfitnesspal)? When I don't for a while, and then I start again, I often find I'm eating more than I mean to. If you are tracking, then you should have a good idea of what you're putting in to your body, which is half of the equation.

Based on an arbitrarily chosen TDEE calculator (https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=32&g=female&lbs=210&in=64&act=1.2&bf=&f=1), you'd be expected to burn about 2000 calories a day[1]. If you're eating around 1000 calories a day[2] for instance, you will only have a net deficit of 1000 calories / day, which equates to about a pound every 3.5 days, which is about spot on to what you described (at least as I interpreted it)

Exercising helps, too, but only so much. If you, for instance, are walking a mile and a half each day at a brisk pace, you'd burn about 150 extra calories each day (according to https://www.verywellfit.com/walking-calories-burned-by-miles-3887154 at least) This helps, but would only be about 0.3 lbs / week.

In short, 1-2 lbs a week sounds about right, mathematically. Think positively - if you can keep up loss that rate, you'll hit your goal weight in about a year!
--

[1] Assuming you don't have a super-active job.

[2] The program I got calls for 700-900 for the soft foods stage, but I'm rounding up for ease of math.

I like ur logic. Thank you for the web pages!

I was hoping people have more choices for the soft food stage? Also is there something i can do to lose more this month? Im one month out and seems like i stall for 4 days then lose a pound and stall again. Any advise is welcomed!
I only tolerated 1 shake per day which was 64g Protein. And blended one of these meals and ate 2-4 bites for dinner. I lost 22lbs my first month. 20190615_203416.jpeg 20190615_203421.jpeg 20190615_203350.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm just trying to help. I received some really helpful material from my doctors office. And the list is off the soft puree\blended list. So the dinners I actually blended and pureed and just ate as much as I could tolerate and wrapped up the rest and ate it alike a left over dinner, lunch etc. You actually learn to tolerate the taste as you know. Congratulations on your weight loss! Wow! I'm only a month out of surgery and getting ready to have knee surgery so the exercising is on hold so you know ........

I was allowed to do fork-mashed mashed white fish, so I did lots of tilapia at that stage.

I've just started my puree stage, so I haven't tried many of these yet, but here's my list of things to try during this stage:

• Pea puree
  • Parsnip puree
  • 4 cheese mashed cauliflower
  • Cottage cheese
  • Refried beans
  • Pureed black Beans w/ salsa & sour cream or greek yogurt
  • Blended soups (Chili, Cauliflower curry soup, Indian peanut soup, Lentil soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Cream of mushroom soup, Chowder)
  • Cream of wheat
  • Protein coffee slushie
  • Mashed avocado
  • Mashed sweet potato
  • Hummus
  • Scrambled egg
  • Pureed chicken salad
  • Pureed spinach/artichoke dip
  • Pureed egg salad
  • Baked ricotta
  • Baked tilapia

I will also add collagen powder to many of these for added Protein if I think it won't mess up the texture.

Don't worry about the stalls at this point, it's too soon to worry about your weight and stalls will happen inevitably. For the soft food stage I existed on chicken noodle Soup, cottage cheese, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sugar-free pudding, sugar-free Jello and lots and lots of liquids