Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say a prayer as I go for my ckup today....

Ethel (and Leatha),

Out of curiosity, did the doctor mention giving you a discount on this second surgery? My thought is what IF your insurance will not pay - will the doctor just remove it, or will he replace it??? Or just leave it alone till you can afford to do something?

Ethel, first, please change your name to one that flatters you, okay?

Second, I think you are one lucky girl. Slippage can be repaired. Erosion can't. I've already been through 3 band surgeries, and I still have a problem wound that won't heal. I'm rejecting my port (again) and one day I'll need my band removed. Slippage isn't bad news, it's just another bump in the road. You'll be fixed in no time. Good luck to you.

I am so so sorry the hear that your band slipped. My prayers go out to you.

Did they give you a time line as to when they will submit it to the insurance and get it done?

Ladies... thanks for responding love the support you give....

Leatha, I hope that I do not gain during this time as well. I hope I have enough knowledge about how to eat now to continue the small portions and Water, etc. Thanks for your encouargement, it is good to know I am not alone in this slippage thing....

Paula...No we have not discussed a discount on this second surgery? Hopefully insurance will pay the majority as they did before. He said it had to be fixed one way or another insurance or no insurance approval, but he has a payment plan....we are praying to get approval though of course....He thinks I need to keep the band as long as possible due to my previous addiction to food....we will wait and see what Insurance says, if they do not cover, I may opt to remove it.... although I would hate to, it has helped me so much....thanks for your thoughts...

DeLarla....Please note my name change...you are right, I have a negative outlook on me, will try to work on that one.... Thanks for your reassurance about the slippage, I realize there is the chance of erosion too, but I tend to blow things up worse than they are sometimes thanks for setting me straight,I needed that. Sorry you have been through so much, but you are a trooper and are like me and want this so badly.... proud of you and your perserverence through tree surgeries. I will pray for your healing on that problem wound that won't heal. Thanks again for your encouarging words.....

Mary....thanks for your prayers...No time line yet, but you can bet I will be calling after lunch today If I have not heard back from the doc office, their insurance person is supposed to contact my insurance for me today and then let me know something within the next few days....hopefully we can get the surgery approved and scheduled soon as both me and my surgeon are worried about me getting dehydrated etc from the continued vomiting.... the unfill did not help apparently as I still had the vomiting last night too... thanks again for your prayers...

Brenda, so sorry to hear about your slippage. I'll keep you in my prayers for insurance coverage and a speedy surgery date.

Good morning fellow bandsters... I finally got time to fix an attachment of a pic of me from before and after. Not too good at technical stuff on the computer sometimes.

Is there a place on this board for us to view other before/after pics of you all? Just curious.

The first pic with me in blue is me at my highest wt of 365 lbs Feb 2004 the other pic is of me at Christmas at 240 lbs. I am so thankful for my BAND!

God is so good!

post-204308-13813131632434_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your kind words... The Lord has blessed me and helped me...just keep a prayer for me in mind about insurance approval for my revison...

Any of you have before/after pics? Is there a place on the forum to look atjust pics before/after? Thanks