Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

What a great hopeful topic!

Mine are:

1. Travel on an airplane comfortably, be able to put down the tray.

2. Wear comfortable clothes that doesn't pull tight across my belly or have to wear sizes too big and they sag around my shoulders in order to fit my mid section.

3. Be able to cross my legs.

4, Run with my dogs.

5. Have a baby, healthily.

On 05/20/2019 at 14:34, KayBes said:

What a great hopeful topic!

Mine are:

1. Travel on an airplane comfortably, be able to put down the tray.

2. Wear comfortable clothes that doesn't pull tight across my belly or have to wear sizes too big and they sag around my shoulders in order to fit my mid section.

3. Be able to cross my legs.

4, Run with my dogs.

5. Have a baby, healthily.

That’s a great one .. being on plane and being able to put the tray down and still have room between my belly and tray is one I look forward to also 👍🏼

Sounds weird but -

Running up my credit cards at the Mall on cute, fashionable clothes! (I won't think twice about the interest rate!) Buying the ones I look at now, knowing they will never make my current size in.

I'm not kidding, I have a shopping plan laid out! By summer 2020, I will be covered in cute shorts, maybe a crop top and a very stylish swimsuit!

I have a son who lives in Hawaii and I will be Hawaii bound for sure. To visit of course, but to catch some rays on my glistening toned body & trot around in a swimsuit, not shorts and a tee shirt. ALOHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

And I can say the same about my son and myself, I now weigh 40 pounds less,214 to his 254, he is PEEVED.,making noises that he wants to talk to Dr Needleman about surgery for himself, our PCP puts on his post- session printout MORBID OBESITY, first time it happened He said Mommy, at year times it's THat,rest of the time I'm just plain old Mom. What is he doing to ME? Well my surgery- needful offspring ,your BMI IS 38,mine is 33.2 I am now merely Obese heading, towards overweight. Sorry Charlie the tuna, Stsrkist do not want you either!

i love this topic because it’s given me so many things i’ve read and think yes!!! i want it for this reason as well 😀 still working on a list of my own but there are so many wonderful reasons listed

On 5/13/2019 at 3:09 PM, Krestel said:

Fitting in a tun without worrying about not fitting or bot being able to get up,

Being able to get out of the tub without feeling like I'm going to fall and break bones each time. And being in the tub without my stomach sticking out of the Water.

Oh and wearing something besides 2X graphic tees every day. That's all I feel comfortable in now. And wearing a well fitting bra to make the ladies look better. Lol.

4 hours ago, apiane said:

Oh and wearing something besides 2X graphic tees every day. That's all I feel comfortable in now. And wearing a well fitting bra to make the ladies look better. Lol.

i hear u on the t-shirts (but mine are just plain). I look forward to when my husband cant wear mine. The only diff is that all mine are v-necks. (and then i wear a feminine scarf over them to not look like a total non-woman)

On 5/19/2019 at 2:03 PM, Je$$ica36 said:

My number one thing is to buy a nice pair of nice fitting jeans 👖 and then buy a pretty bra!

OMG yes, I am so looking forward to pretty bras! ... and nice jeans would be great too!

To quit asking myself every time I go into a public restroom,"Why do these keep getting smaller and smaller?!"

To get up off the couch unlike a pregnant woman.

I've got a weird one. 😉

I'm looking forward to being able to shave my legs...and not miss a section because I couldn't reach or see it!

How's that for weird?

On 6/1/2019 at 6:35 PM, kcf9889 said:

I've got a weird one. 😉

I'm looking forward to being able to shave my legs...and not miss a section because I couldn't reach or see it!

How's that for weird?

I've given up shaving... It's so freakin hard! So I feel you.

Shaving ones legs is one I never thought about. I haven't given up yet, but the times I do shave have gotten far and few between.

And the size of the public restroom stalls! that's a good one as well. I do think they have started making them smaller, like airline seats.