Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?



Recommended Posts

Congratulations to all my August Buddies!!! We are going to ROCK this!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 16:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
As @vovo2013 mentioned, I would get the sleeve because of the reflux. I didn’t even have any issues with reflux but after my sleeve, I developed severe GERD and I’m now revising to the RNY mainly because of GERD.

Whatever decision you make, I wish you great success and health!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 20:07, vovo2013 said:


I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 18:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
My GERD/acid reflux was terrible after getting the sleeve 3 years ago. I ended up with 4 ulcers in my esophagus. I just had a revision surgery to the bypass yesterday and so glad I made this choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, apiane said:

I'm August 5th too! We'll rock this!

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!
Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

I know how it feels! I finished all my requirements before February and it took 4 months for them to send in the correct paper work. The first time was that the psych evaluation didn’t say passed or not pass , we had to wait on that and then they finally got it in after 45 day requirement so I had to resubmit for an appeal because my insurance needed it within 45 days but they took longer, after the appeal I get another letter saying they needed the psych evaluation office notes and finally March 30th is when I got the call from my surgeons office that I got approved and later on that week I received the insurance letter that says approved. I originally got a July 8th day but because of my work schedule being already set till mid August I changed my surgery day to August 19th (sleeve)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, freetobeme said:
On 6/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, vovo2013 said:

I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, vovo2013 said:

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

That makes sense and I'm sorry I did not initially see your height — was on my phone. Very glad to hear that all of your previous conditions have now disappeared! That's amazing! 😍 I'm hoping to no longer have GERD by revising from the VSG to the RNY too... :1355_pray_tone1: Bypass is definitely the only option when acid reflux/GERD is present... Glad your surgeon was honest with you about that... God bless you for donating your kidney! :783_heart_decoration: You're going to be in much better health very soon, and can take on anything! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, apiane said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?
Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!![emoji114][emoji114]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!!emoji114.pngemoji114.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Same! Good luck!

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      Ok, now im getting old...my body gets me up at my normal 5am dog walk even when it's the weekend, vacation, and most importantly when I'm sick. So now that I have more energy, my body wants to make sure I suffer even longer during the day when I have a cold! Damn being healthy again! (:D)
      · 1 reply
      1. UphoseDep

        http://dev.x3dt.info/forum/profile.php?id=18137 ai us palm

    • GreenTealael

      At my Primary Physician appt, the Doc said you know you lost a whole person. When you started seeing me you were 265lbs now you're 148lbs.
      She's right... I lost the fun me 😂 Joking Joking Joking. It's amazing who keeps track when you don't like insurance and browsers feeds
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        I think you're fun! You must have been a firecracker before!

      2. GreenTealael

        I don't even drink anymore 😂

    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Dietitian scheduled 11/18
      Mental Evaluation scheduled 11/18
      OMG we moving forward
      All things working toward my Dec 9th surgery date!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×