Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?



Recommended Posts

Congratulations to all my August Buddies!!! We are going to ROCK this!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 16:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
As @vovo2013 mentioned, I would get the sleeve because of the reflux. I didn’t even have any issues with reflux but after my sleeve, I developed severe GERD and I’m now revising to the RNY mainly because of GERD.

Whatever decision you make, I wish you great success and health!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 20:07, vovo2013 said:


I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/24/2019 at 18:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
My GERD/acid reflux was terrible after getting the sleeve 3 years ago. I ended up with 4 ulcers in my esophagus. I just had a revision surgery to the bypass yesterday and so glad I made this choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, apiane said:

I'm August 5th too! We'll rock this!

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!
Congratulations!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

I know how it feels! I finished all my requirements before February and it took 4 months for them to send in the correct paper work. The first time was that the psych evaluation didn’t say passed or not pass , we had to wait on that and then they finally got it in after 45 day requirement so I had to resubmit for an appeal because my insurance needed it within 45 days but they took longer, after the appeal I get another letter saying they needed the psych evaluation office notes and finally March 30th is when I got the call from my surgeons office that I got approved and later on that week I received the insurance letter that says approved. I originally got a July 8th day but because of my work schedule being already set till mid August I changed my surgery day to August 19th (sleeve)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, freetobeme said:
On 6/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, vovo2013 said:

I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, vovo2013 said:

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

That makes sense and I'm sorry I did not initially see your height — was on my phone. Very glad to hear that all of your previous conditions have now disappeared! That's amazing! 😍 I'm hoping to no longer have GERD by revising from the VSG to the RNY too... :1355_pray_tone1: Bypass is definitely the only option when acid reflux/GERD is present... Glad your surgeon was honest with you about that... God bless you for donating your kidney! :783_heart_decoration: You're going to be in much better health very soon, and can take on anything! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, apiane said:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?
Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!![emoji114][emoji114]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!!emoji114.pngemoji114.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Same! Good luck!

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

      2. zombierayvinn

        I am 14 days out and still sore. Just walk and walk is what I can say helps me

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×