Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

Congratulations to all my August Buddies!!! We are going to ROCK this!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/24/2019 at 16:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
As @vovo2013 mentioned, I would get the sleeve because of the reflux. I didn’t even have any issues with reflux but after my sleeve, I developed severe GERD and I’m now revising to the RNY mainly because of GERD.

Whatever decision you make, I wish you great success and health!

On 06/24/2019 at 20:07, vovo2013 said:

I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

On 06/24/2019 at 18:15, Superpharm01 said:

Getting my surgery on August 2nd. Still unsure about getting a sleeve or a bypass. I’m 5’2’’ , 235 pounds (bmi of 43) with sleep apnea and acid reflux. My doctor said I could get either surgery, but the sleeve could increase the acid reflux. I’m worried about the dumping with the bypass. I’ve heard that with the sleeve, the surgeon removes the part of the stomach that sends the hungry signals. Whats your opinions?
My GERD/acid reflux was terrible after getting the sleeve 3 years ago. I ended up with 4 ulcers in my esophagus. I just had a revision surgery to the bypass yesterday and so glad I made this choice.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, apiane said:

I'm August 5th too! We'll rock this!

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I'm August 5th as well! I just got my date today! Cant believe it :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just got my insurance approval so I am officially August 5th! I'm so excited I could burst!
Congratulations!!!!

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

All I know is I met all requirements and my doctor who did my Phyic Evaluation has not turned in my information. It should be as fast as a fax. I saw the results on his computer, not sure why he couldn't send it via internet. Nevertheless I am going call his office again tomorrow. I called today and in 2mins she said they sent it. Found it wasn't sent. It's been since the 12th. The lady at the Surgeon's office says around August but if they don't quit messing around it will be September.

I know how it feels! I finished all my requirements before February and it took 4 months for them to send in the correct paper work. The first time was that the psych evaluation didn’t say passed or not pass , we had to wait on that and then they finally got it in after 45 day requirement so I had to resubmit for an appeal because my insurance needed it within 45 days but they took longer, after the appeal I get another letter saying they needed the psych evaluation office notes and finally March 30th is when I got the call from my surgeons office that I got approved and later on that week I received the insurance letter that says approved. I originally got a July 8th day but because of my work schedule being already set till mid August I changed my surgery day to August 19th (sleeve)

On 06/26/2019 at 16:49, debra102364 said:

Good luck!

On 6/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, freetobeme said:
On 6/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, vovo2013 said:

I would shoot for bypass since you have acid reflex like me. I have gastroparesis and GERD as well and went with bypass. However, my BMI is 36 and I weight only 156 so I only had one option is bypass.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Curious as to why surgery is an option at 156 lbs... Is it to resolve the gastroparesis? And is bypass the only option because of GERD?

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

28 minutes ago, vovo2013 said:

Yes, it is to resolved the GERD, EOE, Gastroenteritis and Fatty Liver issues that I have. Yes, my GI doctor and Baratric Surgeon both agree that I can ONLY do Bypass. The other reason why is I am doing this is because I am going to be donating my kidney as well.

That makes sense and I'm sorry I did not initially see your height — was on my phone. Very glad to hear that all of your previous conditions have now disappeared! That's amazing! 😍 I'm hoping to no longer have GERD by revising from the VSG to the RNY too... :1355_pray_tone1: Bypass is definitely the only option when acid reflux/GERD is present... Glad your surgeon was honest with you about that... God bless you for donating your kidney! :783_heart_decoration: You're going to be in much better health very soon, and can take on anything! 😉

19 hours ago, apiane said:

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?

Thats awesome!!! Im already getting super nervous! They told me to start the preop diet July 22. Are you starting that the same day as me?
Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!!

40 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

Just hearing you mention preop diet for we August peeps made so freaking excited!!! I can't wait!
Good luck and we'll be cheering you early August birds on!!emoji114.pngemoji114.png

Same! Good luck!

Edited by MarvelGirl25