Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I getting hungry so often throughout the day? I had 75 grams of Protein today... my nutritionist said that was a good amount for where I'm at. But I feel so hungry. I'm feeling so frustrated. I read about other people who say they have no appetite and how great it is blah blah blah... I feel dizzy when I stand up as well...and have no energy. I started at 349 and am at 308... I know this may sound dumb or whatever..but I felt so much better before this surgery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, angie_is_losing_it said:

Why am I getting hungry so often throughout the day? I had 75 grams of Protein today... my nutritionist said that was a good amount for where I'm at. But I feel so hungry. I'm feeling so frustrated. I read about other people who say they have no appetite and how great it is blah blah blah... I feel dizzy when I stand up as well...and have no energy. I started at 349 and am at 308... I know this may sound dumb or whatever..but I felt so much better before this surgery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Many of us still feel hunger. Some of its real and some head hunger. There are ways to manage it.

Some questions,

• Do you log your food?
  • How many calories can you eat at this point?
  • At real food stage, what does a day of food look like for you?

***By the way. I’m in Idaho. We have the same surgeon’s office****

I had hunger in Month 3 post-op but I think it was mostly head hunger from thinking about food. I get dizzy when I stand up too and my surgeon said to increase my salt intake.

I have real hunger too and it started maybe 4-6 months post op.

I have noticed that:

foods with higher sugar/carb content make me hungrier for more foods, thinner foods even Proteins will leave me hungrier quicker as well, drinking more makes me less hungry especially hot things, I cycle different varieties of foods in and out of my schedule, I revise and remove things from my diet as often as I need to when they no longer work for me, clean salads are like freebies in that I can eat as much as I want and its still only like 100 safe cals.

Lots of trial and error in a safe space has helped. Don't give up for a moment. 💜

I ditto what others have said. Not all sleeve patients experience the lack of hunger. I was fortunate, I didn't have true hunger or appetite for months and even now I only notice my hunger when I'm REALLY hungry.

I'd like to address the dizziness you mentioned. Dizziness is usually a sign of imbalance. Fluid or electrolyte imbalance. Are you getting enough liquids? What about salts, potassium, etc? This would be a symptom to discuss with your doctor.

I am I the same boat. I never lost my hunger either. I do feel restriction and feel full eating dense Protein but, I am hungry again an hour later.

This can cause grazing tendencies if we are not careful. I stopped losing for months.

I recently increased my Water intake significantly. I was getting the recommended minimum but, now I am constantly drinking water. It has helped with my appetite and I am starting to lose again.

I’m 4 months post op and these past couple of weeks I been feeling hungry more often. I usually drink Water or black coffee. Sometimes I eat a boiled egg or tuna which worries me cause I feel like I’m eating more than 3 meals and it may lead to grazing. So far my weight lose is still going good but for the future I’m afraid it may hurt me.