Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's benig banded on 11/20???

Hey everyone,

Firebolt, I've only lost 5 pounds since surgery. I lost 5 2 weeks before surgery and the other nine I've lost over the last year. I'm so glad your tumor is not cancer. I would want more answers too though. I'm sure you will get more info when you see the doc.

I am so ready for a fill. I am so tired of being hungry. I go to the doc on 12/20 and I will get a fill.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jill

:clap2:I LOST 7 POUNDS BEFORE THE SURGERY BUT NOW IS LIKE I AM STOCK. I AM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME BUT STILL, I TRY NO TO EAT MUCH.

I AM GOING FOR MY FILL ON 12-15. I HOPE AFTER THAT, I CAN GET SOME POUNDS OFF.

I NOTICED MY SCARES ARE GETTING BETTER. I CAN STRETCH IN BED WITHOUT PAIN. I AM GETTING USED TO HAVE THAT EXTRA UMBILICAL CORD ON MY STOMACH. I CAN DRIVE WITHOUT PAIN.

THE ONLY THING IS GAS. I HAVE A LOT OF GAS IN MY STOMACH AND BECAUSE I AM SETTING DOWN ALL DAY, IT DOESNT HELP.

OTHER THAN THAT, I THINK I AM OVER THE PAIN. IT WAS DIFFICULT BUT I DID IT.

HOW ARE THE REST OF MY TEAM MEMBERS DOING?

HI all,

I am eating--yipppeee. I have had chicken, eggs, refried Beans (with cheese) and even a reese's Peanut Butter tree (tiny one). I haven't lost any morr weight--total 16lbs since before surgery. I haven't been drinking my water--but will try to concentrate on that from today on. I actually went on a walk with son and dh--my friend told me that would help the port incision pain and told me I would heal much quicker. I didn't think I would make it, but I did and I felt great after.

I finally took the steristrips (spelling?) off my belly and the skin around the incisions is aggravated, so my tummy looks like a warzone. My doc put my port right above my belly button (don't know why, no bikinis for me) and when I where jeans it still hurts. I have an appt. sceduled for check up on the 12th, and then supposed to have a fill the next week. My port site feels numb, I wonder if the fill will hurt?

Marilyn: My daughter is about 5'3" and only weighs 87 pounds--I too stressed healthy eating and exercise and she looks great! She didn't understand why I couldn't diet and lose the weight. She is only 12 and I told her it wasn't that easy when you grew up being overweight -- I pray she will never have our issues.

Have a great weekend!

Please, try this on your wounds. I am doing it and it is helping from the inside out. One of my cuts didn't closed well so I started using this and is working.

Arnica Herb Tea

check any natural herb remedy web site and you will see it is true.

El Arnica es un buen analgésico, cicatrizante y desinflamante. Sirve para curar heridas internas y externas y golpes en general.

It is an analgesic, cicatrizant and removes inflamation. It does cure inside and outside wounds and bruises.

Hey i was banded on 11/19/07.

im down 26lbs so far. I feel a little better each day, im back to my regular routine and have started at the gym. All in all im glad i did this and i think im on a positive road.

Hi Everybody,

i who have died am alive again today

Drove to the clinic this morning for my weekly weigh-in: 117.5 kilo, down 13 kilo or 28 pounds since my operation 17 days ago. Sounds wacky - like one of those late night "lose weight fast" TV adds. Slowly, I am starting to realize that if the way I have dealt with food since the operation persists, I will have. truly undergone a life-changing event. I literally feel that, for the first time, I am living life the way it was supposed to be lived. How does this feel? As E.E. Cummings puts it,

(i who have died am alive again today,

and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth

day of life and love and wings:and of the gay

great happening illimitably earth)

You Sound Thinner

When I spoke to my brother on the phone, he said "I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but... you sound thinner". I don't know about that, but I definitely feel calmer, more centered and happier these past few weeks. That being said, all this is more than a little scary as well. I'm going to see my therapist this week for the first time since the operation, and I'll have what to talk about, that's for sure. Physically, by the way, I feel I'm back to just about 100% - it hurts when I sleep on my stomach sometimes, and all in all my stamina still isn't what it used to be. But I took a group of 17 year olds hiking in the desert last week at work, and felt just fine, in fact better than the last time I did that particular hike before the operation.

Breaking the Bond

It hasn't all been easy. I went to a family wedding last week and ate too much - just got swept away, nothing that hasn't happened before but something I have to work on so that it doesn't happen again. I didn't throw up but I felt very uncomfortable for a long, long time. And once or twice I have been gripped by that good old irrational urge to binge, something that used to be simply overpowering for me. But I didn't do it; just either went to bed or got myself busy doing something else. This is a great victory - before the operation, the obsession would lead to the compulsion ten times out of ten. But this time the physical hunger wasn't there, or wasn't as intense as it has been before (and, of course there's the fear of slippage, of messing the whole thing up), maybe that's why it turned out differently. Could it be that what I have done has broken the bond between unhealthy thinking and unhealthy eating? I mean, everyone has crazy thoughts - but with me, this one always carried through into action. Like I said - if this is what has happened, my life has changed, changed dramatically.

The Most Important Thread

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts. LBT has given me a lot of support and perspective, but this thread is the most important one for me. Knowing that there are others who are at the same stage in the process is especially valuable. I hope we go on supporting and encouraging each other together for a long time.

:P welcome sugarbearlover, congratulations on the weight loss.

;) welcome admarino - good luck with your fill this week.

:) towens - glad you are eating again, I'd say all our stomachs have been war zones for years, isn't that the truth?!

:) skinnyjill - welcome to onederland, save a place for me. Good luck with your fill.

:) CanadianComfort - glad you have been feeling better since the defill, enjoy the food processor!

:) MarilynC- I really empathized with your post. I got rid of my scale a long time ago. The urge to get on and off it constantly is unbearable and humiliating for me. I weigh in my clinic once a week and that's that. The business of comparing myself to others and the pain that comes with it also struck home with me. I'm glad you have such a supportive partner. Good luck - you have a big fan in the holy land!

:) Marissa - thanks for the back to work wishes. You're right - I come back home and sleep like the dead. Hope you are less stressed - maybe you're still mourning those two cups of coffee in the morning - I know I am!

:) tlwempen - hope you have more Christmas parties once you make it back to eating. Enjoy the new food additions this week.

:) Ovahkummer - still waiting for you

:) Firebolt - hope you made it back from Michegan okay. Snowing, raining, freezing rain and ice storms, hmmmm. The Middle East might be a war zone, but you gotta love the weather. Write back soon!

All the best,

It's always great to read your posts, bandpal! Congratulations on your progress! I can't give an update yet as I, too, am only weighing at the doctor's office and I don't see him again until Friday.

This is also my favorite board! Yes, there are posts all over the main board that relate to what we're going through but when I'm in the mood to share, I much prefer to share with those who are going through this with me at the same time -- even to the point where I find myself resenting it when people who weren't banded in November decide to post here! Silly, I know. ;)

I don't think I've mentioned to you before that I have a son-in-law who is from Tel Aviv. His family moved here when he was a teenager. I have another son-in-law who is first generation Chinese-American and a former son-in-law, still a close friend, who is from Lebanon so we've been blessed with many cultures in our family! All of them love to cook, too. :P

Have another great week!

RIGHT BACK AT YOU, LONGHORN! AND WHAT A GREAT, MULTICULTURAL FAMILY YOU HAVE. I'LL HAVE TO CATCH ME SOME ISRAELI - CHINESE - LEBANESE COOKING SOMETIME (OF COURSE, IN SMALL QUANTITIES WHILE CHEWING SLOWLY). I'LL ACTUALLY BE IN TEXAS IN MAY - I HAVE A WEDDING IN SAN ANTONIO ON THE 10TH AND I'M FLYING IN WITH MY DAUGHTER, "THE FEISTY FIVER". DO YOU LIVE IN AUSTIN OR WERE YOU JUST OPERATED ON THERE? TAKE CARE,

I live just outside of Austin and work in Austin. San Antonio is one of our favorite cities and we're big Spurs fans. Have you been to San Antonio before?

NEVER, AND I'M COUNTING THE DAYS. THIS IS THE WEDDING OF MY FAVORITE COUSIN FROM NEW YORK WHO WENT AND FOUND HIMSELF A NICE JEWISH GIRL FROM TEXAS. GO FIGURE...

hey bandpal, i'm with u on the urges, but not doing as well as u are. caved to 3 bites of pizza. oops!! friday night was an adult x-mas party for husbands work, he is a truck driver for pepsi. and saturday was the kids' party at the bowling alley. nothing like having everyone around u eating free pizza while your starving! baked potatoe on friday was my first solids, then the 3 bites of pizza on sat. tummy not happy today!

you did good not to cave!

Happy Monday, everyone! How was the weekend? Mine was great. NC is incredibly warm right now, it's supposed to be nearly 80 here today! It's totally not getting me in the Christmas mood, but it's great motivation to get me outside and exercising! I weighed this morning and I am down exactly 20 lbs since surgery, 42 since pre-op! I am soooo pumped!

ovahkummer - Thanks for letting us know about the incision hardness. I too am dealing with this, although mine is more like a bubble than a hard spot. It's comforting to know that it's completely normal. Please let us know how your tests results turn out. I'm praying for you.

admarino2001 - I am so sorry to hear about your less than wonderful LapBand experience. I'm glad your pain is better, before long you'll be back to 100%. Hang in there, it's worth it!! Congrats on losing 7 lbs so far, I think that's fantastic. Good luck on your fill, hopefully it will help you feel less hungry.

tlwempen - I hope your stomach feels better today, I know how uncomfortable it is when you eat even a bite too much. It sounds like you're doing a good job overall, keep it up!! It's going to be SO worth it!

Skinny_Jill - Best wishes on your fill on the 20th, let us know how it goes. I will get my first fill on Jan. 4th, yay!

towens - Hooray for eating! I'm right there with you. Every bite of string cheese is the best bite of string cheese I've EVER had. I'm glad you're getting your exercise in, it really will help your body heal faster. My port site still feels strange too, but it gets better everyday.

sugarbearlover - Welcome! Keep up the great work at the gym, you're my hero!

bandpal - Your posts are so inspiring to me, you say everything that I've been feeling. Thanks - you too are my hero! Keep up the great work!

Longhorn - I love this board too, it's wonderful to share notes with people that are on the same track. I hope you have a scale victory this week!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Hi friends,

Well, I made it back from Michigan & all of the snow & ice. I'm back here in Ohio where it's been raining & dreary. We did get some snow over the weekend & the kids had a great time making snow men (and women).

I went to my first follow up appt on Thursday and the doctor cleared me for solid foods. Yaaaa! I went out that night to my favorite restaurant. The urge was there to totally blow it, but I did ok. I had a cheese enchilada & 5 chips/salsa. I was very satisified. Ok, now I will tell you that I also had a Margarita. But, when I added up all my calories & Protein that day...I did ok. Much much better than I ever would have if I didn't have the band!

But, I really blew it on Saturday. Took my kids to the mall for Christmas shopping. Stopped & had lunch in the food court. We had Terriyaki chicken (which was fine), but I also ate the fried rice and veggies. All would have been ok in moderation, but I'm certain I ate too much (I didn't measure my portion, and just shared a plate with my kids). Mistake! Next time I will get an extra plate and measure out my portion size. I spent the rest of the day feeling way too full & uncomfortable.

It has been so good hearing from each of you on the same journey as I. Each of us at about the same point in our paths to health. I really loved SkinnyJill's point about every pound lost is a pound gone FOREVER. So uplifting & true!

Remember friends, this is the last "diet" we'll ever do. We're changing our lifestyles for the last time. We will prevail & success is a few months away. Just don't try to cheat like I did this weekend. I felt yucky and won't do it again any time soon!

BTW - is anyone keeping a food journal?

Oh, I am scheduled to have my first fill on Dec. 20th. I hope this will keep me from blowing it during Christmas!

Take care & I'm praying for each of you (especially Ovahkummer!!)

Judy

Firebolt I am keeping a food journal at FITDAY.com and I have found that it truly helps me to see where my calories are and how in line I am with Protein and fats. I love it and I am diligant in loggin it each and everyday since finding it. I think this is helpful because without a log we tend to eat more than we think we are. If we force ourselves to be accountable and write everything we put into our mouths down then we see where the problems are before they become 5 or 10 pounds.

I am in agreeement with everyone here I love our November group and I like posting here. Everyone is so nice and supportive of one another.

We are all going through things around the same time and it is helpful to know we are not alone in all of this. I find the success stories inspirational but it is nice to follow along with others who are at the same junciton in the road as I am.

I am not weighing at home, so I cannot be certain of actual pounds gone but I can tell a huge difference in my clothes so that is the only thing I need to see for assurance that this is working.

I have been told that once filled you really begin to see the pounds come off, but I already am and so I am happy. I don't want to lose to fast I want my skin to catch up.

I love hearing from bandland as well he is always so eloquent in his posting and I feel like he says what I am feeling so well. Although I have had no real temptations, I have had a couple. I have not been eating between meals and for me that was huge before surgery. I always had Snacks at work and would eat after supper watching TV.

SO I feel that is a victory:whoo: for me!! I also agree that measuring your portions is key to this band tool.......it helps you be positive of how much is going in. Eyeballing it can lead to over eating.

Good luck to all of us as we continue to do well and shed the pounds that will NEVER return.

Hugz my new friends,:(

I use SparkPeople.com for my food journal. They also have a fitness tracker, other goals tracker, tons of forums, recipes, tips, etc etc etc...I think it's absolutely wonderful - it's my #1 main motivator. You guys really should check it out. There are quite a few LapBand 'SparkTeams', if any of you decide to join, let me know...I'll find you there!

Firebolt & Kristen - I am right there with you on the temptations. I've found that if I just have an itty bitty nibble of something 'bad', it fixes my cravings and I can move on.

Have a great day everyone!