Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's benig banded on 11/20???

hey firebolt,

i think your doing fine! and your doc should of gave u the refill. my doc gave me 2. plus, u had some added surgery. u probely have more pain then the rest of us. and your walking!! lol, all the walking i been doing is in the house where it is warm!

anybody else feeling lightheaded? my whole world spins when i bend down or roll over. i'm thinking this is from them putting the iv in my neck. or from low blood sugar

Good Morning, Firebolt, good to hear from you, too!

I hear you on the pang... this is going to be slow going, and not always easy. Good for DH for keeping you on the straight and narrow. Us DH's are pretty good guys, you know? That's great you are keeping up on the walking - a half an hour out under the sun today was quite enough for me, thank you. I've seen people where I live come back from hiatal hernia surgery, sounds like you are doing great. Have a great day,

Hey there guys,

Remember me? The one who did the surgery but didn't do it.:lol: Well I'm experiencing the same symptoms as you guys especially the part where if you move wrong you feel like you're being stabbed. I've done 2 c-sections before this and it is quite normal, it just a sign of healing. The lightheadedness is from the lack of calories or fluids. I don't experience that because I'm eating normal, I still do pass a lot of gas(which I wish my car could use:biggrin1:). Try getting in more Water and that should help with the dizziness. I also had the IV in my neck and the pain from it is virtually gone.

Bandpal congrats on the loss so far and keep on writing. I enjoy reading your detailed posts and everyonelse's for that matter. It is aiding in my preparation for next time.

Thanks all for sharing your personal stories. One day we will all 'overcome'.

Ovahkummer,

When you're ready, run for the train and we'll be there standing outside the caboose with our arms outstretched to pull you aboard. We shall indeed overcome!

Tlwempen, What's this about how "all the walking i been doing is in the house where it is warm!"?! Who took the kids to a parade right after surgery, huh? And who sat there watching everyone chow down on Taco Jons (what is a Taco Jon - no wait, I probably don't want to know that) and held strong? You sound like the meanest bandster from Manderson, WY! Hope the Migraines and non hiccups are passing you by. I've felt light-headed too, I kinda put it down to not eating. All the best,

thanks ovahkummer, your words assured me that my light headness is normal. was experiencing it everytime i bent down, rolled over or moved to quick so i was worried that this was not normal. glad your doing okay, any news of when u might get to try again?

hey bandpal, lmao.. taco jons is like taco bell. and as for the parade of lights... my husband drove and i sat in the pick-up the whole time while my sister took my girls to see santa no great feat. my migrains are now manageable with liquid tylenol thank goodness. no more drowiness drugs for me!!! felt stoned all last week.

how is everyone else doing at 1 week?

i'm doing good. was back to work on monday followed by girlscouts (i sat around) and my girl's karate class. this was a hard day. today, i felt much much better, almost back to normal. i credit it to Tomato Soup, :D

My port site is very sore. It feels like my stomach is on fire. or that the port has shifted. sometimes when I get into a certain position it feels better, but it burns. Anyone else feeling this?

My port spot hurts a lot whenever I have to stand up or sit down. when I'm just sitting still, I'm fine.

Have you done any strenuous lifting? If not, I wouldn't worry about it moving around.

When I stand up, I hold a pillow to my stomach over the port spot and that seems to help.

My port area is still sore but it isn't too bad.

Hello all

I am new to posting on a web site so bear with me. I feel like I shouldn't be here. I had the band on 11/20/07 , but after leaving the hospital I haven't had the problems others seem to.

I don't have the pain from the surgery,or the lightheadedness (is that a word, or did I spell it wrong?)

I have my one week checkup today, and go back to work on 12/3/07

I think the only problem I am haveing is I want to chew something. I have thought about nails, they are a good source of Iron but hard on the teeth...lol

I am on all liquids right now, and probably for another week.

Thank you for letting me chime in.You all give me encouragment that the hurdles can be overcome.

Thank You

Karmen,

That is great that you are not having any pain. I don't know how all of you on a liquid diet for so long are coping. I was only on liquids for 2 days and then on to mushies for 4 weeks.

Hi everyone. I haven't checked in for a few days. I see a new member has chimed in. Nice to hear from you Karmen. It sounds as if you are doing great. Bandpal and I have something in common, I see. I am a current educator working with children ages 8-11. They are great but the school politics stink! I can totally understand getting into a new line of work. I went back to work myself on Monday. I continue to overdue...part of that Type A personality. I am experiencing pain at the incision sites. I also am having hunger pangs. I am eating/drinking every few hours to help alleviate these. I'm not sure if this is also happening with any of you. It remains difficult to get my Protein in even using the whey powder. I see my doctor next Tuesday so I will address these issues then. Well...keep writing to keep me updated and everyone have a wonderful evening.:)

Marilyn

welcome karmen! i'm glad your doing well.

hope everyones ports get feeling better!!

i found a great protein!! it is sci-fit pro-mrp it comes in ice cream chocolate and vanila. it has 21g Protein per scoop. i make it in the morning with 3 cups milk, 2 scoops Protein sometimes add a bananna and crushed ice. for a total of 69g. i have it for Breakfast then take the rest to work for "snacks"

any cream Soup ideas?

Hello Everyone!

I too was banded on November 20th. (The day before my birthday - what was I thinking?! ha!) ... however, I'm just now posting to this thread.

Firebolt - My surgeon found a tumor on my liver too, it was benign - thank God. (What a coincidence, huh?) I had a severe car accident almost 5 years ago in which I suffered many life threatening injuries - including a broken neck - so, my surgeon thinks the tumor was actually scar tissue from the wreck. Which makes sense and is quite relieving.

I've had quite a bit of pain after surgery, my doc said it was probably because of all the 'chopping' and 'cauterizing' they had to do on my liver. He actually gave me a picture of the tumor - how cool (and somewhat gross) is that?! :rolleyes

I struggled with the gas pains big time. Sounds like everyone had a different experience with that. I was afraid that I would always have the gas pains, but they diminished after about 5 days or so.

How is everyone's pain level on this 9th day after surgery? Mine is okay...I think I've just been overdoing it a bit. My belly hurts...the incisions and the port. My doc/nutritionist have instructed me to walk, walk, walk - including the day of surgery! They want me to aim for approx. 50 minutes a day! Wow. Yesterday I walked 2 miles in 38 minutes, and then I called it quits. I know it's not 50 minutes, but heck - it's still 2 miles, right?

Have you guys felt much hunger? I'm on liquid (any liquid, not just clear) for two weeks. The first few days I had quite a bit of 'mind hunger', but I recognized it as that, and occupied myself with other things. Now I'm having real hunger pains. When I went to my post-op Tuesday, my doc said that it was to be expected. He said the actual banding procedure was so smooth that I probably don't have the stomach swelling that most patients do. He also said that he even put a little bit of Fluid in my band because he expected that...and in 5 weeks, I'll definitely get my first fill. Whoop whoop! :whoo:

Anyway - I've rambled for entirely too long now. Keep up the amazing work everyone & have a wonderful day!!!