Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think 49 is too old for plastic surgery?

Agree - more than half your adult life is ahead of you. And even if it was less why not be comfortable? in my mid 40’s which I am claiming until 49 incidentally. PS was for me not about being a sex symbol but literally being comfortable in my own skin. A truckload of surgery is behind me and a thigh lift to go - I would not recommend doing any of it if it is not important to you because Recovery is a real pain. As for those people well they don’t live in your skin... my spouse was aware but that was it don’t need the judgment save myself the stress!

On 4/19/2019 at 6:41 AM, Panda333 said:

Hi everyone, I'm still preop and aged 48, I'm being optimistic that I will lose the weight and am interested in having an arm lift, breast lift, and anything else I need lifted, lol. I've seen people say why bother over age 40 you are too old no need at that ;point in your life. Yes, I will be 49 and pushing 50 and I'm not trying to be a sex symbol but I it's something I want. Am I being vain? I know my younger years are behind me.

HELL NO THATS WHEN YOU ARE AT THE SEXIEST AND MOST CONFIDENT IN YOU LIFE IM YOUR AGE AND I FEEL IM BETTER LOOKING AND BETTER AT EVERYTHING TODAY VRS 20YEARS AGO SOME MAY NOT AGREE THAT IS HOW I FEEL IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD I SAY DO IT ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY HOPE IT TURNS OUT THE WAY YOU WISH IT WILL BE

if you want it, do it ...

i’m mid 40s and still deciding on surgery but one thing i’ve been looking at is the plastic surgery available later because i know for health reasons both physical and emotionally it’s going to be a strong likelihood. This is your life .... not anyone’s who says silly comments about being over 40 😁 wishing you well with this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• ms.sss

Looks like I need people around to complete a 10K.  I tried to do one by myself this afternoon and I gave up at around the 7km mark.  Gonna try again on Friday, but I may have to look into joining a running club...
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • d711

post op 2 months
      · 0 replies
    • allwet

My Surgeon asked me a question the other day and i didn't give it a lot of thought at the time.
      He asked "do you tell"
      we were talking about peoples reaction to seeing me since i lost such a large amount of me.
      I answered that i do tell if they ask but that it seems most everyone is afraid to mention it if they haven't seen me in a while or they decided they already know the answer so they don't need the truth from me (we all know those types)
      I have had exactly one family friend come right out and ask me how i lost so much weight this year and i told her i had Gastric Sleeve.
      I am sure family has passed it around to other family (you have that type family don't you? or is it just me)  
      So that left me wondering "do you tell" and i dont mean right at surgery time. more like a year or so down the road do you say how or do you just say cut out the sugar and carbs and WAALAA
      Its a real personal choice to open yourself up to that kind of criticism and we know all about how we took the "Easy" way and yada yada yada.
      hope everyone is having a great week
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

If people ask, I am open about it

• GreenTealael  »  Lynnem6

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      ⚡⚡HAPPY SURGERY DAY & SAFE JOURNEY⚡⚡
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
    • GreenTealael  »  Lynnem6

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜