Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I drank bottle wine and ate tub Ben and Gerry ice cream - 5 days prior to my surgery. Was totally weak with hunger. Busy day at work. Kids crazy evening time. All I could think is never able to have those foods again post gastric bypass. Woke this morning. The Guilt. Back to plan today

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, starladustangel said:

It seems I may have reflux as a result of surgery. I can barely drink, my chest hurts and I am constantly nauseous. The bariatric clinic is sending some new prescriptions over to treat it. :(

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Reflux sucks...that was one main reason that I chose Bypass because I already have terrible reflux and the Sleeve so often creates or makes it worse.

6 hours ago, Purpledva said:

Guess What???!!!!!

I am back........

Surgery went well on Monday. I was discharged, yesterday.

I was so glad to get home and finally get some REST. I don’t how anyone is suppose to get any rest in the hospital is was SO NOISY.

Well for starters, on Monday, I came down with the worst case of Constipation, I had ever suffered. 😕 So, I called myself smart and ran out and purchased some suppositories the morning of the surgery. I thought I could just plop one in and I would be relieved before surgery. NOT!!!!😨

Then the hospital called me and wanted to know if I could come in early!! OH NO!!! I will stay clear for nasty details but 2 days later, I was finally relieved of the problem. I can’t tell you how great that felt.😃

Anyways, I am doing good. Just resting and trying to increase my Water intake. This clear liquid diet is a BEAST!!! I won’t lie to anyone……. I am so looking forward to an egg, fish or even chicken, I won’t complain. Once, I pass my 30 day mark, I should be able to eat some real food. But until then, the liquids have it. Thank God for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu…..Between naps that is what is keeping me entertained. So the Purpledva is doing alright. I have my follow up visit on Thursday, the 13th. Btw, surgery weight was 217 which was a 2 pound variance from my home scale but I will take. And Post surgery weight was 222. Well of course, the doctor said,”We’ve just pumped you up full of gas and liquids…That’s expected”😂😂

Purpledva signing out.

You’ve got this Funky JuneBunch

I'm so glad that you're doing so well :)

5 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I didnt even think to bring it up. I live on the outskirts of town and from my house to the hospital ends up being about an hour and 13 minute drive. Are you getting super excited?! Not much longer.

I didn't know that they had an Inn for the hospital...Leslie just asked me if I wanted to stay there the night before since it's such an early morning check in. Maybe it's because I live a good bit further away.

I am starting to get more and more excited but there's so much to do lol...and I'm working every extra day I can.

I hope the liquid diet is going ok for you.

3 hours ago, Batty2000 said:

So it sounds like I'm up next. I report tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. with show time at 8:30. I think I'm ready. Just bustling around the house, trying to get things in order. My daughter is sleeping over with the grandparents so she can sleep in. I started this journey in December and it felt so far away. The last two weeks sped by. I'm ready for this next chapter with my fabulous new sleeve. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck...I just know that you're gonna do fabulously well :D

I drank bottle wine and ate tub Ben and Gerry ice cream - 5 days prior to my surgery. Was totally weak with hunger. Busy day at work. Kids crazy evening time. All I could think is never able to have those foods again post gastric bypass. Woke this morning. The Guilt. Back to plan today

What's done is done. No use sweating it. Pick yourself back up and get ready for the "losers' bench." You can do it!

What's done is done. No use sweating it. Pick yourself back up and get ready for the "losers' bench." You can do it!

Thanks Batty2000 needed those kind motivational words. Back on the horse again!

All done! I was pleasantly surprised how it went. Have been able to walk, drink, sleep a little bit, pee, etc! No real nausea or weakness. Just some sharp pains where the drain is placed if I move too quickly. Staff here have been incredible. Get to go home in a few hours. I hope everyone else is doing well.

2 hours ago, Impromptu said:

All done! I was pleasantly surprised how it went. Have been able to walk, drink, sleep a little bit, pee, etc! No real nausea or weakness. Just some sharp pains where the drain is placed if I move too quickly. Staff here have been incredible. Get to go home in a few hours. I hope everyone else is doing well.

That's awesome! Glad to hear it all went smoothly. Congratulations on making it to the bench!!!

Reflux sucks...that was one main reason that I chose Bypass because I already have terrible reflux and the Sleeve so often creates or makes it worse.
I've never had reflux before and it's the worst. I have omeprazole and hoping it gives some relief

I've never had reflux before and it's the worst. I have omeprazole and hoping it gives some relief

I've been taking omeprazole and ranitidine for a couple years. I seriously hope to get rid of my reflux with the surgery. Mine will hurt all the way up into my neck and shoulder.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been taking omeprazole and ranitidine for a couple years. I seriously hope to get rid of my reflux with the surgery. Mine will hurt all the way up into my neck and shoulder.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My neck and shoulders are ok but swallowing Water feels like everything is on fire. The omeprazole seems to be helping this morning at least

Happy Friday Everyone,

Day 2 of being at home. I am starting to feel my usual self.☺️

I don't have much of an appetite. So I am just drinking mostly Water and tea and having an occasional s/f popsicle. The tenderness in my abdomen area is slowly going away. I weighed myself this morning ( I know I wasn’t going to do this until next week😏) and came in at 217. So all the extra gases, liquids, etc have taken a permanent vacation.😄

I noticed others mentioning having issues with GERD. For me, I notice that if I try to take a gallup instead of a sip then it comes back up as a big ol’ air pocket.😲 So sipping will be the thing to do. Have a Great Friday, Everyone!!!! And to all my other June Brothers and Sisters, I anxiously await your arrivals on the other side. Good Luck

Speedy recovery!