Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Welcome [emoji16]
I'm still waiting for my surgery date and insurance approval which I also dont see an issue with. It was a whirlwind. I started in March and now I'm just waiting on approval. I've read such heartbreaking stories of people going through the process for so very many months. And jumping through so many hoops just to attain a better way of living. It shouldn't be so hard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NEGirl72 said:

Hi! I've been lurking without creating an account and when I saw this little June group I decided it was time to join! :)

I had my first meeting with a Dr on Jan 7th, went right into nutrition appts on Jan 17th and it was kind of a whirlwind after that with tests one after the other: Upper GI, EKG, stress test, ECG, sleep study...etc. I was cleared by all of the Dr's. The only thing wrong was sleep apnea, which was a bit of a surprise, so I've been using a CPAP machine since the end of March. I was cleared by nutrition in March after having lost 5% of my starting weight (part of my program instead of a liquid pre-op diet) and met with my surgeon last Friday to go over everything and sign consents. That made things more real! I'm awaiting surgery approval from insurance but don't expect any issues. My surgery date is June 17th!

I also love the Baritastic app! It definitely keeps me on track.

Welcome to our group love!!! Your surgery date is 2 days before mine :) I meet with my surgeon on Thursday and I cant wait lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NEGirl72 said:

Hi! I've been lurking without creating an account and when I saw this little June group I decided it was time to join! :)

I had my first meeting with a Dr on Jan 7th, went right into nutrition appts on Jan 17th and it was kind of a whirlwind after that with tests one after the other: Upper GI, EKG, stress test, ECG, sleep study...etc. I was cleared by all of the Dr's. The only thing wrong was sleep apnea, which was a bit of a surprise, so I've been using a CPAP machine since the end of March. I was cleared by nutrition in March after having lost 5% of my starting weight (part of my program instead of a liquid pre-op diet) and met with my surgeon last Friday to go over everything and sign consents. That made things more real! I'm awaiting surgery approval from insurance but don't expect any issues. My surgery date is June 17th!

I also love the Baritastic app! It definitely keeps me on track.

Welcome...i'm STILL waiting on my surgery date but it should definitely be in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, cubyblue6 said:

Welcome
I'm still waiting for my surgery date and insurance approval which I also dont see an issue with. It was a whirlwind. I started in March and now I'm just waiting on approval. I've read such heartbreaking stories of people going through the process for so very many months. And jumping through so many hoops just to attain a better way of living. It shouldn't be so hard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's been 13 months for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



It's been 13 months for me.


I consider myself very fortunate although nothing is in stone yet so I hope I'm not getting ahead of my self.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i've completed all my hurdles and have already been approved by insurance...i've even already dropped $1500 to my Dr but i've yet to get my date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Welcome...i'm STILL waiting on my surgery date but it should definitely be in June.

I really do hope you get a date close to mine lol it'd be nice staying at the hospital and actually knowing someone lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my coworkers have been very supportive. Today we walked to the Farmers Market (about a mile from office) for lunch. When we got there they had Protein Shakes for each of us. We listen to street music, drank our Protein then all walked back to the office.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I really do hope you get a date close to mine lol it'd be nice staying at the hospital and actually knowing someone lol

I'm now certain that won't happen. They are booking in July right now. Apparently he only does 2 per week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know what kind of pre op diet you will have yet? Mine is 2 weeks of liquid only but at least my surgeons office doesnt require a bowel prep lol
We're going over the diet in a few days, but I believe it's the same -- two weeks, mostly Clear Liquids. I think I can have Protein Shakes, but otherwise it's just broth and crystal light. LOL

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard alot of people talk about the baritastic app. Going to have to look that one up. No time to start like present.
Lucifurr!!! Ahhhh hahahahaha I LOVE IT!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app


Same. I've been tracking with myfitnesspal, but am wondering if baritastic is better...

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have my date yet, waiting on insurance approval but the person who submits it doesn't seem too concerned about being approved. She said itll be late May or early June. I'm shooting for june. Gonna do this right and be off most of the summer. IM SUPER EXCITED!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app


I don't suppose with a name like CubyBlue that you're in the Chicago area? I am! Hello!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Batty2000 said:

I don't suppose with a name like CubyBlue that you're in the Chicago area? I am! Hello!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in the Chicago area... actually the suburbs but you know how it is. Easier to say Chicago than Huntley, people don't relate as much when you say the suburbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the Chicago area... actually the suburbs but you know how it is. Easier to say Chicago than Huntley, people don't relate as much when you say the suburbs.
Totally get it. I work in the Loop, but live in Oak Park. I saw your other post of BCBSIL. I'll let you know. I believe they are submitting for me early next week. They told me to plan for 2 to 4 weeks, but they are overly cautious about setting expectations.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×