Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, how much pounds have you guys lost and how far out?
I'm almost 5 months out, and I'm 100lbs down from my date of surgery (369 lbs - surgery was Nov. 23rd 2018) and I'm currently 269lbs as of this morning! I did have a 30 day stall from March until about the 8th of this month, but I seem to be losing steadily again. ♡

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2019 at 12:39 AM, bariutiful said:

Hello everyone, how much pounds have you guys lost and how far out?

Results and rates of weight loss are different for each of us. Don’t get hung up on stats. It’s the fact you are losing weight not the rate.

114 pounds in six months. Pre sleeve surgery 254 (I count my pre op weight loss) to 140 pounds. My weight loss was faster than the statistics for sleeve surgery. I went on to 125 pounds I’m almost five years out.. I maintain in the 130's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.5 months out, VGS.
Surgery day weight was 243.
Current weight is 204.
I have 54 pounds til goal because I’m 5’7”

It feels like more than 39 pounds to be honest. If feels like so much more and I’m so psyched for the next 54 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter came to visit this Easter weekend. We went to a Mexican Restaurant, Ordered Domino's pizza, had Pork Bulgogi with rice, cooked some Filipino foods and had 2 MIchelob Ultra....Wow!

I lost a pound from when she came on Friday until she left today (Monday). We walked and danced a lot, also I was tasting all these wonderful foods, but I made sure I paid attention to my stomach, I stopped when I felt full in fear of throwing up.

2 Months - 43 pounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2019 at 7:38 AM, allies journey said:

Hey you ROCK. Did you get the sleeve or RYN?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

yes i had the sleeve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/20/2019 at 16:45, Healthy_life2 said:





Results and rates of weight loss are different for each of us. Don’t get hung up on stats. It’s the fact you are losing weight not the rate.




114 pounds in six months. Pre sleeve surgery 254 (I count my pre op weight loss) to 140 pounds. My weight loss was faster than the statistics for sleeve surgery. I went on to 125 pounds I’m almost five years out.. I maintain in the 130's


Wow! How did you lose so much weight so quickly? What was your regime if you don’t mind me asking? When did you start working out after surgery and how often? And any foods that helped you with weight loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just over 18 months post op and am down 177 pounds from my highest weight of 347. Time has flown by, now back to the gym to hit weights harder to try and put on some mass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! How did you lose so much weight so quickly? What was your regime if you don’t mind me asking? When did you start working out after surgery and how often? And any foods that helped you with weight loss?
There are factors on how much you lose and the rate. Age, sex, hormones, medical issues, and medications. What you can control is you're diet and exercise staying-on on plan.

Some of us lose fast some of us lose slow. The statistics with the sleeve is expect to lose 60% of your weight. It's not how fast you lose it's the fact that you're losing weight is what's important.

My regimen is following my plan. I log my food. I keep within my calories/macros.

Working out. I started walking right after surgery. After my dr released me to do more. I did elliptical. I had my first stall 3rd month. I mixed my cardio up on three different machines. As I progressed I did cardio with some weightlifting.

Find what you enjoy. Make a commitment to it and it becomes habit.



Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/23/2019 at 01:17, Healthy_life2 said:

There are factors on how much you lose and the rate. Age, sex, hormones, medical issues, and medications. What you can control is you're diet and exercise staying-on on plan.

Some of us lose fast some of us lose slow. The statistics with the sleeve is expect to lose 60% of your weight. It's not how fast you lose it's the fact that you're losing weight is what's important.

My regimen is following my plan. I log my food. I keep within my calories/macros.

Working out. I started walking right after surgery. After my dr released me to do more. I did elliptical. I had my first stall 3rd month. I mixed my cardio up on three different machines. As I progressed I did cardio with some weightlifting.

Find what you enjoy. Make a commitment to it and it becomes habit.



Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s awesome! I’m hoping I’m as successful as you! Ideally I’d like to lose 100lbs in 6 months. I’m currently 288 with high muscle mass. I’m hoping my muscle will assist me with the process!

Either way, I won’t stress too much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So so proud of you for doing that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost two months since surgery and I have lost 47 lbs (woohoo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×