Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleever Hit Goal Just shy of 6 months



Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Sunnilicious said:

Congratulations!! You look amazing! I have been approved for the sleeve, and I have a date.I have been on the fence about. So, I'm glad that I came across your post.

Sent from my QS5509A using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much! Congratulations to you as well! I can tell you for me it was TOTALLY worth it! Here for you if you have any questions ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, danieocean said:

Hey everybody!

I wanted to post in celebration of hitting my weight loss goal just shy of my 6 month mark (5 months and 26 days). I am now 175lbs!

I was as thin as a rail in high school and weighed 155 consistently all 4 years. I never thought I'd be this close to my high school weight so quickly. My new goal (which I never thought was possible) is to hit 155 and be done, for my height, I don't want to weigh any less and I don't want to lose my curves.

It can be done. Use this tool to change your life and your health!

Don't get discouraged or beat yourself up. You can do it. If I can do it, you can do it!!!! I work from home and have led a very sedentary life, just walking and taking the stairs instead of an elevator, parking far across the parking lot at Target...it all adds up and helps!

I went from 3-4x Top and bottoms (size 24) to an XL top and L bottoms (size 12) and bra size 42F to 36DDD.

I hope if anyone reading this and feels discouraged or has any questions, you can reach out to me and I'm happy to help in any way I can...even if it's just talking it out.

I wish everyone nothing but the best and hope you're all happy and healthy!!!

175.jpg

Fantastic! Welcome to maintenance phase.

How are you doing with the rapid weight loss? Are you seeing yourself smaller at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look fantastic. Stories like yours give me encouragement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Fantastic! Welcome to maintenance phase.

How are you doing with the rapid weight loss? Are you seeing yourself smaller at this point?

Thank you so much! I'm very happy, yes, seeing it more in my clothes and noticing my pants, etc. are getting too big. I'm getting lots of comments from friends and family who haven't seen me in a while. I was really thin all my life and I still don't feel "skinny". I'm healthier which is what I wanted more than anything. I'm gonna work slowly and see how close I can get to 155, but I am ecstatic. I really didn't think it would happen so fast. 6 months really has flown by. You look amazing, may I ask how you've managed to maintain for 5 years (YOU GO GIRL!!!) and how your pouch has changed...is your intake much more or are you still only able to eat small portions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

You look fantastic. Stories like yours give me encouragement.

Thank you so much, you got this girl!!! Keep to your program and you will do AMAZING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danieocean said:

Thank you so much! I'm very happy, yes, seeing it more in my clothes and noticing my pants, etc. are getting too big. I'm getting lots of comments from friends and family who haven't seen me in a while. I was really thin all my life and I still don't feel "skinny". I'm healthier which is what I wanted more than anything. I'm gonna work slowly and see how close I can get to 155, but I am ecstatic. I really didn't think it would happen so fast. 6 months really has flown by. You look amazing, may I ask how you've managed to maintain for 5 years (YOU GO GIRL!!!) and how your pouch has changed...is your intake much more or are you still only able to eat small portions?

You should be ecstatic. Pretty amazing when you hit goal, Right? Goal weight is a personal choice. Find whatever weight you feel comfortable and healthy at.

How I have managed to maintain?

I think it has been the members that came before me. I’ve learned from the successes and mistakes. I am realistic that anyone of us can gain weight back. I had a gain my third year. I came back to the site for support. I’m back to maintaining in the 130s

How is my sleeve surgery restriction?

My restriction has become less over time. ***It’s nothing like pre surgery*** My maintenance plan is adding more calories and low glycemic carbs to slow/stop weight loss. I eat dense Protein and as much veggies as I like to fill the extra room in my pouch, stay satisfied, and not go over my maintaining calories/carbs.

When or if you experience less restriction with the sleeve. Watch for grazing/eating around your surgery. You will not feel surgery restriction if you eat small portions all day long (healthy and unhealthy choices) that total over your weight loss calories and macros. The sensation is as if you never had surgery. It’s a major cause of weight gain with any type of surgery.

Some things you may already know or to prepare for in maintenance phase:

  • It may be hard to transition out of the ingrained six months of “bariatric weight loss rules” Maintenance is a different mindset.
  • Fear of weight gain can be an issue. Choose a weight bounce range to maintain. (I maintain ten pounds up and down the scale.) It may take some time to learn trust yourself and relax. Find your balance. Know that you can work the bounce range and keep your weigh off.
  • We get to indulge within reason and not feel guilty about it. If the scale moves up, get back in weight loss mode to bring it down.
  • If you have a gain or need motivation to maintain, you always know we are here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Healthy_life2 said:

You should be ecstatic. Pretty amazing when you hit goal, Right? Goal weight is a personal choice. Find whatever weight you feel comfortable and healthy at.

How I have managed to maintain?

I think it has been the members that came before me. I’ve learned from the successes and mistakes. I am realistic that anyone of us can gain weight back. I had a gain my third year. I came back to the site for support. I’m back to maintaining in the 130s

How is my sleeve surgery restriction?

My restriction has become less over time. ***It’s nothing like pre surgery*** My maintenance plan is adding more calories and low glycemic carbs to slow/stop weight loss. I eat dense Protein and as much veggies as I like to fill the extra room in my pouch, stay satisfied, and not go over my maintaining calories/carbs.

When or if you experience less restriction with the sleeve. Watch for grazing/eating around your surgery. You will not feel surgery restriction if you eat small portions all day long (healthy and unhealthy choices) that total over your weight loss calories and macros. The sensation is as if you never had surgery. It’s a major cause of weight gain with any type of surgery.

Some things you may already know or to prepare for in maintenance phase:

  • It may be hard to transition out of the ingrained six months of “bariatric weight loss rules” Maintenance is a different mindset.
  • Fear of weight gain can be an issue. Choose a weight bounce range to maintain. (I maintain ten pounds up and down the scale.) It may take some time to learn trust yourself and relax. Find your balance. Know that you can work the bounce range and keep your weigh off.
  • We get to indulge within reason and not feel guilty about it. If the scale moves up, get back in weight loss mode to bring it down.
  • If you have a gain or need motivation to maintain, you always know we are here.

WOW! Thank you so much for the advice and support. It's helpful to hear long term success stories. There is always that back-of-you-mind fear of gaining again. I've worked so hard to get here, I can never let myself get back to the way I was. I'm committed to this being a life-long change. food ultimately NEVER made me happy. Being healthy and buying "normal" size clothing makes me really happy! You're an inspiration, thank you for taking the time to share with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, you look HOT. :337_fire:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap you look amazing!! I'm an Oct '18 sleeve also and my weight on surgery day was 265. Today I am 191.6 and my 6 month surgiversary is next week. My first goal is to get to 180 (I'm so close!) and my ultimate goal is 150 because it puts me in a healthy BMI range. (I'm 5'5")

How tall are you? What exercises are you doing? I want to be your twin!! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job! You look fabulous.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You look AMAZEBALLS. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Congratulations, you look HOT. :337_fire:
Thank you so much!!!! You are too sweet!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holy crap you look amazing!! I'm an Oct '18 sleeve also and my weight on surgery day was 265. Today I am 191.6 and my 6 month surgiversary is next week. My first goal is to get to 180 (I'm so close!) and my ultimate goal is 150 because it puts me in a healthy BMI range. (I'm 5'5")
How tall are you? What exercises are you doing? I want to be your twin!! Lol
Happy surgiversary!!! ;) You're almost at that first goal girl. You'll hit it before you know it! I'm 5'9.5" not quite 5'10" lol for my height 165 is in the "healthy" range. So if I hit that, I'll be soooo excited! Ultimately just walking has been my exercise. I try to get 6 to 10k steps a day. I just bought a treadmill so I can walk more. I work from home and hubby and I share a car. So I don't leave the house much. If I can get back to my H.S. weight of 155 I'd die. 20lbs more just doesn't seem that hard anymore...ya know? We can twin it up!! Lol!!! Please keep me posted on how you're doing!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great job! You look fabulous.[emoji4]
Thank you very much!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×