Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Deathly afraid of death!

Not sure how this got so out of hand, but I find it offensive that I am not allowed to post MY own opinion. I do believe in fate. I do believe our days are numbered and that God has a plan for us. That doesn't mean that YOU believe the same thing. And, I disagree that Wayne's post says that since you don't believe the same that YOU won't go to heaven. You are reading that in because you don't agree. That would be like saying that since YOU don't believe in God that everyone else has no right to say they feel any different. You want to have your right to post your opinion, but don't want to give us the same consideration. That is offensive to me. I have the right to say Merry Christmas. I have the right to say that I feel our time is set out from our birth. The scriptures back up what I say. And, yes, there are unfair things that happen, (holocaust, children dying) but the innocent have always suffered. It is not for us to question the why, just to know there is a plan for each person's life, set by God. Maybe God doesn't sit in heaven and say, "These two people are having the same surgery the same day. This one will die, this one will live." But, He allows things to happen, maybe by the choices that men make (like a bad doctor). We have no way of knowing this. The scripture also says it is not for us to ask why or to know the reasons for all things, but to have faith and be steadfast in what you believe.

The posts made by Wayne and by myself are OUR opinions. There are other people who DO feel this way, and may find solace in our post. There are other people who do NOT feel the same way, and they can skip our post and go on to something else. I work for a Jewish man, and he doesn't believe in Jesus. It doesn't mean that I don't have the right to how I feel or to express my feelings. I know a muslim girl who works at a store down the street, and she just got married because of a family arrangement. She always expresses well wishes to me when I stop there on my way to church on Sundays and wishes me well. I too wish her well. I do not try to impose my beliefs on either one of them and respect their faith and their feelings.

So, my conclusion? I will be praying for you.

So Sara,

How did it go? I am where you were. I have my surgery scheduled in February and I could not sleep last night thinking about death. I even told my husband to up the insurance...(LOL) I am afraid, but I know it must be done.

I had my band done in august, and I too was so afraid of not waking up and also I feared not knowing how much pain I would be in. My doctor gave me something to relax me before surgery as he does this with everybody and it was not even as bad as I thought it would be. Two days later I was feeling like I didn't even have anything done except for all my staples to prove it. I look back now and wonder how I was so afraid but if I had to do it again the worry would still be there, its just natural and once you see the results of what you choose to do, you will be so thankful you did it. I'm down 69 lbs since august 07:whoo:

SarahT1982,

I guess that I have some experience in this area. I just had my band put in on Dec. 26 and I get a little agitated at times too.

I know that it can seem scarey but if you need to relax some before they take you into surgery, just ask the anesthesiologist for something to calm you down and they will help you to relax. I always ask for something and as soon as I am in the surgery room and put onto the table, I am out within a couple of minutes or so.

The next thing I know is that someone is waking me up in recovery...:)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Marie

Hey Man-t You look like you've had the greatest sucess since your band in May! Wow! I am being banded next Wed Jan 9th at Barix in Ypsi in Michigan, and I too have had the thought of death or some other kind of drama. Any suggestions?

Just have all your ducks in a row. Everybody thinks about it. Good luck.

I appreciated your comments, and I too take my faith in Christ as a guarantee of heaven as my eternal home, should anything go different than I expect on the table. My band date is Jan 9th. Now I don't want to die on that date as a result of the procedure or anything afterward, but I do know where I will wake up! So I am a winner both ways!

Thank you all so much for your inspirational words. Hard to believe when I wrote that I thought I would be a month out from surgery! As of today I have yet to be banded but January 31 is the BIG DAY! :cheer2:

I seemed to have gotten over some of that initial fear, and have managed to find a great network of people experiencing the same things I am, thanks to this wonderful site.

I will update you all after surgery. Woo Hoo! 25 days! :)

I'm so glad to see you have such a positive outlook! Time will fly by and before you know it, you will have joined all us that are banded already, and then you will have other things that will occupy your time, like, when will I get my first fill? I think the waiting for the first fill was almost worse than waiting for the band!!! But, thank God, I'm doing fine and I'm sure that you will too! Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

:help: I too am extremely petrified of having this surgery. I feel like I have been on a emotional roller coaster for the past month and it's only getting worse as each day goes by. I was told to quit smoking in October and tried Chantix, had bad experience with that so I stopped it. I'm now smoking a pack a day compared to my previous 2 packs a day. I have a major fear of blood clots in my legs because of the surgery. The nurse liason said as long as I cut back a lot the few days before surgery which is Jan. 14, 2007 that i'll be fine. I keep thinking of everything bad that "could" happen and not really focusing much on the positive things. Anyone out there could offer me some support I would be much appreciative.

to Dave - mreagle5, I was a little anxious, but not really scared. I'm the type of person that when I make up my mind for something, nothing can change it. I had made up my mind that I WOULD have this surgery, and I wanted it SO bad that those emotions took place over being afraid. Of course, I had the fear as in any surgery that there could be complications. I think I had more fear afterwards when I had redness around my port that wouldn't go away. I was laying awake in bed and thinking all these thoughts wondering if my port was infected or if my body was rejecting it and what if they had to take it out? Then I was scared that they wouldn't fill me if it was red. Turned out that everything was fine. I did have a little more redness than usual, but my body just had to adjust.

I knew though from the beginning that I wanted this surgery and wanted the help it could give me. I hate the battle that I've fought for all these years. When I was a teenager and a young adult, I was smaller (size 7 pants, around 113 - 118 average weight). I want to be close to that again. I don't know if I can get that far, but my goal is 125, which is the ideal weight for my height. I know without this surgery I wouldn't have a chance. I'm also very thankful that my insurance covered the cost and covers my fills. Thanks for asking.