Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bypass Buddies

On 03/14/2019 at 19:11, claricey said:

Anyone else have (sorry for tmi) very loose stool almost like diarrhea? Surgery was Monday 3/11 and I’ve had it since yesterday. Will call Dr tomorrow. Also has anyone weighed themselves? I figured since I’ve had nothing but liquids and they’re going through me I’d have lost something. Well folks I am 6 pounds UP. I’m not discouraged yet as I am still swollen. But it was a bit of a kick in the shorts.
I had surgery on the 12th and am having the same problem. First time it happened, I was in bed asleep. Hoping it doesn’t last long.

Pre-op diet going well. I've lost 15 lbs in six days. 'course, I had gained about ten lbs in my food funeral week.

March 25th here and I can’t wait!!!

On 03/16/2019 at 07:36, Ellf said:

Pre-op diet going well. I've lost 15 lbs in six days. 'course, I had gained about ten lbs in my food funeral week.

I gained 14 so don’t feel bad. I’m Day 6 of my liquid diet and down 11lbs.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, BariatricBarb said:
On 3/14/2019 at 10:11 PM, claricey said:

Anyone else have (sorry for tmi) very loose stool almost like diarrhea? Surgery was Monday 3/11 and I’ve had it since yesterday. Will call Dr tomorrow. Also has anyone weighed themselves? I figured since I’ve had nothing but liquids and they’re going through me I’d have lost something. Well folks I am 6 pounds UP. I’m not discouraged yet as I am still swollen. But it was a bit of a kick in the shorts.

I had surgery on the 12th and am having the same problem. First time it happened, I was in bed asleep. Hoping it doesn’t last long.

Same here. Surgery on 3/13 and still happening

Same here. Surgery on 3/13 and still happening

Stay strong. Gets a bit better each day. Dont know if I'd trust passing gas anytime soon though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

How is everyone feeling? Tomorrow is 1 week since surgery and I still require pain meds for my largest incision. The muscle there is just on fire. No gas pains anymore. Eating what feels like a lot but right on plan. 75grams Protein (full liquids/puréed) and 64-80 oz. Water. Would love to hear from folks!

I’m glad you’re doing well! Im doing okay-ish.....my nausea comes and goes still and when it comes, it comes hard and fast! I haven’t thrown anything up, I just feel like I’m going to quite often!

I've been good until last evening. I think I had too much fluid/protein within a couple of hours. My stomach felt uncomfortable then it started cramping. A couple hours later I threw up 4 or 5 times. It was just frothy liquid but it hurt like the devil. For a few hours I was feeling like I was going to die. Sounds like dumping but I didn't have anything I shouldn't. Just Water and Protein Shakes. I feel much better today, but I'm being very cautious about the amount of liquids I'm taking in per hour. And I have not yet taken in the amount of liquids or Protein I should be. I just feel too full.

On another note I haven't had a bowel movement in over a week (before surgery). I'm calling the Dr. office tomorrow to discuss both these issues.

I’m having issues with getting the Protein in, and getting Vitamins down, I’m crushing the vitamins and taking with a bite of applesauce, but I’m still gagging trying to swallow it. Doing fine with Water, although sometimes I take too big a sip and it’s really painful. I know this is what I signed up for, but just needed to vent a little.