Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys I am 4 days post op and doing ok. Still a lil pain but staying on meds n doing my walking. Any pointers please offer up 😘

Hi Everyone,

feeling a little down today. Had surgery on Friday, 3/8, was in the ER Monday 3/11 and diagnosed with a kidney stone. Since then, the pain has been terrible, I’m nauseous all the time, i have no desire to drink anything and when I do, it makes me want to throw up. I know I’m probably dehydrated. I called my surgeon this morning before they opened and left a message w the service. At 5:30 pm they hadn’t called me back, so I called again and got the service. This time a dr called me right back but couldn’t really help and said I can wait to get an appt at their office or go to the ER. so I now have an appt at the ER at 8:00.

🙁

Anyone else have (sorry for tmi) very loose stool almost like diarrhea? Surgery was Monday 3/11 and I’ve had it since yesterday. Will call Dr tomorrow. Also has anyone weighed themselves? I figured since I’ve had nothing but liquids and they’re going through me I’d have lost something. Well folks I am 6 pounds UP. I’m not discouraged yet as I am still swollen. But it was a bit of a kick in the shorts.

On 03/14/2019 at 19:50, Pug-Mom-Patti said:

Hi Everyone,

feeling a little down today. Had surgery on Friday, 3/8, was in the ER Monday 3/11 and diagnosed with a kidney stone. Since then, the pain has been terrible, I’m nauseous all the time, i have no desire to drink anything and when I do, it makes me want to throw up. I know I’m probably dehydrated. I called my surgeon this morning before they opened and left a message w the service. At 5:30 pm they hadn’t called me back, so I called again and got the service. This time a dr called me right back but couldn’t really help and said I can wait to get an appt at their office or go to the ER. so I now have an appt at the ER at 8:00.

🙁

I’m so sorry to hear this! I hope they get everything addressed properly at the ER. Thinking of you and will pray for complete quick healing! Please check back in when you can to let us know how you’re doing.

On 03/14/2019 at 14:54, Andieintheak said:

I’m at my pre-op appointment right now. Surgery is Monday Am!!

Me too!! Good luck!

March 12th

13 hours ago, claricey said:

Anyone else have (sorry for tmi) very loose stool almost like diarrhea? Surgery was Monday 3/11 and I’ve had it since yesterday. Will call Dr tomorrow. Also has anyone weighed themselves? I figured since I’ve had nothing but liquids and they’re going through me I’d have lost something. Well folks I am 6 pounds UP. I’m not discouraged yet as I am still swollen. But it was a bit of a kick in the shorts.

Claricey,

My surgery was 3/4 and up until yesterday I didn’t have a solid stool. Of course if you have other symptoms certainly call your surgeon. As for the gain, I was 10lbs up and didn’t start losing until about the week mark. That’s normal. Hope you’re feeling well otherwise.

After my surgery (3/8), My Surgeon gas me two (2) pills to take in case of diarrhea. I would call so that they can give you something. I haven't had to take them, but they gave them to me. The weight gain - you won't really know anything until you get the diarrhea under control - STAY POSITIVE!!

On 03/14/2019 at 21:11, claricey said:

I had surgery rny on 3/8. I also have the same issue. I figure since all I am putting in is fluids that’s all that is going to come out. I started purée today so will see if it changes any.

17 hours ago, claricey said:
19 hours ago, Pug-Mom-Patti said:

Hi Everyone,

🙁

I’m so sorry to hear this! I hope they get everything addressed properly at the ER. Thinking of you and will pray for complete quick healing! Please check back in when you can to let us know how you’re doing.

Thanks Claricey! So they ended up admitting me last night around 1:00 am. Still haven’t passed the stone, there has been some debate about sending me home and wait it out, thankfully I have a great RN, who pushed for me to stay one more night and get fluids pumped by IV. If the stone hasn’t passed tomorrow, they may have to put in a stent.

im in much better spirits than yesterday, waiting for my broth and sugar free popsicle 😊

hope eveyone one else is doing ok!!

Thanks Claricey! So they ended up admitting me last night around 1:00 am. Still haven’t passed the stone, there has been some debate about sending me home and wait it out, thankfully I have a great RN, who pushed for me to stay one more night and get fluids pumped by IV. If the stone hasn’t passed tomorrow, they may have to put in a stent.

im in much better spirits than yesterday, waiting for my broth and sugar free popsicle [emoji4]

hope eveyone one else is doing ok!!

Sending prayers

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app