Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A week post op & I’m 2 steps from sucking the juice out of a hamburger

So I’m a week post op & sugar free Jello, sf popsicle all taste like a pound of sugar. broth is ok but I’m tired of smelling the Wendy’s my husband brought in the house tonight. I’m about to get a clean towel wet it and put a piece of that burger in it and just chomp on it & suck the juice out through the towel. Please talk me off this ledge!!!!!!

Doesn't sound appetising at all, don't do it really don't do it.

Go for a walk around the block, go have a soak in the bath, go do something other than being near a hamburger.

Edited by 2shea

So I’m a week post op & sugar free Jello, sf popsicle all taste like a pound of sugar. broth is ok but I’m tired of smelling the Wendy’s my husband brought in the house tonight. I’m about to get a clean towel wet it and put a piece of that burger in it and just chomp on it & suck the juice out through the towel. Please talk me off this ledge!!!!!!
I felt the same way. I wanted to lick it. I just tried to ignore it and eventually the burger was eaten by him and gone. Everything he makes or buys for dinner smells so good. Right now it's in my head but today I felt me stomach growl for the first time since surgery on the 15th. Monday I start puree/soft. I hope it helps to satisfy my head hunger

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

2Shea I know I’m not hungry but for some reason my sense of smell has become really strong. I asked him to please eat in another room on a different level of the house. This is the first time a smell has made me want it & I guess I’m just tired of the SF stuff being so super sweet to me but It’s getting late here so I’ll get in the shower & brush it off.

On 01/26/2019 at 20:45, Ellens531 said:

I felt the same way. I wanted to lick it. I just tried to ignore it and eventually the burger was eaten by him and gone. Everything he makes or buys for dinner smells so good. Right now it's in my head but today I felt me stomach growl for the first time since surgery on the 15th. Monday I start puree/soft. I hope it helps to satisfy my head hunger

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad to know I was not alone I start either full liquids or purée Tuesday after my first post op appointment.

The first few days my cravings were terrible!! Everything on tv looked delicious and bread was especially calling to me. It has gotten better and seeing the weight come off is further reinforcing everything. Don't do it!!

I struggle with this often. I have to prepare my son food and sometimes it gets to me. Tonight it was frozen pepperoni bread sticks hot out of the oven. yikes. I grazed on a couple cherry tomatoes and it curbed the beast. Truth is were always gonna have to deal with triggers. Just take it day by day and once you are able to eat some sort of real food, have something handy that you can pop in your mouth when it hits, this really helps me.

I know of people who have chewed up a humburger, spiit the solids out, just for the taste of meat juice. I have cooked Tomkitten meals with a sugar free popsicle either in my mouth or upended in a plastic glass nearby. And there were times in the beginning I went to another room so the food smell didn't make me sick.

I know how you feel I just started mine 2 days ago and I'm going crazy[emoji31]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app