Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein is Disgusting to me now!

Not meeting my Protein goals :( been trying but it’s so disgusting to me! They said 60 grams a day I’m doing a good 16-19! But i was 345 the day Of surgery now I’m down to 312! But I’m worried about not getting enough protein any suggestions!!??

I'm sick of Protein Shakes, too. I have to force myself to drink them. Have you tried Protein Water? I drink Isopure, but I've also heard good things about Protein 2o.

I’m also sick of Protein Shakes. What helps me is getting a Decaf iced americano at Starbucks and requesting a bigger cup and adding a vanilla Premier Protein shake to it.

Many ways to consume Protein depending on the post op stage you are at. What are you currently using for protein and what stage are you at?

4 hours ago, jdy83 said:

They said 60 grams a day I’m doing a good 16-19!

Yep, 60 grams It's a necessary evil to stay healthy in your first food stages. You will be getting rid of Protein shakes/bars when you can hit that goal with real food.

Another product to try is natures best Isopure drink.

Hydration and protein all in one. 160 calories, 0 carbs and 40 grams protein in a bottle. If the taste is too sweet add Water to it.

isopure-zero-carb-protein-drink-review-tamedblondeafro-isopure-protein-nutrition-label-630x380.jpg

images.jpg

Are you still in the liquids stage? Once you get to soft foods there is cottage cheese and soft flaky fish or chicken and scrambled eggs. And of course once you hit the real food stage your Protein options are unlimited.

Going to attempt flaky tiapua or another mild fish, the rest of the things you quoted come roaring back up, even eaten slowly and well-chewed. 😧😥💦I wanna rejoin the real world but Precious Pouch has stated I AIN'T READY & I must obey or repent with my little green barfie bags. Would you believe my Bariatric Clinic has a stack by the waiting room door so we can help ourselves?

Hi !

It's hard, I know

But

We sign a (mostly unwritten) contract with ourselves and teams to try and take the very best care after surgery and that includes following through with post op instructions on diet as well.

There are tons TONS of options and you have a little time to work towards the goal but don't ignore or avoid it.

Do your homework, try different types and give yourselves the very best chances of long-term health and success possible

Safe Journey 🎈

Look on Amazon for New Whey Liquid Protein.< br />
They were one of the items my NUT suggested and I am glad I tried them.

They are all sorts of fruit flavors, they are sweet and you add them to Water. I find that if I add them to 32 oz, I barely taste the sweetness.

My dietician suggested Doc Hale unflavored Protein that you can add to basically anything. I haven't needed to try it yet, but it's on my list of things to buy when the time comes. Here's the linky https://dochalenutrition.com/

Protein is the bane of my existence. I am almost 3 months and still usually at 20g-30g a day MAYBE. I just had my 3mos labs drawn, all the protein tests, so we'll see. My muscle mass is totally fine. I have drank maybe 10 shakes since surgery.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Add coffee or bitter unsweetened cocoa powder to shakes and get as much as you can from real food like cottage cheese. Other than that, all I can advise it just think of the shakes as medicine. Once I went from 2 shakes to 1 it became more manageable. I drink 1 Ensure Max a day (unlike other Ensure it has 30 grams of Protein, 150 calories and 1 gram of sugar). It is the most palatable of a terrible bunch out there but it sure ain't good. I add a little cold brew coffee concentrate to it, put it in a thermos and sip it over about 90 minutes. Weekdays are easier because I drink it at work and I am distracted from the gross taste, thick feeling in my mouth and the unsettled stomach feeling. I have tried adding fruit, milk, etc. but it just makes it bigger and it doesn't improve the taste much, so I just found a shake with low calories and high protein. It really, really sucks, but you just have to man up and drink the ****. I was not able to choke it all down right after surgery, but at least try at get a little more each day. Bariatric hot cocoa is a good way to get in the grams too, as is Fairlife milk.